As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Return Twice Clears AT User

I think this just cropped up, because I'm pretty sure it's something I've done in the past.

Type "@" and begin entering a user name. Hit enter upon selecting the user you want to mention. Then, hit enter again.

The username gets cleared, and you're left with a basic @ symbol again. You have to type garbage text after a username in order to hit a return on the same line.

If you delete the garbage text, and then hit enter, it clears the username again.

Win8.1 Pro, Chrome v40.0.2214.93 m

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm getting this too.

Win 7, Chrome 40.0.2214.93 m

Also happens in IE 11 (11.0.9600.17501)

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I've seen similar issues posting lists of @ names. Copy/Pasting in the list of names, the last one pops up the @ name suggestion box and it does as described.

Win8.1, Chrome 39.0.2171.99m

Same issue on OSX Yosemite with Chrome (same version) and Safari 8.0.2

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Crimson, I get the same issue even if it's just a single name.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Same issue, single name too

Happening on Safari for me, Yosemite

poo
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Happening for me on both firefox and chrome. Firefox version 35.0.1. Chrome is my work computer.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Seems to have something to do with the autocomplete thing. After it happens, if I start typing again and then select something out of autocomplete it continues.

Hevach on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Seems to have something to do with the autocomplete thing. After it happens, if I start typing again and then select something out of autocomplete it continues.

Not if you hit enter twice after clicking on an autocompleted name. It still goes away.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    This is still going on, BTW.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @IcyLiquid
    case KEY_CODE.ENTER:
                if (!view.visible()) {
                  return;
                }
                e.preventDefault();
                view.choose();
                break;

view.choose(); is roughly where it's "clearing" in atwho.js

More, specifically, this line, inside that function:
    this.context.insert(this.context.callbacks("before_insert").call(this.context, content, $li), $li);

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Thanks for that. If you want to be properly helpful, you can submit this as a pull request.
    https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I've had this forever, ironically it only effects certain names like @HydroSqueegee