As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Am I the only one who hate fandoms?

Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better.Registered User regular
I mean, don't get me wrong, it's awesome to be in a group of people who are into the same things that you're in. But, personally, I finding myself just hating them all. I mean there's the easy group to hit on like Homestuckers. I mean, when I read stuff like this:
So I'm at Panera on Wednesday morning chillin with my sandwich and this group of Homestucks walk in. They're in full cosplay (this was a few hours before the big NDK NYE dance so that's probably where they were headed) complete with unsealed grey paint that was getting all over everything they touched. I couldn't tell exactly what age they were but I'm guessing somewhere in the 14-17 range. All they got was a cookie and a water cup (which they filled with soda), they started messing around being unnecessarily loud and obnoxious and just generally pissing everybody off. They were screaming stuff like "OH MY GOG UR SUCH A FUCKASS" even though there were children in the booth behind them. At one point they decided to play 'the penis game' and were screaming PENIS PENIS PENIS at the top of their lungs. It was at this point that the manager came over. She calmly told them that she had gotten several complaints about their behavior and she asked them to please quiet down and stop disturbing the other customers or she was going to have to ask them to leave. She also asked that they please pay for the soda that they stole. And this is where it gets fun. The Terezi cosplayer, the one that stole the soda, picked up her drink cup and THREW IT ALL OVER THE MANAGER she then proceeded to scream "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I AM YOU LITTLE BITCH? I AM A TEAL BLOOD! I AM THE LAW! GO FUCK YOURSELF!" By this point the whole Panera is staring and I was in shock. The manager stood there for a few seconds, soaking wet, before she walked away and into the kitchen. The homestucks just laughed and insulted her, calling her a dumb cunt and stuff like that. A few minutes later 2 cops walk into the Panera and arrest the Terezi for disturbing the public and assaulting the manager.

I feel nothing but shame to even know what Homestuck is.

Even regular stuff like cars. Every single car meet I've gone to was nothing but multiple group of guys all cock wagging at one another until somebody does something stupid and the police shows up. It feels like I have to keep all my hobbies and interests way deep in the closet because there's always that 1 guys that fucking overshadows those hobbies and interest with cringe worthy dumbfuckery. I really wish someone could tell me that I'm doing it wrong and point me in the right direction.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The world is full of assholes. Sometimes they like the same things you do. Big whoop.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Dumb people are everywhere and dumb for every reason and like everything that has ever been likable.

Feeling dumb for liking something a dumb person likes is

Well, dumb.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    glad to see you finally found a social club

lfYVHTd.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Is this the new mspa thread?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The world can't all be assholes, dicks, and pussies.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I play it safe and just don't like anything.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    everyone should listen to the Viking Rocketship amateur podcast network's star podcast, Let Me Tell You About Homestuck

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Even regular stuff like cars. Every single car meet I've gone to was nothing but multiple group of guys all cock wagging at one another until somebody does something stupid and the police shows up.

#1: Stop going to shitty car meets.

• MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    People who base their identity around some thing that they like are insufferable???

l3icwZV.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i don't understand people who define themselves solely by their consumption habits. I eat a lot of beef. I'm not going to call myself a beefer.

Cause beef also means fart in some places and now i'm laughing oh god what have i done.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Melding wrote: »
    i don't understand people who define themselves solely by their consumption habits. I eat a lot of beef. I'm not going to call myself a beefer.

Cause beef also means fart in some places and now i'm laughing oh god what have i done.

Hey, don't make fun of the Beefeaters, they're cool people

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I kinda dislike it when people start talking as if they're nations or something.

"We the Browncoats are extending an olive branch to the Whovian People. Let the crossover fanfics between our peoples flow once more."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i was going to make a comment about the fakeness of the story in the OP

but then i remembered the video about spitting in a bucket

broken image link
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

yeah no I'm gonna self-identify as a beefer I think in spite of any of the possible definitions of the word

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    glad to see you finally found a social club

I love you

KetBra wrote: »

Hey, don't make fun of the Beefeaters, they're cool people

nah beefeaters are actually rad, and i know the joke you're making here but i gotta respect those guys.

but still, beefers.

it also sounds like beavers.

this works on so many childish levels.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Is there a fandom for Rumple Minze?

Because sign me up for those meets.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg

The joke is "So what is the Homestuck fandom called?"

"Terrible."

YL9WnCY.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    What am I saying...

Every PAX is a Rumple meet-up.

yeah no I'm gonna self-identify as a beefer I think in spite of any of the possible definitions of the word

i'm gonna self-identify as a beefer because of the other definitions

broken image link
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

After the picture of some My Little Pony plush being dissolve in some guys bottle of semen. There's nothing fake anymore. At one point in time I would of thought that there's no way a team of guys would allow a horse to fuck someone to death, but now I know better.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    is this thread where I make a post consisting entirely of "us gamers" bolded and in all caps?

The Geebs That Loves Flatulence

I wrote that as Beegs four times. i don't know why.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    What am I saying...

Ryan is the fucking devil

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    What am I saying...

Ryan is the fucking devil

RYAN IS A SAINT!

is this thread where I make a post consisting entirely of "us gamers" bolded and in all caps?

yes, or, join the beefers.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015

If you and @Bobkins Flymo are still awake, how come you buttfaces aren't on skype

MY GIRLFRIEND IS OUT OF TOWN, I NEED TO TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

sarukun on
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

how many lives do you have tdoot? how many lives do u gamerz have??

e7E3qMe.jpg
    Never Forget

YL9WnCY.png
    why does a small horse need a hat?

First of all, ponies are a different species of horses.

Second of all, Applejack is a rough and rugged earth pony who works all day in the sun. Have you ever work all day in the sun without a hat? Let me clue you in; sunburns are a bitch.

To keep the sun out of her eyes?

broken image link

To keep the sun out of her eyes?

but why do none of the others have any?

I mean, i guess the unicorns don't need one, but you'd think the flying ones would. or goggles at least.

I don't understand these shows any more. hats and sports tape everywhere.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It makes one feel like a big person saying 'I don't understand identifying yourself by a fandom', but there are a lot of lonely people out there. Any mildly exciting thing that places you in social contact is suddenly a massive increase in quality of life. There are people that go too far off the deep end that need either a frank talk, but for the large part leave them be.

VRXwDW7.png
    Seriously though identify however feels right to you, even if it is based on a piece of media or food.

As long as it's not something that hurts others, people got no right to shame you for it.

broken image link
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Stop getting mad at made up stories

Well I suppose they do have a right what with free speech and all, but it still makes them a jerk.

broken image link
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think it's weird when people talk about fandoms like they're monolithic communities

I mean, just on this forum there's a completely different community of Doctor Who fans between SE++ and D&D, never mind the difference between the Doctor Who community on Reddit and the Doctor Who community on tumblr

people talk about "THE [blank] FANDOM" like everybody who likes a thing meets in the same place and knows the same people and whatnot

Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    It makes one feel like a big person saying 'I don't understand identifying yourself by a fandom', but there are a lot of lonely people out there. Any mildly exciting thing that places you in social contact is suddenly a massive increase in quality of life. There are people that go too far off the deep end that need either a frank talk, but for the large part leave them be.

If being a whovian is your entire life, you are alien to me. I don't mean that as an insult, it's just i don't think i can understand that frame of mind.

It's not a place i have ever been, nor ever will. If it makes you happy, sure I might think you weird or silly but so long as you're happy and not hurting anyone that's the extent of my feeling on it.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've got this cousin who is kind of a massive fan of Doctor Who and as far as I know she pretty much only interacts with the DW community that exists on Facebook

which is totally weird to me, but people do what they do