As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Superhero Thread (Trial Pending) [Superheroes]

LanglyLangly Registered User regular
edited February 2015 in Social Entropy++
APqpsIf.jpg

SPIDER DASH MAN IS GOING TO BE IN THE MCU!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Also, Secret Wars is a thing that is happening.

dwiiziwlvdsb.jpg

This summer, all of Marvel's books will take part in SECRET WARS, where reality as we know it is destroyed and all that is left is BATTLEWORLD.

ALSO SPIDER-MAN 2017 GET HYPE

Langly on

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Call me when there's a Spiders Man movie and not a minute sooner

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Welcome to Battleworld, Home of the Battleworld , May We Take your Order?

That poor comma is seperated from the words! He's so cold and lonely! How could you do this Langly? How could you?

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    look, i did this on my phone!

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So there's a lot of Avengers: Age of Ultron promo art and materials floating around

and Vision is on a ton of them and with the Avengers

meanwhile Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are nowhere to be found

huh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    look, i did this on my phone!

for some reason i read this not as an excuse, but with all the earnestness of a child bounding through the front door after a school day

like you are shoving your phone with this thread open in your son's face

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    px1kvcfp35e3.jpg

EARTH X WAS REALLY GOOD YOU GUYS

Earth-X was pretty dang good!

Everything after involving the world was poop

CYpGAPn.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

it's no jason x

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So there's a lot of Avengers: Age of Ultron promo art and materials floating around

huh

My guess would be that Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver turn comes at the end, like Hawkeye, while Vision is a b-plot that joins the team fairly early.

huh

My guess would be that Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver turn comes at the end, like Hawkeye, while Vision is a b-plot that joins the team fairly early.
    Yeah but Hawkeye was all over Avengers promo art

and they haven't hid the fact that Wanda and Pietro start out as bad guys but will team-up eventually

CYpGAPn.png

it's no jason x
    Completely agreed but what is, really

List of best things that end with x in their name

1 Jason x
    2 earth x
    3 Stacy x

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    get me pictures of the contract for the the spider-man ip

PNk1Ml4.png

huh

and they haven't hid the fact that Wanda and Pietro start out as bad guys but will team-up eventually

I think that might be a lesson in expectations that they had with Hawkeye.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Malcolm X

PSN- AHermano
    the best of the X-men

PSN- AHermano

it's no jason x

1 Jason x
    2 earth x
    3 Stacy x

agreed, agreed, followed by

4 d-generation x
    5 mega man x

i mean this is all chiseled on stone tablets suspended above my bed but it's good to reiterate

f2ojmwh3geue.png

huh

I think that might be a lesson in expectations that they had with Hawkeye.
    Could be

but there is also a whole bunch of Ultron promo art, it isn't all Avengers or heroic stuff

their almost total absence is just weird

like there's a series of character posters that just came out and everyone has one (Vision actually has two and even Nick Fury has one) but no Wanda or Pietro

CYpGAPn.png
    that's weird.

D-generation X were so fucking cool

PSN- AHermano
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Adam X

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Wait so in all of this I'm a little confused.

Sony cancelled ASM3 but is still going forward, apparently, with Sinister Six, Venom, and Female Spider-Man.

So what about Spidey 2017? Is it made by Sony or by Marvel? Is it part of the MCU?

sig.gif
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Okay so after thinking about it for roughly 20 hours minus the four hours of sleep I got, I think my pick for Peter Parker is Logan Lerman

SimBen wrote: »

Sony cancelled ASM3 but is still going forward, apparently, with Sinister Six, Venom, and Female Spider-Man.

So what about Spidey 2017? Is it made by Sony or by Marvel? Is it part of the MCU?
    It is being made by Sony, but with some creative input by Marvel and will be part of the MCU.

Sony is reportedly developing the spin-offs still but chances are they fall apart

CYpGAPn.png
    maybe wanda and pietro were traded to sony for this spiederman deal

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    has sony officially cancelled the amazing spider-man 4

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Adam X

I mean, he was the X-Treme, how can you get any best-er than that?

Okay so after thinking about it for roughly 20 hours minus the four hours of sleep I got, I think my pick for Peter Parker is Logan Lerman
    Hollywood Reporter says they're looking for a "much younger" Peter Parker

dude is 23 but would be 25 by the time the movie came out and Garfield was 28 when ASM came out

so probably not gonna be him

CYpGAPn.png
    edited February 2015

it's no jason x

1 Jason x
    2 earth x
    3 Stacy x

You forgot Mega Man, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy, Malcolm, Mr., Generation and Charlie.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

dude is 23 but would be 25 by the time the movie came out and Garfield was 28 when ASM came out

that's super young for hollywood stuff

I think 25 would be perfectly fine to play a teenager

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

What's the kid from Enders Game up to these days? He's probably in the age range they are looking for.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    From what I understand

Marvel gets to say "hey here is how you should do Spidey (and his supporting characters)"

Sony gets to go "ok that sounds cool, that should work [RUBBERSTAMP]"

Marvel then puts Spidey in a supporting capacity in one or many of their movies

Sony then produces a movie (series) with that same Spidey in the lead, with occasional references/cameos to various MCU entities

Both companies keep the money generated from their separate ventures

Joolander on
    i vote dylan o'brien for new spiederman

f2ojmwh3geue.png

that's super young for hollywood stuff

I think 25 would be perfectly fine to play a teenager
    I'm not saying it isn't

but if they're looking for a "much younger" Peter Parker I don't think they mean getting a 25 year old instead of a 28 year old

CYpGAPn.png
    SimBen wrote: »

It is being made by Sony, but with some creative input by Marvel and will be part of the MCU.

Sony is reportedly developing the spin-offs still but chances are they fall apart

Okay thanks!

I think I started the day off assuming Marvel was making that movie but then learned that wasn't the case and things stopped making sense somewhere along the way.

sig.gif
    Joolander wrote: »
    From what I understand

Marvel gets to say "hey here is how you should do Spidey (and his supporting characters)"

Sony gets to go "ok that sounds cool, that should work [RUBBERSTAMP]"

Marvel then puts Spidey in a supporting capacity in one or many of their movies

Sony then produces a movie (series) with that same Spidey in the lead, with occasional references/cameos to various MCU entities

Both companies keep the money generated from their separate ventures

yes I think this is basically it. The stand-alone movie will be "MCU," but not like, really. It is technically in the same universe but I don't think it will be as connected as the others.

Jeremy Suarez

PNk1Ml4.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I shared the news about this on my Facebook and mentioned it kinda sucks that Cap. Marvel and Black Panther are getting pushed back in favour of something we've already seen before, and the uni newspaper's (that I work for) opinions editor wants me to write an oped about it?

I'm not sure what I'm gonna say other than "gee dangit it sucks that the first female and POC-fronted superhero films are getting pushed back!" But I'll whip something up.

You know, Civil War is probably gonna start shooting pretty soon

we should hear who's been cast as Spider-Man like pretty soon.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.