As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's our [Job] thread

19495969798100»

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Next week is carnival over here and some colleagues started playing "appropriate" music to get in the mood. I'll give my brain about five more minutes before it starts leaking out of my ears.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I vaguely worry about you getting in trouble for that, timspork...then on the other hand you seem to have pretty free reign in there.

It's been used once this year, by me. Also I'm pretty sure that setting is tied into my account, which is normally never logged into that computer, so it'll probably never actually get used.

Just knowing it is there makes me smile.

Huh. I misread that as "Just knowing it is there makes me senile". Gettin' old Tim? Do you think those kids would even get the reference?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Dear job thread,

Today was a good day.

I'm, uh, not allowed to tell you why. But on Wednesday, I might just have to watch Braveheart.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Caught one mouse. Probably Cornelius.

Try some flowers for Algernon.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Dear job thread,

Today was a good day.

I'm, uh, not allowed to tell you why. But on Wednesday, I might just have to watch Braveheart.

Lemme guess: you just had sex with Brendan Gleeson.

Close?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I was just in the English Plan area talking and there was this huge BANG from out in the hall. The security guys in the office next door leap out there and some kid had knocked one of the big heavy trash cans over. The security guys go over to the stairwell and there's this kid sticking his head out the door to the outside. They ask him what happened and he said he knocked it over. They asked him why and he said he felt like it. Both security guys responded in unison with a Oh Hellll no.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Dear job thread,

Today was a good day.

Lemme guess: you just had sex with Brendan Gleeson.

Close?

I'm pretty sure Brendan Gleeson is under the same MMPA protection as seals, you have to keep a minimum distance and can't touch him.

But you're close in the sense that for once, someone is getting fucked and it's not me. Unless it all falls through on Wednesday. In which case we revert back to business as usual.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Next week is carnival over here and some colleagues started playing "appropriate" music to get in the mood. I'll give my brain about five more minutes before it starts leaking out of my ears.

Where are you?

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Aircraft nose number: 007.

No other comment necessary.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    This week makes me want to be a hermit who subsists on whiskey and goat cheese

Just fuck this situation entirely

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

Maybe a nice jamon as well.

Then I can hermit it up.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular

You make the hermit life sound awesome. Why aren't I a hermit?

I need to get on that.

Also, hugs.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I might barf at work today.

I told you not to spit on that witch doctor.

The sequel where Bernie barfs when music plays rather than dancing is actually quite good.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

Where are you?

Rhineland. Epicenter of german carnival.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Maybe a nice jamon as well.

Then I can hermit it up.

Jamon is acceptable, as is other charcuterie

You may pass

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

Where are you?

Rhineland. Epicenter of german carnival.

I never thought about Germany celebrating Carnival for some reason. I'm from Louisiana, and we have lots of good Mardi Gras music for you!

I also need to bring a king cake into the office.

This discussion has been closed.