As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2015 Steins - EXTRAS ON SALE

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Glad I decided to log in today. Just got my order in!

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    And with it being the evening of February 1st, the ordering has come to a close. I will provide further details to everything tomorrow, and begin performing official business with our vendor.

Stay tuned for information regarding the order status, meet up points, etc.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    The order has been placed. I still have about 12 of you to send confirmations to, so if you have not received a confirmation, you will so by the end of today. I should be receiving the prepped artwork from their art division within 48 hours to review. Once that is completed, they'll begin working on the order.

The estimated delivery date is 02.23, if everything goes as scheduled.

I received orders for 126 units. I placed an order for 136, which is a little more than I received, but those 10 extras will cover any random breaks/chips. If everything arrives unscathed, those 10 units will be sold to anyone else who wants one. I've be reassured that their packaging methods are very safe and secure, so they do not expect any damages.

Each unit will have a label, sticker, or tag attached to it with the vendor's name on it. I have been told that they can be easily removed.

• Options
    If anyone has any recommendations for places to meet each day of PAX for about an hour, feel free to let me know. I'll be scouting out some pubs and contacting their management to make sure they're cool with using their space to distribute steins; it's business for them, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

@rtm416 Do you know if the Westin would have any problem with distributing steins at the Pre-PAX Game Night?

• Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    If anyone has any recommendations for places to meet each day of PAX for about an hour, feel free to let me know. I'll be scouting out some pubs and contacting their management to make sure they're cool with using their space to distribute steins; it's business for them, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

@rtm416 Do you know if the Westin would have any problem with distributing steins at the Pre-PAX Game Night?

I would have no problem on game night (I'll be there around 2-3 PM), past that you would probably be OK in the lobby if you were doing it yourself.

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Seeing as everyone is here for PAX, and lugging that many steins around Boston will be a PITA, it might not be a bad idea to see if there's someone at the Westin who wouldn't mind a cart in their room of the boxes of steins, and just roll that out at set times each day. Just my thought on making this easy on you - by all means, do as you see fit :)

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular

The last run of steins however many years ago that was, distribution was done during Pre-PAX game night. If I remember right I think I got the stein and and forum badge at the same time. Believe it was either @gigabrain or @punzie who'd helped me out...potentially both.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    vttym wrote: »
    Seeing as everyone is here for PAX, and lugging that many steins around Boston will be a PITA, it might not be a bad idea to see if there's someone at the Westin who wouldn't mind a cart in their room of the boxes of steins, and just roll that out at set times each day. Just my thought on making this easy on you - by all means, do as you see fit :)

I have a room at the Westin Thursday thru Saturday night. If you need a spot to stash the steins, I'd be happy to offer my closet or more depending on space needed.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I missed the order deadline but definitely want some. Is there a waiting list for extras yet? Or is just a first-come first-served thing if there happen to be any extras?

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Any chance for some possible distribution at the pre PAX dinner? Not sure who might be going to that.

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular

That's exactly what I did when I distributed them a couple years ago. All meet ups were on the mezzanine of the Westin (the same place gamenight is).

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I missed the order deadline but definitely want some. Is there a waiting list for extras yet? Or is just a first-come first-served thing if there happen to be any extras?
    To be honest, I would prefer a waiting list over just hoping people purchase the extras. If you want to be placed on the waiting list, send me a PM. The extras are initially for replacements should any unit be found damaged. If all goes well, we'll have 10 extras.

I have a room at the Westin Thursday thru Saturday night. If you need a spot to stash the steins, I'd be happy to offer my closet or more depending on space needed.
    That would be absolutely fantastic. It is my hopes that the majority of the shipment will be handed out by Pre-PAX Game Night. Some people have asked to get theirs earlier, which I have no problem doing. I will definitely try to be as little of a burden on others as possible.
    Any chance for some possible distribution at the pre PAX dinner? Not sure who might be going to that.
    I do not attend the Pre-PAX Dinner, but I believe the group is eating at a place in Faneuil Hall, correct? If anyone in that group would like their steins for the event, I have no problem having someone pick them up from me prior to the dinner and distribute them there.

As PAX is a religious event for us, I try to focus on my job and spending time with my boy prior to PAX, so I can't run all over the place trying to hand these out. If you are willing to swing by my work (near South Station), I can accommodate you.
    punzie wrote: »

That's exactly what I did when I distributed them a couple years ago. All meet ups were on the mezzanine of the Westin (the same place gamenight is).
    This is not a bad idea. It would make things much easier. I know there are a couple of pubs in the hotel that might be willing to let us distribute in there as well. One of them (the comedy club) last year had a few NES and Xbox Ones. They were dead for the most part so maybe they'd up for some company.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    BashinterothBashinteroth NYCRegistered User regular
    One of them (the comedy club) last year had a few NES and Xbox Ones. They were dead for the most part so maybe they'd up for some company.

or some business; put the new stein through the rounds perhaps. Fill it with none other than Sam Adams

• Options
    Yeah, the PPD is around there, I will be getting in just prior. Depending on how far a walk I can stop by to get as many as I can carry on my way.

• Options
    I have approved the final design for the steins. With that done, they'll start the process. Estimated delivery date is February 23rd.
    Yeah, the PPD is around there, I will be getting in just prior. Depending on how far a walk I can stop by to get as many as I can carry on my way.
    I'm not going to lie: it's kind of a walk if you are carrying a bunch of stuff. I do it once a week at least for work, so I'd say it's about 10 minutes at a good pace. I guess it all depends on how many steins you'd be carrying.

• Options
    Ah ok lol, probably not a good idea then.

• Options
    Well, I don't have much to update on here, but wanted to post what I have just so that some progress is displayed.

The order status has move to decal printing, which means their soon going to be printing on the steins. Once that is complete, I expect them to prep for shipping.

Going off what everyone else has said, I'm thinking all meetup points will be in the Westin lobby. I'd like to wait to see the official PAX schedules before throwing out times.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    It's been almost a week, so here's another tidbit of information that we can call an update.

The current status of the order is "Decorating."

Decorate (v): make (something) look more attractive by adding extra items or images to it
    I'm going to assume this means that they are actively placing the images onto the tankards. Either that or we all get cute little bows around each handle. Whichever, this appears to be the final stage of production.

Shipping & Arrival:
    Here is the good news: the company is based in Florida. Why is that good? Because they haven't had to deal with all of the snow shenanigans we have had to endure up here in New England. They still show the delivery date to be February 23rd, and that has not changed since the art was confirmed. That being said, I should have a plethora of boxes filled with 136 PAX Steins in 8 days. Even if there is a delay in shipment, it still would give us a 10-day leeway.

Enjoy the clip and I'll post back when I see that the items have shipped.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I spoke with customer service today and was assured that the units would ship out today. I just checked the status and it has officially changed to Shipping!

While initially the delivery date was 02.23, there is no way that they are going to arrive by then, which is what led to me calling their customer service. Since the order is shipping out today, the steins are set to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. That being said, expect a rare picture of a real, live (kinda) PAX Stein on either of those days.

Thank you everyone for participating and being patient. My passes arrived yesterday, my PAX coins arrived before those, and now it's just the 136 steins which I'm sweating bullets over. I am so close to finally relaxing, lol.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    that's awesome news! We're still waiting on badges, but we're almost there!!

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Zeroedge78Zeroedge78 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Anymore details on hand out times other then Thursday evenings meet up? Is it just going to be on mezzanine, or any other spots? or have you had a chance to figure it out yet? No pressure just curious :)

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I just want to state for the record...I can't wait to drink beer out of these things.

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    Zeroedge78 wrote: »
    Anymore details on hand out times other then Thursday evenings meet up? Is it just going to be on mezzanine, or any other spots? or have you had a chance to figure it out yet? No pressure just curious :)
    I definitely need to get a schedule together for you all. Things have been insane up here with travel times to/from work ranging from 1.5-3.0 hours, so my brain is total mush.

In regards to meetup spots, all will be downstairs in the Westin. I hope to call Boston Laugh to see if they'd be cool with us meeting in there and possibly to allow the usage of these fine steins. I hope to have all meetups in the afternoon, since drinking before noon is frowned upon by silly people or whatever.

I'll be creating another Google form to help me plan and anticipate meetups. It will involve informing when you would prefer to meet up (1st and 2nd choice). I'll try to throw that together today, but I have to catch up with work first; there's not enough coffee to wake me up today, so perhaps I'll just switch to tea.

For any of you who offered your room for storage, I'd be grateful for any help, but do keep in mind that it would require that you meet up with me prior to the meetup point and possibly after. Hopefully the form will limit the need to go back and forth. If all goes well, I'll only need to retrieve x glasses and send none back up. For instance (and this is just an example), let's say there is a meetup time of 2:00 on Saturday where 3 people are meeting me to pick up 7 glasses. I'd meet up with you, grab 7 steins, those people show up, take their 7 steins, and all is right with the world.

If this setup causes too much of an inconvenience (which is totally understandable), I have a fallback plan of storing them at my work. It will just take a bit more time and I'll really need people to try and stick to whatever schedule we set up, because it's a royal pain to walk to my work and bring steins back (definitely in a cab, unless there are like only 1-4 of them).

I apologize for not having a schedule outlined just yet.

• Options
    Zeroedge78Zeroedge78 CanadaRegistered User regular

I apologize for not having a schedule outlined just yet.

No worries sir I appreciate the work you've put into this so far, and I'm sure it'll work out and they will be Awesome :biggrin:

• Options
    edited February 2015
    In case any of you are interested, below is the trip that our beloved steins are taking:

gtsx0c90vxnf.jpg

Side note: don't worry about that car accident in Georgia, because our steins left Richmond, VA this morning.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Because I stressed the need for transparency, I want to include somewhat of an income statement so that everyone knows where the money comes from and how it is being handled. You all have entrusted me with your money and steins, so you deserve to know these things.
    tnbmdsyytniu.jpg

As stated before, the GoFundMe total is higher than the Received total due to the fees that GoFundMe charges for hosting a campaign. The received total so far just indicates the total funds withdrawn from the campaign.

The reason for the -$10.45 is because I ordered 10 more steins to allow us to have a bit of wiggle room; I used the remaining funds and $10.45 of my own to fund the surplus, which is small potatoes (please do not start singing their theme song... god damn it drives me nuts). If the surplus exists, it will be sold and all costs made up. Anything remaining gets donated to Child's Play... minus a ginger ale, because I may need one. It's like liquid crack to me; I can't explain it, but the shit is delicious. Cthulhu forbid that we have no surplus, then I'll just soak up the $10.45 and treat it as a sunk cost; it's not the end of the world, but I'll get my damn ginger ale if it kills me.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    The Stein Pickup Poll is now up. I only ask for one pickup day. I'm fairly confident that people have an idea for when they want to snag their treasure.

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Woah, woah, WOAH. Who says funsies isn't a word? I mean, you're spelling it wrong, but I've made 12dozen [punzie's] funzies this week.

(That's what I call the Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies I make for cookie brigade.)

Oh and I filled out your form.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    voted :)

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    a ginger ale, because I may need one. It's like liquid crack to me; I can't explain it, but the shit is delicious. Cthulhu forbid that we have no surplus, then I'll just soak up the $10.45 and treat it as a sunk cost; it's not the end of the world, but I'll get my damn ginger ale if it kills me.

Oh, you'll get your ginger ale.

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Voted!! 8-)

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »
    Woah, woah, WOAH. Who says funsies isn't a word? I mean, you're spelling it wrong, but I've made 12dozen [punzie's] funzies this week.

(That's what I call the Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies I make for cookie brigade.)

Oh and I filled out your form.
    I'm a terrible speller, sadly. *bows head in defeat*

• Options
    Official Shipping Status as of 10:00 am: Out for Delivery

*hamster hands* So excited!

• Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular
    ... did i pay for mine? I'm sorry add i most track of this.

• Options
    Rappak wrote: »
    ... did i pay for mine? I'm sorry add i most track of this.
    I sent you a PM, friend.

• Options
    MastahtaoMastahtao Registered User new member
    If, God forbid, one of them are damaged, you should use that one as a "tip" stein for last minute donations to Child's Play, as long as it's not too damaged.

• Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, and other mythological creatures (because some of us voted that way) - It is with great pleasure and honor that I present you with the arrival of our
    PAX 2015 Forum Community Steins
    Spoiled for size and surprise. Original brick Game Boy included to show size relation (yes, I still own mine, but the contacts are corroded so it no longer works, sadly)
    ctfk5oohrqsu.jpg
    f1tjemobg7y9.jpg

These things are beasts and have a pretty good weight to them, but not so overbearing. One thing I have noticed is a single white pixel to the upper-right of the crest, but it's not the end of the world. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'll be working to scrape it off over time. In one view, you can actually see it, but you have to look for it.

I am yet to inspect all of the glasses, but they arrived. It took about 10-15 minutes and a conference call with the original freight company to figure out how to get everything into my office because it was loaded onto two full pallets, but we got it working; the driver was super awesome about it.

For those of you who wish to pick yours up prior to Pre-PAX Game Night, I work in the Financial District, so you can swing by and pick your fine tankards up.

The relief I am feeling right now is pretty awesome, and they look sweet, too.

• Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    rtm416 was warned for this.
    I feel this is relevant.
    mod edit: removed img tags from oversized image
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/excited-anna.gif

Edit: Oops, suffice to say I'm quite excited :P

rtm416 on
    SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Wow, they came out great! Can't wait to get mine at somepoint ;) Thanks for all your hard work @Le_Goat

0j92muX.png
  • Options
    If I'll be at the pre PAX dinner I could make it over to the Westin in time right?