As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, February 16, 2015 - Attempted Recidivism

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Monday, February 16, 2015 - Attempted Recidivism

Attempted Recidivism

Attempted Recidivism

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/02/16

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ViRGEViRGE Registered User regular
    Frank!

Now if we could just get Guy in there...

• TAFKAPTAFKAP Warrior-Jumper Registered User regular
    Frank lives!

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tycho's face in panel 2 doesn't seem to match the emotion.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    To be fair, if Nintendo would produce more than like 1,000 of these fucking things for the entirety of America, it would be far less of an issue with the whole pre-ordering thing.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Lies. There have never been three Meta-Knights on a shelf anywhere.

It looks exactly like his expression in panel three. like... "copy/paste" exactly.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

It looks exactly like his expression in panel three. like... "copy/paste" exactly.

The mouth is in a different position and the jaw is flatter in the third panel, but I did have to go back to check.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Well he is shopping for someone else. He never seemed like the character to be overjoyed to do something for someone else. So a meh face feels appropriate for the situation, especially with Tycho's foil of the expressive Gabe.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    YAY FRANK IS BACK!!!

Also +1 for Myst, love that game (although I prefered Riven)

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    This was great and all but I would have loved three panels of Myst like problem solving.

• un_run_r San DiegoRegistered User regular
    This is almost exactly the experience I had when I went to Gamestop trying to buy a new 3DS on Friday.

3DS : 1048-8983-0850
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    To be fair, if Nintendo would produce more than like 1,000 of these fucking things for the entirety of America, it would be far less of an issue with the whole pre-ordering thing.

I still can't believe I forgot that the Megaman amiibo came out Friday, and now it's sold out everywhere. :bigfrown:

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    They presumably left with their pants, at least?

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

I still can't believe I forgot that the Megaman amiibo came out Friday, and now it's sold out everywhere. :bigfrown:

I feel as though Nintendo is still trying to figure out this whole "marketing" thing. It's like they're trying to create an artificial demand that they can capitalize on but haven't yet grasped the concept that in order to capitalize on that demand yourself, you need to actually release more of that item.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    jwalk wrote: »
    They presumably left with their pants, at least?

Of course not

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    EB GAMES: WE BUY YOUR SHIT

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    un_r wrote: »
    This is almost exactly the experience I had when I went to Gamestop trying to buy a new 3DS on Friday.

I just basically assume that Gamestop doesn't actually have anything in the store that I have not specifically pre-ordered for myself. It's a policy that has worked well for me.

Target/Best Buy/etc is pretty much always the way to go if you didn't pre-order, and well, tends to be preferable to Gamestop in general anyway.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I just basically assume that Gamestop doesn't actually have anything in the store that I have not specifically pre-ordered for myself. It's a policy that has worked well for me.

Target/Best Buy/etc is pretty much always the way to go if you didn't pre-order, and well, tends to be preferable to Gamestop in general anyway.

Yeah if I'm picking up anything physically I'll try a department type store first. Not being asked if I have a membership card, do I want a member ships card, did I know a membership card gets me ten percent off, did I know it comes with a Game Informer subscription, etc is much more preferable.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Man... people tell me this all the time, lol

As for the comic, once I realized I was preordering nearly every game I bought it was only natural to have people deliver it to my door. I only physically go to game shops now to scrounge for used games that I can't find online. I actually miss EB Games... and those spinners with all the PC demo discs. "300 games on one CD!" oh my!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    When did colored noses with the deep shading become a thing? I noticed it today, but it's been like that for a few weeks at least...

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah if I'm picking up anything physically I'll try a department type store first. Not being asked if I have a membership card, do I want a member ships card, did I know a membership card gets me ten percent off, did I know it comes with a Game Informer subscription, etc is much more preferable.

I wish I could find department stores that don't bombard me with credit cards and loyalty programs...

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    spool32 wrote: »
    When did colored noses with the deep shading become a thing? I noticed it today, but it's been like that for a few weeks at least...

It's only a mild case of tumblr nose. It'll clear up on its own... I think.

(edit: for the record I think it's cool. I like the freckles too.)

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

You have to beat Sales Man first!

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Gabe has been drawing noses that way, off and on, since The Trenches started.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

he looks like he's being sarcastic because he expects the panel 3 reaction and is humouring gabe by entering in the first place

liEt3nH.png
  • BChandlerBChandler Registered User new member
    I like to believe that Frank has no legs, or that he has legs where his arms should be.
    In fact, I'm certain of it.
    He's actually a three foot high humanoid with legs for arms. He works retail because he can perch on the edge of the counter and pretend he's just leaning over it.

Totally called it.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    BChandler wrote: »
    I like to believe that Frank has no legs, or that he has legs where his arms should be.
    In fact, I'm certain of it.
    He's actually a three foot high humanoid with legs for arms. He works retail because he can perch on the edge of the counter and pretend he's just leaning over it.

Totally called it.

Has to be some psychological connection between his lack of legs and his penchant for taking people's pants.

• jdelamanchajdelamancha Registered User new member
    YAY! Franks back!

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    As someone who went from working at the nations biggest video game retailer to the nations biggest general electronics retailer, yeah screw how Nintendo does stuff. I'm not resversing little plastic figures. And we still only got enough New 3DS XLs to cover preorder and not a single store around here has one nor a date when more when come in.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Mega Man comes out this upcoming Friday, the 20th. You should still have time to get one.

• RodjirRodjir Registered User regular
    Hi all I want is this Diablo 3.
    "Man you got your gamestop card? You want to get a subscription? You want to get a savings card? You want to register your email? DLC card? Take the mark of the beast? How about a reservation on your next game?"

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

I feel as though Nintendo is still trying to figure out this whole "marketing" thing. It's like they're trying to create an artificial demand that they can capitalize on but haven't yet grasped the concept that in order to capitalize on that demand yourself, you need to actually release more of that item.

All those 500% mark up EBay re-sellers? Secretly Nintendo.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Gamestop justified its existence for once this weekend. I got my N3DS, and the charger I ordered from amazon was not actually a 3DS charger as advertised. (I assume they ran out of 3DS chargers and just started shipping anything that looked vaguely right.)

Lo' and Behold, Gamestop had a charger in stock for me to buy! Although the clerk chastised me that they were running low, and then proceeded to ask if I needed to buy all of the 3DS games for sale and suggest some preorders.

What is this I don't even.
  • ironman288ironman288 Registered User new member
    Bucketman wrote: »

Mega Man comes out this upcoming Friday, the 20th. You should still have time to get one.

I got my Mega Man from Amazon last Thursday, so I'm pretty sure it did release last week and they are all gone now, forever.

• trident042trident042 Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

Comes out? He made it to my mailbox courtesy Amazon just fine, on Valentine's Day no less. And that was after Amazon emailed, apologized they didn't have enough to get him to me immediately, and shipped several days late. I was of the impression he came out closer to the 2nd.

This signature now left intentionally blank.
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dammit, Tycho. Keep your hair in the frame.