As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: Onto a comical new season

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    set 1 RBD Ultra Rare (floats around $40) being reprinted (in alt art no less) in a free magazine kinda killed my interest in the game. I better understand MTG's no reprint list.

Other things:
    Jerry (Tycho) of Penny Arcade cried watching Equestria Girls 1 and 2. (59:32)

Jerry - "I just- I found the character of Sunset Shimmer, uh, very compelling. You know what I mean? I get- oh, yeah. And obviously in Equestria Rocks where [...]"

Mike - "What the hell are you talking about?"

Jerry - "Dude, you don't have a daughter, man! You don't know what it's like out here!"

Lots of good stuff that goes on for about two minutes. Don't feel like transcribing it all.

Super Bowl:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3AGdLLZHgFM/VM7nmVoeReI/AAAAAAACI2Q/cJGuX6720pk/s1600/819589__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+dash_pinkie+pie_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_animated_princess+twilight_mane+six.gif

http://dori-to.deviantart.com/art/Lyra-Shark-511394135

jCyyTSo.png
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    Daughter or no, if Equestria Girls made him cry, he's way more into the series than I am. And that's saying more than I'm comfortable admitting.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    set 1 RBD Ultra Rare (floats around $40) being reprinted (in alt art no less) in a free magazine kinda killed my interest in the game. I better understand MTG's no reprint list.

Personally, I say eff chase rares, especially when they have unique gameplay mechanics.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Riokenn wrote: »
    WeLoveFine is teasing a new vinyl figure.
    flutterbat-vinyl-pre-purchase.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love Flutters as much as the next fan. But it's kinda ridiculous to see two Fluttershy figures released back to back. Where are the other ponies?

Yeah but this one isn't 100 dollars.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Huh, how did I not hear about this? It sounds like it'd actually be pretty fun/funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9HcC0dWhnY

The game's website with info, rules, card downloads, etc.

http://tsssf-tcg.tumblr.com/

Stabbity_Style.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Premise aside, it looks like a fun casual game

jCyyTSo.png
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    It was getting a lot of press in my circles around when I went to Nightmare Nights last year so I picked a set up at the con. Haven't even opened it at this point so it was probably a somewhat silly purchase, but it was cheap so eh.

In related news, unless something goes wrong I'll be attending Bronycon this year. It's a fair ways out since the con itself is in August, but I wanted to get my plane fight and hotel reservations in early so I wouldn't be camping out in the boondocks compared to the location of the con. Even at this point the actual convention center hotel was fully booked, but I was able to get in someplace relatively near.

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Interestingly, I heard a lot of folks who were upset with the state of the MLPCCG jumped over to TSSSF. They claim it's pretty fun, and easy to play. There are apparently some decent ways to play it online, too. I haven't taken a good look at it yet, to be honest, but I keep seeing conventions and other fandom personalities promoting it (and custom cards for it).

And that's awesome, Ruldar! BronyCon actually sounds like it's going to be fairly impressive. I'm tempted to go myself this year. It sounds like a blast, and there's a fan project I'm involved with that might premiere there. The only thing holding me back is that it sounds like it's going to be bonkers huge this year (I tend to do poorly in crowded places). Apparently last year saw nearly 10,000 in attendance, with even more expected this year. That's kind of enormous!

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    Not sure if this quite counts as pony, but hey, it's from Mando.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnHb40DDUok

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about rainbow dash being a straight edger.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

The joke is that Fluttershy is a year older so she's legally able to drink and Rainbow Dash isn't. I guess it's not conveyed that well with just the image.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Designated Flier

YL9WnCY.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    OcU60UJ.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    One week until the season five trailer reveal at Ponycon NYC.

*twitches*

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Season 5 needs an intro with an aged Twilight reflecting on ancient happenings:

season 4.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    gavindel wrote: »
    Season 5 needs an intro with an aged Twilight reflecting on ancient happenings:

season 4.

Nah. A tall, alicorn body style Twilight with magic space hair reflecting on (possibly) ancient happenings. Keep the Fandom guessing.

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Andy Price is just the absolute best at drawing those two.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    For those of you into the CCG, how true is this?

20150209_3227.jpg

edited February 2015
    It's better these days than it was in the beginnings. The manual they pack-in has undergone several revisions since premiere by now, and if anything it's a little too simple to explain some of the game's complexities. That being said, the online resources are still vastly superior. They have an official primer now that does a pretty good job of describing the basics (with printable cards, no less), and seeing fan-videos of the game in action is much easier to follow than anything in tiny print.

That being said, if you want a read that would make even an eldritch horror pull their ethereal hair out, try reading the comprehensive tournament rules.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    Too big to embed, yet still totally adorable:

http://imgur.com/a/UtNzI

Source: http://dailylifeofspike.tumblr.com/

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    ByRjCl6.jpg
    90STnuO.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    tumblr_njd3mhmyew1s0sz7go1_500.png

Fluffle Puff's updating again if you haven't heard.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Can't grasp an idea on how they will mash up Archery/Friendship on Motorcycles/Human Twilight all in the same movie.

At least Sunset will be there.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I really like that Lunar Guardian and Pretty Princess Sailor Sparkle

newSig.jpg
    edited February 2015
    20150210_3228.jpg

Wait until he discovers how broken DJ is!

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    edited February 2015
    Season 5 trailer time! Here we goooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyfHkRtv57Y

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    What? No tacked on toy sales pitch?

newSig.jpg
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    First time I've actually watched any of those trailers or teasers...
    Oh, man, those smiling guys are creeping me the math out.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Awww, why did they cutout the bit about Hoofball?

Oh heck yeah.

And we're getting an episode that touches on what happened to the tree? Nice.

Man, forget that tree...

I'm more exited about the 100th episode.

Oh yeah, me too. If what they've been hinting at for the 100th episode turns out to be true, it's going to be awesometastic.

VuIBhrs.png
  • gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Communist ponies attack!

Ooooh, all the Dr Strangelove references we're going to have...

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
    You can't let a Griffon into the Throne Room!

She'll see the big map!

VuIBhrs.png