As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie Games: They're like video games, but smaller!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    God I wish that game had online

Let me arrow mans online

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I think I'm on the precipice of another deep, deep Spelunky hole, and god help me, I am going to jump in.

you landed on spikes and now you're dead

if last night's miracle run is anything to go by he's actually gonna land on top of an angry shopkeeper, steal his shotgun, put the shotgun down, have the shopkeeper throw him towards the spikes and then shoot at john ham, and then john ham walks out of the level unscathed

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    john ham put the shotgun down next to the level exit because he didn't want to be held down by the burdens of the past; the only way to escape the nightmares of hell is to embrace change and accept what may

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    hitbox cut that stream up weird but I'm definitely going to scrub the archive to find the time I put down the shotgun.

signature.png

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I played it.

I am pretty willing to just say that I did not get it at all.

• Options
    I don't know if you're supposed to get it, or if there's something to get, per se. I spent most of the time enjoying the imagery/sounds and thinking about what kind of weird camera rig they must have used to capture that video.

signature.png

• Options
    The camera work was pretty interesting, yeah.

I wish I had a little more control over making musical notes? I couldn't really get much of a song going.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    that was a neat little thing

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    that was kinda dumb

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Every now and then I got a really cool sequence of tones out of it, but it definitely didn't let you linger on that stuff and fool around indefinitely.

signature.png

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It seemed entirely stupid and pointless. Are walk and run meant to do anything?

• Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Also the furry community seems to have latched on to it.

But doesn't the game present being put into a animal suit as being a bad thing?

don't turn safesearch off
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I played glitchhikers last night. It was neat! Though I feel like maybe it could have been more fleshed out or more fully realized somehow. Still, a novel experience overall, which is always nice.

i recommend THE RAPTURE IS HERE AND YOU WILL BE FORCIBLY REMOVED FROM YOUR HOME

@I needed a gnome to post.

Just finished playing THE RAPTURE IS HERE AND YOU WILL BE FORCIBLY REMOVED FROM YOUR HOME and ultimately I think I feel similarly about it as I felt about Glitchhikers. It's an interesting idea. I hope they go on to make more things, but, both of the efforts felt very sophmoric. They are love letters to the creators interests but they have not yet found their own voice. That all the dialog in TRIHAYWBFRFYH is straight lifted from Lovecraft was a disappointment. I knew what was going to be said before it was said. Compound that with poor voice work (especially compared to the Lovecraft audio books I enjoyed last summer), poor recording quality, and bad sound mixing and the delivery ended up being very flat, and sometimes incomprehensible.

I hope the people behind both games keep making games and find what they, themselves, want to say, instead of just re-contextualizing something someone else has already said.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm gonna play more Spelunky

http://www.hitbox.tv/johnham

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    Like seriously learn how to pronounce bas-relief if you are going to be reading a script that has it as a word.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Imagine a game where you are scored on your apology.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

I am incapable of apologizing

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

And so you would also be incapable of scoring.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Turns out you win

It was a trick all along

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I don't know if he mentions them in that video, but Peter Molyneux has some pretty solid critiques against kickstarter. There is definitely a pressure to promise more than you're capable of delivering to reach the goal. After all, you get absolutely nothing whatsoever if you're even a single dollar short.

It isn't really an excuse, but it makes sense as a criticism.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I don't know if he mentions them in that video, but Peter Molyneux has some pretty solid critiques against kickstarter. There is definitely a pressure to promise more than you're capable of delivering to reach the goal. After all, you get absolutely nothing whatsoever if you're even a single dollar short.

If only Peter Molyneux hadn't had an extremely long and well-documented history of promising more than he was capable of delivering before he ever tried crowdfunding, maybe it would ring less hollow.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

If only Peter Molyneux hadn't had an extremely long and well-documented history of promising more than he was capable of delivering before he ever tried crowdfunding, maybe it would ring less hollow.

He was just doing what he's good at

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    peter molyneux is such a joke and I have no idea why he continually gets more chances

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    so godus, not a must-buy then

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Langly wrote: »
    peter molyneux is such a joke and I have no idea why he continually gets more chances

Because no matter what someone's track record is, if they're good enough at pitching and spinning there will be people who are naive/idealistic enough to go "maybe this time it'll work."

And, honestly, Peter Molyneux's track record, from a sales perspective, is probably looking pretty alright. I am sure most, if not all, of his games have made a profit.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    so godus, not a must-buy then

Nope. Like I said earlier it's a shame because it's so pretty that I desperately want it to be good and worth playing.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

It only rings hollow as an excuse. I think it's totally solid and believable as a criticism of the service, and measures up properly to what we've seen from a lot of funded kickstarters.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh swatters are shitty teenagers

W h a t a s u p r i s e

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

It's sad that they can only get five years.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

i wonder if there had been injuries/deaths if that would add charges

• Options

Remember that (at least in theory) the penal system is for reform as well as punishment. Better to hope that the person will come out of this as a better, productive member of society than to wish ruin upon him and all his ilk for eternity.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

i wonder if there had been injuries/deaths if that would add charges

at that point it would be on the cops right? but I wouldn't be that surprised if they tried to pass it on to him

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My opinion is that someone who called in a fatal swatting should get charged with being an accessory to murder at the absolute minimum

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    who else has been playing Apotheon?

that is a good game that is yes'm. I found a chest that makes the game crash every time I open it, though

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    who else has been playing Apotheon?

that is a good game that is yes'm. I found a chest that makes the game crash every time I open it, though

I think that might have something to do with the stack size of certain items. If there's some projectiles in there, try firing off a few before you pick up the ones in the chest. Of course, it might have nothing to do with that at all. That game just crashes a lot.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Enjoy this free Molyneux game http://ekanaut.com/molyorange/

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
This discussion has been closed.