As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    FUI. Just a rumor, but a well trusted source. Bethesda is holding card close to vest on a Party announcement, expect news last week of FEB. ASUS will likely not be doing a party, there community team is scheduled to be somewhere very far away from PAX East

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    idk i had no issue at all with sanshee last year of course i got there pretty early around like 9ish but did not have any issues at all got right in and got my ticket

• KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    FUI. Just a rumor, but a well trusted source. Bethesda is holding card close to vest on a Party announcement, expect news last week of FEB. ASUS will likely not be doing a party, there community team is scheduled to be somewhere very far away from PAX East

Especially if its going to be Fallout themed

Edit: as far as Asus is concerned, does this mean no presence at PAX at all? I think that would be a first for them

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Kuma wrote: »

Well, as much as they deny up and down about the next Fallout, if it indeed takes place in Boston, it is almost guaranteed to be announced at A PAX East, not necessarily this year though. Although also with today's inability to keep stuff under wraps it will leak way before it's ever officially announced.

zmYaVYP.png

Well, as much as they deny up and down about the next Fallout, if it indeed takes place in Boston, it is almost guaranteed to be announced at A PAX East, not necessarily this year though. Although also with today's inability to keep stuff under wraps it will leak way before it's ever officially announced.

Good point, although one can dream about a Vault party

f7v9h.jpg
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »

Edit: as far as Asus is concerned, does this mean no presence at PAX at all? I think that would be a first for them

Hnnnnnnggggggggggg!

Ln5yLL7.png
    there actually is a place with a real bank vault downstairs in it forget what the bar is called but it is were sanshee had there party last year

• Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    there actually is a place with a real bank vault downstairs in it forget what the bar is called but it is were sanshee had there party last year

That's Stadium you're thinking of

yup thats the one

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I bought a ticket for Indies Need Booze, but now I see they have "All Access Pass" for Indies Need Booze, 8-Bit Boston, and Sanshee block party. Has anyone purchased the Pass before? Experiences with the Pass? Worth it?

I don't have any experience with a Pass, but idk about coughing up $50 for three parties that I may or may not make it to...PAX is such a fluid event that I try to leave my options open for Friday/Saturday night parties.

ya thats the only reason I would not right now I mean sanshee is a for sure for me so if a dif friday party did not open up may be a good idea. Really I would hold off on ordering the 3 pack inless u for sure know you will go to those 3 parties or you dont mind paying for more then 1 party even if u may only end up going to one. Me personally if i am gonna pay 20-25 for a ticket i plan on closing the place down which is why I am waiting to see what comes about before making any real decisions

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I wouldn't count on a Fallout party even if Bethesda were to announce a new game in the series. They use parties to promote what's about to come out, not what's miles down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did another Elder Scrolls theme, maybe Doom?

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on a Fallout party even if Bethesda were to announce a new game in the series. They use parties to promote what's about to come out, not what's miles down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did another Elder Scrolls theme, maybe Doom?

Well, the ESO party was two years ago, right? Last year they did the Wolfenstein party. Hmmmm...

Ln5yLL7.png
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I bought a ticket for Indies Need Booze, but now I see they have "All Access Pass" for Indies Need Booze, 8-Bit Boston, and Sanshee block party. Has anyone purchased the Pass before? Experiences with the Pass? Worth it?

I don't have any experience with a Pass, but idk about coughing up $50 for three parties that I may or may not make it to...PAX is such a fluid event that I try to leave my options open for Friday/Saturday night parties.

If I recall the feedback from last year, the Pass was deemed to not be worth the cost of admission for the block party (obviously, individual results may vary). IIRC, the main difficulty included long wait times to move between the parties, where people were just giving up or staying put at the one party they were at.

• pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Just FYI: Indies is on Thursday night, 8 bit 2 is on Friday night. So you don't have to hop for those. Not sure about the Sanshee party...but if it's on Saturday, there's no need to "hop", at all.
    I'll be at 8bit 2 on Friday night. Not doing Indies because my wife an I have plans to meet up with some friends on Thurs night at Whiskey Priest.

pilferk on
    from what i have heard sanshee will indeed be saturday

• H2O AcidicH2O Acidic Registered User regular
    We all know the REAL great party was Gamers Gone Wild. :-P

im just hoping that a lot of places decide not to do parties since south just happened.

Guess you don't want to have fun, meet new people, create new friendships?

• agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular

And it closed earlier this month.

There goes some of my hopes and dreams...

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular

And it closed earlier this month.

There goes some of my hopes and dreams...

Really? Haven't been down that way in a bit, was a bit of an awkward bar anyways.

• danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Imsorad wrote: »
    They use parties to promote what's about to come out, not what's miles down the road.

Exactlly. Yea I would be guessing BattleCry or Doom, but I am leaning more towards BattleCry. Thats only if this is true. But....if there was a Doom one....I will be there in a flash!

danielofthekings on
    H2O Acidic wrote: »

The good ol days

f7v9h.jpg
    damn sad to see that place closed i enjoyed it a lot last year

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Stadium closed? Dangit, that place was a staple of the pokecrawl for as long as I can remember!

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    Hello everyone! I know I am a little late to this forum this year but I am here to clear up things on Indies Need Booze for PAX East this year. I'll try and make this quick but please feel free to ask me questions!
    • Indies Need Booze ticket is 16.82 which is the price that includes the fee
    • We have a full venue this year since we are working with Exclusively N.E.P. It holds up to 300 people at a time
    • Yes drinks are not free but unlike most parties you'll be getting two game codes from Indie Game Stand, one game code from tinyBuild, and a light up lanyard from tinyBuild as well. Worth more than the ticket price.
    • Since we have a full venue we will be able to show a lot more games so far announced Soda Drinker Pro, Super Dwarf Madness, Lets Quip, Catlateral Damage, Knock-In Check-Out, Speed Runners, and Jungle Rumble.
    • This party is not about selling merchandise, but it's about making connections with indie developers and fans alike.
    • There will be more announcements in the coming weeks so this is just the beginning!

@gaminginpublic I was told that prime held 600 people is this not the case. I just ask cause I know you guys are selling 600 tickets to other parties being held there like 16 bit. If the place can only hold 300 at one time I feel like a lot of people will be waiting outside.

Let me clarify so the venue itself holds 600 but just for our event we are only holding 300 at time for Indies Need Booze. This is because we like having a event where you can talk with other people and not be crowded on your way to the bar. This is so we can keep our party goers happy as well as make sure you get out in time with all your swag. Above all if we had over 300 people during our party you would most likely have to wait in a line to play a game.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular

The good ol days

The best party I can barely remember. Luckily I have a few pictures I found on my phone days later.

Kyuss wrote: »

The good ol days

The best party I can barely remember. Luckily I have a few pictures I found on my phone days later.

Funny thing you mention that because the company that puts on our event, 16 Bit Boston, and the Sanshee Block Party started off by creating Gamers Gone Wild. Exclusively N.E.P. does great work and even though all three of these parties are different they bringing a level service that most parties don't have.

Kyuss wrote: »

The good ol days

Yeah, I got sideways at both of the GGW parties. Nice screen name too, speaking of the good ol days

f7v9h.jpg
  • KryptoLojikKryptoLojik Grand Master of Funkotron NE Pa.Registered User regular
    Bethesda will most likely throw a DOOM party since that needs the most promoting. Historically to my knowledge there has never been a AAA title announced at East. Bethesda(Zenimax) already knows were buying FO4 so there's little reason for them to throw money away like that. ...I hope I'm wrong.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular

I think one of the Walgreens near Boston Commons has a bank vault in it too

Ya but you cant really use a walgreens for a party lol

• ManlyExplosionManlyExplosion Registered User new member
    Ya but you cant really use a walgreens for a party lol
    Not with THAT attitude!

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Bethesda will most likely throw a DOOM party since that needs the most promoting. Historically to my knowledge there has never been a AAA title announced at East. Bethesda(Zenimax) already knows were buying FO4 so there's little reason for them to throw money away like that. ...I hope I'm wrong.

I would LOVE a Doom party.

The good ol days

Yeah, before SFX-360/DigitalNoob went away I was staff there.

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Made in MA party is scheduled for 3/5....details are still tbd

http://www.massdigi.org/events/pre-pax-east-made-in-ma-party-march-5-2015-cambridge-ma/

• CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Sanshee tickets for Saturday night are up:

https://sansheeblockparty2015.eventbrite.com

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Sanshee tickets for Saturday night are up:

https://sansheeblockparty2015.eventbrite.com

Looks promising...wonder what you get for the $50 VIP tix...besides access to 5th flr bar/area.

This discussion has been closed.