As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] I can't believe it's you! Posting here! Next to me!

19596979899101»

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Best non-troll use of AFT "make anyone a follower" ability: Was doing the Morthal quest and feeling rather low level to take on the vampire nest alone, and I'm like... hey there are 4 Dawnguard guys just hanging out in Morthal, they can get off their lazy asses and help me. And so they did!

The other option on that same quest would be to forcibly recruit all those townies who follow you to the cave and then chicken out at the last minute. Probably wouldn't be quite as successful a maneuver, but far more hilarious.

Also, I tried playing a bit with that ERSO mod I mentioned earlier, and I'm already done with it. Bleh! It has some nice things about it, and honestly I could probably use parts of it along with my usual SPERG setup, but I was so frustrated I uninstalled the whole thing and just don't feel like screwing with it anymore.

Also also, is someone going to make a new thread?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Time for new thread, yes.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    So I was doing Volskygge and for some reason the game spawned the boss as a level 45 dragur deathlord with 1400 health.

I am level 10.

uesp says the minimum level of the dungeon is 21. I was so annoyed clearing the whole dungeon (already did the dragon priest who is outside on top of the dungeon by climbing up with my horse) only to hit this brick wall of a boss.

I finally just de-leveled the boss down to level 20 with the console and fought him like that (still a tough fight).

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    When something like that happens, I'll usually just turn on god mode. I have no patience for a sudden difficulty spike like that.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    When something like that happens, I'll usually just turn on god mode. I have no patience for a sudden difficulty spike like that.

I knew I was in over my head in that dungeon, but no dungeon has a level minimum of 45. The boss spawned at what I presume is max level instead of the minimum level for some reason. I don't think I've ever had that happen before. None of the other leveled mobs in the dungeon spawned that way, in fact, most of them were right at my level. I expected the boss to be level 21, which is the stated level minimum on uesp, and I had brought potions and prepared for a tough fight against a level 21 boss.

Instead I got one-shotted by him and I was just like "wut".

-edit-

Also I'm glad I cheated because that boss chest was most certainly not a level 45 boss chest. It had a pair of unenchanted steel gauntlets and 40 gold in it.

Seriously.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    The real treasure was inside you all along!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

That boss was only trying to help, by cutting him open to get it out faster.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I just realized that I can farm dragon souls and turn them into skill points,

and that dragon chests reboot every once in a while

and that giants are piniatas of tresure.

Still debating using some lovers lab content or something beyond the Nexus, but this character is pretty fun and I don't mind anything at all.

But Oblivion, yeah, as soon as skyrim and its mods are purged, that piggy is gonna squeal.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

The real treasure was growing back at my hearthfire house in the garden. Now I am so rich.

• Options
    I wonder if I should try stuff from the japanese sites?
    yCG3pIF.png
    SFW
    MEN! WE ARE RELEARNING JAPANESE AND EXPLORING THE JAPANESE SITES!

• Options
    286848-skyrim.jpg

"I used to be a... never mind."

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

Still debating using some lovers lab content or something beyond the Nexus, but this character is pretty fun and I don't mind anything at all.
    WHY WOULD YOU DEBATE THIS?! The answer should always be NO

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I wonder if I should try stuff from the japanese sites?
    yCG3pIF.png
    SFW
    MEN! WE ARE RELEARNING JAPANESE AND EXPLORING THE JAPANESE SITES!

Where does that weapon even begin

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    What's funny is that I just learned of a lovers lab ryona mod for oblivion thats for an older version of its best combat mod, but is pretty the exact same, I mean almost exact same bloody content in vanilla skyrim and deadly mutilation. No real reason for it to be called a ryona mod or be on LL.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I know Bethesda has never been a great example of game balance but Tribunal is pretty messed up.

• Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    I know Bethesda has never been a great example of game balance but Tribunal is pretty messed up.

Yeah.....I can't really member doing much there. For such an epic city, the nord in the corner (made funnier by the nude mods I was running) and that one lovely chap (fuck all wood elves), nothing was that memorable in the city besides the dungeons.

• Options
    The Tale of Gaenor the Lucky
    During the Nerevarine's time in the city of Mournhold, he met a young Wood Elf named Gaenor. Gaenor fancied himself an adventurer and was about to set out into the wilderness, and begged the Nerevarine for a boon. Any man's charity has limits, however, and as the Bosmer's demands grew ever more insistent and unreasonable, the Nerevarine was at last forced to refuse him. Enraged - for it is well known that Bosmer are the least civilized of all mer, eating the flesh of their own kind among other savage customs - Gaenor rebuked the Nerevarine and departed.

Now, while most mortals have good luck and bad in equal measure, there are those rare few who only seem to possess one kind; for them, good luck follows good or bad follows bad. Gaenor was one of these, and not the miserable sort either: he was already known to some as "Gaenor the Lucky". His meeting with the Nerevarine might have been another blessing, if not for his pride... but his good fortune had already begun to twist his thoughts, making him expect such as his due.

After only a week of delving into caves, tombs and dwemer ruins, Gaenor had found a fair pile of treasure. He plowed most of this right back into improving his luck even further, buying every ring, amulet, or other charm he could find. At the end of a month, he fairly glowed with enchantment and seemed invincible: neither blade nor spell could touch him, foes blundered into each other or tripped over their own feet, and ancient dwemer guardians chose that moment to break down and fall apart. Bags of coin and other valuables turned up in chests, urns, or even landed right in his lap. Gaenor decided that it was time to repay all those who had wronged him, starting with the Nerevarine himself.

But the Nerevarine had received a prophetic vision of their next encounter, and had made preparations of his own. Through cunning alchemy, he had brewed a large batch of potions to fortify his luck; when taken all together, they would lift it to the same dizzying heights as Gaenor's, and even beyond.

On the fated morning, Gaenor - now clad head to toe in shining ebony armor - saw the Nerevarine across one of Mournhold's plazas and charged, howling Bosmer curses. The Nerevarine, who had quaffed his potions only minutes before, calmly drew his own weapon and stood ready. When they met and struck at each other, there was an eye-twisting moment of discontinuity - much like some accounts of the Miracle of Peace, also known as "The Warp in the West" - and then Gaenor simply exploded, pieces of his armor flying in every direction. His helmet rolled to a stop at the Nerevarine's feet.

So it was that Gaenor the Lucky finally met his match, and he and his good luck both came to an end.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    On one had there's the goblins that tear through my Adamantium armor like tissue paper, the lady with the insta-win AOE paralyze arrows, and the room of skeleton summoners whose summons do nothing but drain strength and endurance.

On the other it has broken the economy to a comical level, I have 63k gold and I'm maybe halfway through the main quests.

• Options
    I don't think anyone is jumping up to make the new thread, but our activity level and the fact that we still have new people discovering Skyrim attests to the fact that a Skyrim thread is useful and relevant to the forum as a whole, so unless anyone objects I'm going to make a new thread here shortly.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    One thing I've been wondering is there a way to easily tell which texture mod is actually being is displayed by using the console or something?

I have a few textures that look actively bad but with like 10 mods that install textures its hard to tell who's the offender