As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The I'm Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today [job] Thread

UsagiUsagi NahRegistered User regular
Video NSFW but absolutely true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWJpZad8zU8

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    To start the thread with a ~vaguepost~

The lemurs of good luck are still working hella strong (thank you @JoeUser )

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Two days of block training done and now back to real work.

Also found out one of the OT's here got the AISA(A) job I wanted. Oh well, it's an out of class position for 2-3 months, so nothing permanent. I'll keep on studying for my A+ Cert and keep on down that road. Eventual goal is Sacramento.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    People are requesting that I bring in more goods from this tiny awesome bakery by my apartment on Fridays. Some vehemently.

This is how my power spreads. Soon my doughy frosted agents shall have infiltrated the entire office, and then I shall strike.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Hoping my back will let me get some work in tomorrow. I don't have any sick days yet so yesterday and today are just a total loss, hours-wise.

• Options
    WTF GETH?

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Lots of leftover veggies from this morning: baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. If they're not snatched up by 3pm, I'm taking a bunch home for cooking.

I'm also eating some because you can never get enough fiber at a desk job.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Boom, raise and a bonus. I heart February.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    More news about the sale of my territory to Frontier, they will honor the collective bargaining agreement until it expires. So I have until Aug of 2016 on the outside, assuming they retain this department after the sale.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I do feel less panicked about the sale than I did previously. This might be a golden opportunity to get a job in California, a place I've been interested in moving to for a while.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    really thankful that there's activities and stuff planned out for the kids today; only had one kid through detention so far and I'm already halfway through!

not sure I could handle even being here if it was a revolving-door day, what with getting so little sleep over the last week that my left eye keeps twitching and the best the coffee can do is make me slightly manic

• Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    Still haven't received an offer for the new job I got a call about in the first week of January. It's a gov gig and my buddy that's there keeps reassuring me that it's just cause "Gov is super slow lol". What he doesn't know is that I got an interview and an offer from a different fed position that I don't reeaaaaaaalllly want in the time since the call.

I am prepared to flee from the black helicopters at every moment, I just know they finally found me.

:(

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    All right. I need serious help.

My grad assistant hid post it notes under all of my stuff of different Pokemon attacks and I need to think of a way to get him back when he's in the office on Monday. I picked up my keyboard to see "Pigeot use Quick Attack!" and even found a "Butterfree use Psybeam" under my calendar. I've found four so far.

Help me fellow nerds.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Only thing I can think of is a Star Destroyer

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »

My grad assistant hid post it notes under all of my stuff of different Pokemon attacks and I need to think of a way to get him back when he's in the office on Monday. I picked up my keyboard to see "Pigeot use Quick Attack!" and even found a "Butterfree use Psybeam" under my calendar. I've found four so far.

Help me fellow nerds.

Throw them all away and act like it never happened. Just take all the wind out of his sails.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Why is it everyone migrates to the area I just left?

Today started off well though, so I can't complain too much.

newSig.jpg
  • Options

Help me fellow nerds.

Print out pictures of Nic Cage and squirrel them away in their stuff

Bonus point of you can slip it into a PowerPoint slide package

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Still haven't received an offer for the new job I got a call about in the first week of January. It's a gov gig and my buddy that's there keeps reassuring me that it's just cause "Gov is super slow lol". What he doesn't know is that I got an interview and an offer from a different fed position that I don't reeaaaaaaalllly want in the time since the call.

I am prepared to flee from the black helicopters at every moment, I just know they finally found me.

Unless they stated it would be a good while, I'm not so sure on the "gov't is slow" excuse. I've worked in federal before as well and it was usually fairly quick on job filling, unless they were trying to get a specific person and are only putting the listing out due to requirements. What was the nature of the original call?

• Options
    Also just in case anybody was wondering

I did the orange thing again this morning :whistle:

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Jess......

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what USAA look for when they hire claims adjusters? At this point I'd beg for that job just to get away from sales.

• Options
    Tam wrote: »
    Does anyone know what USAA look for when they hire claims adjusters? At this point I'd beg for that job just to get away from sales.

Don't have an answer for you, but I just opened a bank account with them!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Help me fellow nerds.

change all of his desktop icons to psyduck and/or snorelax.

IT IS THE ONLY WAY!

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

Help me fellow nerds.

Yes yes yes

I like this line of thinking.

Part of the issue is that he shares all his work space with the other student workers. So if I do this I have to be especially sneaky in terms of timing.

• Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Unless they stated it would be a good while, I'm not so sure on the "gov't is slow" excuse. I've worked in federal before as well and it was usually fairly quick on job filling, unless they were trying to get a specific person and are only putting the listing out due to requirements. What was the nature of the original call?

From the hiring manager / chief of the site saying "I CHOOSE YOU!". I think it may be this particular entity and their CPAC. It's cool, I ain't even mad just super happy I didn't notify anyone.

PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Help me fellow nerds.

Yes yes yes

Part of the issue is that he shares all his work space with the other student workers. So if I do this I have to be especially sneaky in terms of timing.

Assuming the others can keep a secret, take them aside and get them in on it. Have them help slip pics in when he's not looking and have them act like they don't see anything/

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Weaver wrote: »

In the last year working at Wells Fargo, I've never seen any of our staff convince a USAA customer to move their business over to us.
    So you're probably in good hands, relatively speaking.

Tam on
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

Help me fellow nerds.

change all of his desktop icons to psyduck and/or snorelax.

IT IS THE ONLY WAY!

Better idea is to change all of his desktop icons to Psyduck, including the wallpaper, then hit Print Screen to copy the image, then paste it into your image saver of choice.

From here you take all those desktop icons and shove them into a single folder, which is also Psyduck, then set the wallpaper to be the Print Screen you just took.

You now have what looks like a normal, albeit strange, desktop with only one actual folder. And you can make that folder invisible too if you want.

• Options

Help me fellow nerds.

Yes yes yes

Or you could recruit them!

That would technically be even better, because you could feign complete ignorance as yet another Nic Cage appears in random places

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Ok, Pandora, we need to have another chat.

No, it's not about the music, we burned down the old channels after your recent upgrade, remember? The ones we had were stuck on a terminal 20 song loop with one new song per hour. Yes, that is your fault. No, I honestly don't mind rebuilding the stations (aside from slapping dubstep into my Johnny Cash channel).

This is about your goddamned ads. Pushing aside the fact that every third pop-up ad is an online dating service with increasingly NSFW selfies, your most recent efforts look like skeevy mail order bride shit.

Asian Only Girlfriends is pretty fucked.

Foreign Girlfriends: Valiant Ukrainian Women is beyond fucked and more than a little exploitative.

Spotify may get downloaded before I even get home to my wifi.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular

USAA is a great bank. Also insurance company. I feel obligated to talk about how much I <3 them whenever they come up.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Help me fellow nerds.

Yes yes yes

That would technically be even better, because you could feign complete ignorance as yet another Nic Cage appears in random places

More like Slowsagi. :)

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MadEddy wrote: »

USAA is a great bank. Also insurance company. I feel obligated to talk about how much I <3 them whenever they come up.

I think you need to have a family member in the military though. If you do, then yeah they're absolutely fantastic. I have my car loan and insurance through them along with bank accounts. No bullshit fees.

• Options

Help me fellow nerds.

Yes yes yes

I am very busy bashing my orange into my desk, thankyouverymuch

• Options
    Coldstone sent me a Valentines Email with a 2-for-1 coupon, imploring me to use it on someone special.

I'm special enough for two ice creams so that's my plan after work.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

I think you need to have a family member in the military though. If you do, then yeah they're absolutely fantastic. I have my car loan and insurance through them along with bank accounts. No bullshit fees.

Currently active duty if memory serves, which is why I can't get no satisfaction.

• Options

Help me fellow nerds.

Yes yes yes

I am very busy bashing my orange into my desk, thankyouverymuch

Acceptable.

• Options

Currently active duty if memory serves, which is why I can't get no satisfaction.

I got out in 2003 and they took me. Think I'm gonna get my renters insurance through them. Don't own a car, so I don't need that kind of insurance. I was worried about not being able to make deposits, but looks like I can make deposits at the UPS store upstairs from where I work.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular

I keep hearing nothing but good things about them. Shame I can't sign up with them since I don't have any family members as part of the armed services.

• Options

Checking the website, it looks like the eligibility is:

-You serve/served in the military
    -Your spouse serves/served in the military
    -Your parent or spouse is a USAA member

It doesn't mention active duty.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They stretch the rules on that, though.

A friend of mine has it, but only because his ex-wife did through her family. He gets to keep his coverage even though he's not related to anyone with it. Don't know if it'll extend to any future spouses/kids, but it's something.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.