As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Snowgorok 2015: The Iceman Cometh (Baby it's cold outside)

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Minnesota has been pretty snow free in comparison this winter thank god. Nothing close to last year.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Minnesota has been pretty snow free in comparison this winter thank god. Nothing close to last year.

Just wait until April

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Just wait until April

you shut your mouth

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    The head of the MBTA, the transit service of the Boston area, has resigned.

• JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    To be fair, there were a lot of people who wanted that to happen for a long time. MBTA has got some probs.

signature.png

• TefTef Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Weather thread, it is far too hot out here. This was yesterday:
    81417514-F0C3-4966-ACC7-9150C34F3553.jpg
    That is centigrade

At 11am

In the shade

It's going to be hotter today

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It's supposed to be really cold this weekend.

Was pretty warm last weekend.

I really wish spring would come already.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Drove into work with relative ease. Most of the area between my home and work (a 35 mile commute) got somewhere around 2" of snow overnight. Now it's whiteout conditions here, normally I can see Lake Michigan from my office window, probably a quarter of a mile away. Right now I can't even see the trees in the yard directly below the window.

• cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Syracuse has gotten the same amount of snow as Boston this year, and it's been considered mild by almost everyone around here.

Except super cold.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure why I waited this long to start using my woodstove this winter

basement status: toasty

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Uhhg

IT's supposed to get super cold tonight.

Welp hope my new heat tape keeps my pipes from freezing.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    The county my girlfriend lives in (5ish miles away) is under a travel ban, both of our counties are under blizzard warnings, and I94 is closed in my county. It is pretty nasty out due to the wind. We haven't even gotten that much snow, just a couple of inches at most, but it's a near constant whiteout due to 40+mph winds.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    so how 'bout that global waras;ldgf;asdp;'ogjGASGADFSHDSM

broken image link
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    so how 'bout that global waras;ldgf;asdp;'ogjGASGADFSHDSM

the sound of fuzz drowning in the melting polar ice caps

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    My house is right next to a large field so the snow gets blown over the house and then it falls. Directly on my car. The drifts there are like 8 feet high

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    it's currently -4 degrees with a wind chill of -31. apparently it's even colder in michigan

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    it's currently -4 degrees with a wind chill of -31. apparently it's even colder in michigan

Can confirm.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    It's pretty bad north of Boston. It's going to stop snowing this morning, but winds are going to be strong until tomorrow.

I don't know where all this snow can go! I also wonder if the commuter rail will be working by Tuesday.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    It's pretty bad north of Boston. It's going to stop snowing this morning, but winds are going to be strong until tomorrow.

I don't know where all this snow can go! I also wonder if the commuter rail will be working by Tuesday.

Last I heard they were dumping snow into Boston harbor.

Kinda clichéd, but whatevs.

I say load the snow into train cars and ship it out to California.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Fucking Maryland finally going to get a decent amount of snow maybe. Very excite.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so, 20-30cms of snow, changing to rain and ice pellets, with a flash freeze forecast for this afternoon = just lifting my arms is a noticeable effort now after shovelling a whole mess of heavy snow and slush out of my driveway before it solidified

edited February 2015
    QBEEHEy.png

yaaaaay

thank god the winter storm warning is over, mirite?

UnbrokenEva on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    We got less than a foot, but the wind is blowing it around and undoing all my shoveling. Storm warning still in effect because of the wind.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    It didn't really snow much here but it is so cold. And this wind is insane.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    http://youtu.be/PdRWGMyeSYY
    I do enjoy watching Weather Madman Jim Cantore at work.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »

Last I heard they were dumping snow into Boston harbor.

Kinda clichéd, but whatevs.

I say load the snow into train cars and ship it out to California.

Yes, please! It was a ridiculous 80 degrees at the beach yesterday. Where is our winter?!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    You can have my winter.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    And my axe

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Whee, city's under 2.4 astronomical units of slush that's going to turn into solid ice overnight, as Fearghaill noted.

The plow clearing my cul-de-sac got stuck for twenty minutes this afternoon, which is better than all of those dolts who went out for a drive today only to find out that their cars get unhappy when driving through knee-deep slush..

• ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    I do enjoy watching Weather Madman Jim Cantore at work.

That right there?

That is a man who knows what he wants in life, and who knows he is receiving it.

It is officially cold. I turned the heat on and everything.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    -25c/-13f outside as I wait for my flight to California

:cool:

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Fucking Maryland finally going to get a decent amount of snow maybe. Very excite.

If you meant last night, it was a pleasant surprise walking home from work and a nasty surprise this morning when it all froze

VRXwDW7.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    This was my bedroom window this morning
    20150215_081003%20-%20Copy.jpg
    via my shitty phone camera that doesn't have the detail to support how big the pictures it produces are.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

If you meant last night, it was a pleasant surprise walking home from work and a nasty surprise this morning when it all froze

Areas around Baltimore should be getting 5ish inches of snow Monday night.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    We should be in the high fifties this upcoming week in Washington.

But outside, it really feels like we're in late April weather.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Areas around Baltimore should be getting 5ish inches of snow Monday night.

Oh, I work at night tomorrow

Fantastic!

VRXwDW7.png
    My wife too!

Sucks for y'all!

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    My classes keep getting cancelled because of these storms, so my school schedule is all messed up and it feels like I'm hardly ever there

vEaRQgH.png
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    It was like 50 degrees yesterday

80 today

:|