As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Rogues are surprisingly squishy going up against the Gorgrond elites that drop the little quest bits for XP turnin. Paladin and Hunter shit stomped them. Teleporting from target to target as a rogue in a small area is pretty cool though.

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Logs.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/339b8754-57f0-4e53-a674-13789398b01e/overview

Some minor issues for healers to work out. DPS is getting better every week.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited January 2015
    And we are officially 5/7 on farm.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yeesh, watching my DPS go down with each fight is depressing. I'm not really good at keeping my DPS high in fights that require a lot of movement.

• RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    So Sundays are my one day off each week and I've been itching to get back into WoW for the longest while. I can't even remember where most of my characters are in level, let alone servers.

Oh boy, here we go again.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I've been getting the itch again too. I was on battlenet account last night and saw the little 10 day trial button by the draenor expansion. My brain said don't click it, but I did anyway. I don't have any characters on Draenor, so I want to make one. Just trying to decide what I want to do. I keep trying new mmos, but I always just want to come back to wow.

How active is the guild?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    Fairly, raid couple times a week. Almost always a few people on puttering about.

Yeah, we regularly raid every Wednesday night. Sometimes we also try to do raiding on Sunday nights, but less people can come to those. We haven't had a Sunday raid in a few weeks.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Just upgraded to warlords. I feel so wrong choosing a character to go straight to 90, even though I'm going to do it anyway.

anoffday wrote: »
    Just upgraded to warlords. I feel so wrong choosing a character to go straight to 90, even though I'm going to do it anyway.

Well, if you end up in the guild and you need glyphs, just mail me a request. Materials are no issue, so it's free to guild members.

Awesome thank you.

Can I get an invite? Asked in game, but no one on was able to invite. In game name is Deule. Thanks.

Can I get an invite? Asked in game, but no one on was able to invite. In game name is Deule. Thanks.

Did you get one? We all passed out in a drunken stupor after watching superbowl.

brDe918.jpg
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    What is the go-to site nowadays for WoW info?

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    What is the go-to site nowadays for WoW info?

Wowhead is good for looking up quests, items, etc.
    I like Icy Veins for the class guides.

• notmetalenoughnotmetalenough Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Crossposted from our facebook group:

How 2 git gud:

A lot of people have noticed that they're not doing as hot as they might like to be. I have a couple pieces of advice that are pretty easy to follow.

1) Look up your raiding priority list/opener/rotation on icy veins. Icy Veins isn't infallible, but generally those guides have been written by people who play their classes at a high level.

2) Look up a good raiding guild (mmo champ usually reports on world firsts) and try to find out how someone who plays your class better than you sets up their UI. You don't necessarily have to ape their UI, but hopefully you can find a post where they're discussing why they set it up the way they did.

3) If you can't find a good UI guide, here's a easy breakdown. Find out what is important to your performance (cooldowns, buffs, combo points, etc) and put that information closer to where you normally focus your eyes while you're playing. For instance, my combo points and my important buffs/debuffs are right there around my character model so that I can see whether or not a mob has rupture or I have Slice and Dice or w/e without having to look around for it.

4) Look at your logs. We have logs on Mr. Robot for all of our raids. Look at your buff uptimes. Is there something important that you're forgetting to do? As an example, when I'm playing as combat I need as close to 100% uptime on Slice and Dice as I can get. So I looked at some of the early logs and saw that I wasn't doing that very well. I adjusted some of my UI elements to make my uptime a lot higher and that helped my DPS.

5) Look at logs for other people who play your class. One example of this is you can compare Katchal's healing to Cellophane's (Katchal, don't know if you read this thread, but I'm going to put you on blast). Cellophane is healing like we're playing Warlords of Draenor. Katchal is healing like we're playing Wrath of the Lich King. If you look at the Butcher fight from 2 weeks ago, Katchal is casting Flash of Light almost every chance he can. Cellophane used it like 3 or 4 times. Katchal ran out of mana about 2/3rds through the fight. Cellophane didn't... Flash of Light is no longer the filler spell for most classes. Blizz has made it to where longer cast spells are way more mana efficient, etc. I don't bring this up to just blast Katchal, who I don't know and I'm sure is an OK dude (or dudette), but when you encounter a disparity in your performance with the performance of other people, looking at WHAT THEY ARE DOING DIFFERENT can help you play better.

6) Ask questions! Curiosity about your class/spec and your potential/actual performance is the first step to improving.

notmetalenough on
    Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
  • LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    We should probably get some kind of website rolling again.

The logs are easy to get to for those of us in the facebook group, but for the folks who aren't we should probably have a place where they can easily get at those log links too.

Also I miss doing ridic boss kill posts.

LeftOnRed wrote: »
    We should probably get some kind of website rolling again.

The logs are easy to get to for those of us in the facebook group, but for the folks who aren't we should probably have a place where they can easily get at those log links too.

Also I miss doing ridic boss kill posts.

Mr. Robot will show you all the logs your character was present for.

Samael the Radiant Faced-- Official Naming, Going Nuclear, Click on the Quest, Make She Run and Guild Measurements Officer - Clawshrimp & Co, Draenor-US
    Oh that's pretty cool. I need to save a link for those world of logs ones though because that replay feature is really slick.

Need to redo all my keys or build some [shift] and [alt] modifiers, I have potions on me every fight and I never remember to use the damn things, although I do use those shieldtronic things....especially since I made a zillion with my priest while levelling eng.

So how do you decide which garrison quests to do? Do I do the rare ones? Or the ones that I have the best success rate in? Or for coins? Or XP? I'm confused.

So how do you decide which garrison quests to do? Do I do the rare ones? Or the ones that I have the best success rate in? Or for coins? Or XP? I'm confused.

I usually just do all the ones I have a 100% chance of winning, but I also have 25 active followers who are fully leveled up at this point. I don't really remember my strategy from back when I was leveling up.

So at the start, is it best to focus on the xp missions to level my followers up?

Yeah, leveling them up gets you higher level missions, and higher level missions get you better rewards. Also, getting a salvage yard is a handy way to get upgrades for your followers once they hit level 100. Followers bring back salvage crates, you open them up on your salvage yard, and occasionally you'll get a follower upgrade. I don't think it happens in the level 1 salvage yard, but definitely in the level 2 and 3 building. Not sure if any of us told you about that with garrison stuff.

Levelling up, I do any mission over 80% Make sure you download the Master Plan addon, it will really help.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Yeah, leveling them up gets you higher level missions, and higher level missions get you better rewards. Also, getting a salvage yard is a handy way to get upgrades for your followers once they hit level 100. Followers bring back salvage crates, you open them up on your salvage yard, and occasionally you'll get a follower upgrade. I don't think it happens in the level 1 salvage yard, but definitely in the level 2 and 3 building. Not sure if any of us told you about that with garrison stuff.

I've also gotten 2 665 boes from salvage yard crates.

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Yeah, that too! I got two in one day once.
    (That's also the only time I got any BoEs from salvage, but I'll take it!)

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Yeah, that too! I got two in one day once.
    (That's also the only time I got any BoEs from salvage, but I'll take it!)

I call it the money yard.

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    So at the start, is it best to focus on the xp missions to level my followers up?

Garrison Mission Manager and Master Plan addons are a must if you're at all interested in the follower stuff. Those two addons add so much info to the UI that you can see at a glance that it's almost a completely different feature.

As far as strategy goes, I generally do this: raid reward missions, then any that give my followers the biggest XP returns, then the highest gold returns, then follower upgrade rewards, then item rewards, then garrison resources rewards, and finally whatever's left to clear out the mission log if it's filled up with a bunch of low xp ones. It still takes time to level up a whole army, but once you get over half of your guys to Epic quality and over 630, you can quickly power level the rest.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • MarlowMarlow Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Hey folks! My guild (mostly PA people) and I are running normals on Saturday nights (EST) and would be happy to bring some Clawshrimps along. Or non-clawshrimps. Honestly, we'd rather have fellow PA folks with us than pulling from the hit or miss goose pile that is i-queue. If you're interested, come and post about who you'd like to bring in our thread.

Marlow on
    Thanks! Not sure if I could personally make it, but I'll keep it in mind.

• RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Okay, I finally bit the bullet. Got a prepaid card and am bringing my two good characters over to Draenor. Hopefully the girlfriend will be switching factions and joining as well. I'll look up a Clawshrimp when I can.

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yesterday was fun, I was glad to see that boss die.

I really need about 20 ilvls, I'm consistently healing around half as much as some of you guys

PSN: thewheelz
    So, of our new folks who are just now rolling up to level cap, are any of you interested in getting in on raiding? And if so, what's a night that works well for people to do an off-night catch up run?

Our normal raid times are 8PM EST on Wednesday and 5PM EST on Sunday, but for getting folks geared up and ready to jump into the main runs we were thinking about doing an off-night run to get some some gear in the hands of folks that need it instead of just sending people off to the crapshoot that is the group finder/LFR. With the right makeup we could probably blast through the first 5-6 bosses of highmaul in like 90 minutes.

So yeah....thoughts?

I am willing to go on w/e character I can be the most help on. If we have enough carry, I will soon want to raid on my brewmaster so could do that too.

• GoGoZeppelli!GoGoZeppelli! Registered User new member
    I'm willing to go either on an alt or help carry the heals on Beartato. I don't care bout which night we do it, I'm down for whatever.

I wouldn't mind some mindless dps or maybe letting people die as the disc priest

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I would be interested in joining some raids. I have a 100 warlock (Cryllus) and a 100 monk (Korrano). My warlock has a Silver DPS from Proving Grounds, but my monk doesn't have anything yet from Proving Grounds. I can raid on alternating Sundays, and most Wednesdays. I am a single parent to a 4 year old, so I am at risk for getting distracted.

I would like to try some tanking for the first time on my monk. I've been studying Icy Vein's monk guide, but I would like to test it out with a non-PUG group.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    I have a fresh 100 WW monk (Peijian) in the guild. I'd love to get in on any organized gear runs for newbies. I'm fairly open in the evening starting from 5:00 or 6:00 server time. Weekends are usually good for me too, especially Sunday.

steam_sig.png
  • ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    I have a MW monk that i'd love to try healing casual raids on. My schedule is pretty brutal with work and school but if the stars align perfectly i'm totes down for some green mist love spreadin'.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601