As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Veterinary Advice for Cat

MataeMatae Registered User regular
edited February 2015 in Help / Advice Forum
Does anybody here know the best route to go about trying to get my cat's surgery/vet bill funded?

My Cat, SteveDave has formed Crystals and Bladder Stones which are so big that they are life threatening. He had Surgery to remove the blockage but not all was able to be removed and he now requires a
"Perineal Urethrostomy" This surgery along with the previous 2 attempts at removing the blockage are starting to weigh on me financially.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just want SteveDave back

Matae on

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    Check with different vets in your area. Prices can vary, by A LOT, from clinic to clinic. Some may also have payment plans if you tell them money is an issue.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Talk to the local humane society and any local vet schools in the area. They'll either be able to help by doing the procedure at a much cheaper rate than the other vets, or at least point you towards someone that can work with you to get it paid for.

Oh, and where are the pictures? Pictures are mandatory for any further help.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Credit cards suck, but pets are worth any price. We have been very happy with CareCredit so far. They usually offer 0% financing for 18 months or so on anything over like $250, and it sounds like you might be there. Worth looking into.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions, I will call around today. As for CareCredit, is that available in Canada? Looks like a research day!

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Linking to crowdfunding pages is against the rules here.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    CareCredit is available in Canada, but I have no idea about the differences in terms and such there. It looks like there's another one in Canada called Petcard. Maybe research that one a bit, I don't know a lot about it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I wasn't aware Ceres, sorry about that, thanks for removing it. I would of as soon as I was told otherwise. Thank you Shadowfire I will look into that one