As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, February 6, 2015 - Universals

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, February 6, 2015 - Universals

Universals

Universals

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/02/06

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    OtieOtie Registered User regular
    The truth about desk cleanliness (or non-cleanliness) revealed!

https://samsonofficesupplies.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/what-does-your-desk-say-about-you/

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Good comic, made me laugh.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I assume this is about a video game? Well, that should make Soul Sanctum happy. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Mr_Grinch was warned for this.
    Hey, @Soul Sanctum, look, it's about video games!
    :heartbeat:

Tube on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Destiny?

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Also would've accepted Xur playing DDR or waiting to get into Ground Kontrol.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Guess that's what he means by 'serving the Nine'.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    I assume this is about a video game? Well, that should make Soul Sanctum happy. ;)

This is not necessary

• Options
    CaptApocalypseCaptApocalypse Registered User regular
    Makes sense. I mean, you don't want your dope threads caked in the blood of the Fallen. That's just gross.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    This is the rare comic where I have no idea what game it's referring to, but based on the looks of the blue guy in the first panel and Gabe's much-noted and inexplicable fascination, I'm going to guess Destiny.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    This is the rare comic where I have no idea what game it's referring to, but based on the looks of the blue guy in the first panel and Gabe's much-noted and inexplicable fascination, I'm going to guess Destiny.

Yup. Strange coins are one of the things you collect and trade in for various loot.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »

Yeah, I had no clue which game this was either. That was the other purpose of my post earlier.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Otie wrote: »
    The truth about desk cleanliness (or non-cleanliness) revealed!

{link removed}

Tell me more about this office supply store blog post from 2009!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    I feel like I'm alone, but I just don't understand the Destiny appeal. I thought the game was a big let down.

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    ...I don't think I've seen anyone capture the color and texture of laundromat dryers so well before.

• Options
    HyzeHyze Registered User regular
    SIXyt wrote: »
    I feel like I'm alone, but I just don't understand the Destiny appeal. I thought the game was a big let down.

You're not alone. A lot of people, including people who play Destiny like myself, think that the game is a big let down to what it could have been.

Still fun though.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    huh, the comic is not loading for me, not on this thread or on the main page

• Options
    UberMattUberMatt Registered User new member
    Yah, looks like CloudFlare isn't serving the last 2 comics (to some countries?). Via a USA proxy it looks okay, but my home connection (Australia) doesn't; CloudFlare is saying the image is 0 bytes:
    http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-DBcKGvd/0/1050x10000/i-DBcKGvd-1050x10000.jpg

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 02:18:07 GMT
    Content-Type: image/jpeg
    Content-Length: 0
    Connection: keep-alive
    Cache-Control: public, max-age=31536000
    Content-MD5: 1B2M2Y8AsgTpgAmY7PhCfg==
    ETag: "ffb64e31d4285afe89dd3bc32cade0a5-1050x10000.O.1"
    ETag: 
    Expires: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 02:18:07 GMT
    Last-Modified: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 02:44:41 GMT
    Smug-Content-Length: 0
    Smug-Env: live, photoserve, us-east-1d, i-df984c30
    Smug-S: 0
    X-Powered-By: SmugMug/1.0
    X-Robots-Tag: noarchive, noindex, nosnippet
    X-Smug-CT: m
    X-Smug-D: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 17:49:13 PST
    X-Smug-H: df984c30
    X-Smug-PH: 0.0516
    X-Smug-V: 5
    X-TTFB: 59.6445
    CF-Cache-Status: HIT
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Server: cloudflare-nginx
    CF-RAY: 1b5455b361af0b1a-SYD

• Options
    KethennKethenn Registered User staff
    I've requested that CloudFlare purge the last two comics and re-pull. Let me know if you guys continue seeing problems with these. Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    @Kethenn I still can't see either, if it should have been working by now.

• Options
    RakkahRakkah Registered User regular
    Still busted, from Australia.

SC2 SEALanguid.619 USLanguid.362 | Steam
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Still can't see it. Clearly there is some anti-Australian PAX related conspiracy on order here!?!?!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Still broken for Aussies! :(

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    waynemcdougallwaynemcdougall Registered User new member
    Both pages remain unavailable in New Zealand

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Possible workaround for Club PA members, you can at least read the strip by clicking the Hi-Res strip download button...

• Options
    Fei-IdFei-Id Registered User new member
    2 weeks now and I still have not been able to see this strip (caught the previous one, but I suspect it was before CloudFlare cached it as it won't load now either). I am also in Australia.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    'The coins' being bolded and lack of a question mark are what made this comic great for me. And I can't articulate why.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    waynemcdougallwaynemcdougall Registered User new member
    Three weeks and both comics are unavailable in New Zealand. http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/02/04/precautions

I wonder if @Kethenn is still watching this thread.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Ummmm

Not to be a debbie downer, but I'm in NZ and can load the comics okay, and have never had a problem in loading them.

Works fine from both my home and work computers.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.