As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cut out one cookie and two more shall be baked. Hail Cookie Brigade!

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in PAX East
If you were looking for information regarding becoming a part of the Cookie Brigade for PAX East 2015 or you're just curious about what we're all about then you're in the right place. We're gearing up for PAX East 2015 and looking forward to trying to smash last East's fundraising total of $19,000!

If you're not already registered on the Cookie Brigade website please do so ASAP!

wQojq.png

WHO WE ARE:

The Cookie Brigade is a ragtag group of Penny Arcade Forumers who have assembled since PAX 2007 to provide our fellow gamers with delicious baked goods! Cookies are baked by forumers, brought and shipped from afar by forumers, and distributed by forumers!

The Cookie Brigade does not sell cookies. We give cookies away for free.

Brigadiers also accept donations to Child's Play, which are entirely voluntary and greatly appreciated!

And it's very convenient to get a cookie and give a donation at the same time.

Starting in 2007, the Cookie Brigade began a mission to give these cookies in exchange for donations to Child's Play, the charity started by Mike and Jerry that provides entertainment to kids in children's hospitals. Since starting on this mission, the Cookie Brigade has raised over $88,000 mostly by the handing out of cookies and the reception of donations from the incredible, amazing, and generous PAX community! In 2014 alone we've raised over $46,000 for Child's Play! Woooooot! Thank you everyone for your generous donations; you have helped an awesome cause!

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?

Looking to Volunteer? Head to http://cookiebrigade.org/ for more information!

Looking for some general information? Check us out on the PAX Community Wiki!

You can also find us on the following social media locations,

Twitter: @Cookie_Brigade
G+: Cookie Brigade

And during or pre-pax, feel free to light up the Cookie Signal!

Hashtag: #cookiebrigade

I WANT TO HELP IN THE BRIGADE!

If you're interested in
  • Baking delicious cookies
  • Distributing to people during PAX
  • Helping organize cookies and distributors

We can definitely use your help! Sign up at our website, http://cookiebrigade.org if you wish to participate in the organizing, baking, and/or distributing!

An important note: due to certain external pressures on the Brigade we have to keep some of our more sensitive planning operations private. If you sign up on the Cookie Brigade website you will have access to our public forums but will need to submit an application to through the site to become a brigadier. Thank you for your understanding!

BASIC BRIGADE GUIDELINES

• We give out cookies, we do not sell cookies! We do happily pass donations along to Child's Play, so feel free to give us donations if you want.
  • Keep it PG and family friendly. We love to give cookies out to kids and as such we ask all brigadiers to remain family friendly with their cookies (sorry no dickerdoodles) and distributing activities!
  • Have fun and enjoy PAX!

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    I think I get more excited about Cookie Brigade than I do PAX itself..

This will be my third year as a distributor. I can't wait to see you all again!

Contemplating baking some cookies this year too...

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I'll be able to take more time off work this year so I can bake again! Gluten Free Peanut Butter cookies incoming!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • d.TFFoSd.TFFoS Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Gonna try to join this year assuming I can get a badge.

d.TFFoS on
  • flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm interested in helping out for a good cause, is there a a cut off date punzie? Obviously the sooner we sign up the better, but don't want to commit if my schedule isn't 100% free around that time (either before or after).

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Nope, no real cut off date. If you apply the week of pax, you might not get approved before pax just because we're all running around like crazy then, but it'll still get you in for the next pax :)

And just because you aren't attending a pax, doesn't mean you can't contribute. Bakers can always ship cookies to a local!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Just saw this and thought Omnomnom

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Well, looks like Punzie Funzies need a Reese cup version.

Hail Cookie Brigade!
    28cvvcs5kjss.jpg

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Just saw this and thought Omnomnom

OMG. That looks sickenly sweet and I have to try it.

fss_overall.png
  • UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    We shall water the earth with the blood of our foes! Or take their money for charity, it's something along those lines.

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
    Well, looks like Punzie Funzies need a Reese cup version.

I forget which pax it was, but I did do a small number of funzies with Reese's in them. The problem is that Reese's cost more than Oreos. And the mini Reese's that you can get a bunch per bag are just too tall. I can look for a big bag though and make a small batch.

HI3789R.png
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    please please, who ever made the mochi, please send me the recipe ,sooo goood. also I'm going to try and make ginger snaps this year, i did it in 2012 but have had to skip the last 2 but i really want to bring some this year

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
    someone made mochi? dang, sorry I missed that!

fss_overall.png
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Last year was my first year baking and I am happy to say I will be baking again this year! I made snickerdoodles and smores cookies last year.

DXLJjjr.png
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    someone made mochi? dang, sorry I missed that!

yeah it was in the diversity room

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • wreckeurwreckeur Registered User regular
    The sprog and I are looking to bake and contribute cookies for CB @ PAX East 2015. How many cookies should we be planning on making?

wreckeur wrote: »
    The sprog and I are looking to bake and contribute cookies for CB @ PAX East 2015. How many cookies should we be planning on making?

ALL OF THEM

Seriously though, however many you can handle. We always need more cookies.

fss_overall.png
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    You have me for several dozen egg-free cookies again this year, either cinnamon chip if I can find enough cinnamon chips, or chocolate chip if not!

UyhWici.png
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'll be there, and this year, I'm hoping to bake (even just a bit) and also distribute! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • vickinatorvickinator Cookie Brigade Organizer :) New YorkRegistered User regular
    Signing up to bake and also distribute!

• CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    I'll be baking and distributing again! If I can get my hands on those tiny Cadbury Creme Eggs, I'll even make more of the "Scotch eggs" that I made last year.

• randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    I'm in!

I don't bake very often (seriously, is there a PAX Burrito Brigade?) but I've got an awesome recipe for vegan trashcan cookies that I've wanted to try out.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
    "Trash can" cookies? Well color me intrigued.

HI3789R.png
  • randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah! "Trashcan" in the sense that you throw all kinds of stuff into it: oatmeal, potato chips, pretzels, chocolate chips, coffee, etc.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • RappakRappak Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I think it was me? I know i did it two years ago and don't remember if i did it again for pax last year. The bar crawl had a small batch of green tea ones.i still don't know if they went over well or not.

This is in reference to mochi. I made several flavors one year, green tea, original, strawberry, orange, and coffee. Maybe one other flavor.

Rappak on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    Wookie Cookies are amazing. Chocolate-chip-cinnamon.
    http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/text/wookiee-ookies.htm

Last year someone made mochi DURING PAX and bought it to us, freshly made, still in the pan, Sunday morning. I feel really bad that I don't remember the girl's name.

HI3789R.png
  • RappakRappak Registered User regular
    Oh wow. Kuddos to them!

For those who have tried signing up and have not received your confirmation email - sorry about that! We believe we have fixed the issue now.

fss_overall.png
  • cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    Signed up for distribute. No time to bake this year with work, but at least I get the weekend off for PAX East!

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Heya folks.

I was a last-minute distributor/cookie-procurer last year and it was a ton of fun!

Hoping to do it again this year. =)

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    We're looking for a kind Toronto-area PAXer to do us a favor. Cakescove.com has offered to make us some of their beautiful delights to give out at East. However, shipping from Canada to the US will be expensive, time-consuming, and possibly harmful to the cookies/candies. If anyone is coming from there (or passing through) and willing to pick them up and deliver them to PAX for us, please let me know!

HI3789R.png
    I hope the PAXers are ready for some cookies!
    The first (and easiest) place to find us will be at the Westin game night in Thursday. We'll have a spot right next to the game night check in table. During pax, follow our twitter (@cookie_brigade) to see where we are and get pics of cookies and PAXers being awesome. You can also tweet at us (mention that account or use #cookiebrigade) to request cookies and we'll try to send someone to you.

I'm about to go retweet pics of all the deliciousness out bakers have been creating. Again, @cookie_brigade.

See you in a couple days!

HI3789R.png
    Yesssss we have shinies for you. We only have 100 of the year pins for this year so you have to really impress a brigadier to get one.

image_zpssdsqkehi.jpg

HI3789R.png
  • Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Have cookies, but sadly stuck in Philadelphia airport for hours now. ETA is now 10:30 tonight. I am bringing the noms still despite all this crappy snow!

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Randomly happened upon the right room, cookies dropped off! :)

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Brew78Brew78 Registered User regular
    Whoever made the GF/Vegan banana peanut butter cookies, were there seriously only 3 ingredients? (banana, peanut butter, sugar)
    If so, it's amazing how cookie-like they turned out!

@Brew78 yes, just 3 ingredients. You can see that one and other recipes on our site http://www.cookiebrigade.org/forum/index.php?board=32.0

We raised over $21,000 this weekend. Thank you so much to everyone for helping make that happen. We love being able to support Child's Play this way!

HI3789R.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    shout-out to the mystery sack man

YL9WnCY.png
  • GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    you guys are definitely a great help with the cookies. I was waiting in line for the Gearbox Panel until Cookie Brigade came in to save the day, awesome chocolate chip cookie too!

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    shout-out to the mystery sack man
    Thank you for reaching into my tasty sack!

Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered