As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Like Chilean miners emerging from the ground, so begins another [Podcast] thread

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Listening to the most recent Tested podcast and Norm talking about comics always frustrates me.

I've never really been able to get into tested and its mostly because I find norm kinda irritating

what does he do specifically about comics?

He makes bad recommendations (I think he actually recommended Wanted once) and just generally doesn't know what he's talking about, but thinks he does.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hahaha this guy's pride in not using mocap in this Medal of Honor video
    That is the hill he will die on

that's not really an uncommon thing

Pixar's movies all have an emblem at the end that basically says "100% ANIMATED BY ACTUAL ANIMATORS AND NOT A COMPUTER STARING AT PING PONG BALLS"

Pixar uses various art styles and unconventional characters that are best rendered by people directly manipulating them

This was a Medal of Honor game with regular human animations done by hand and it looked pretty bad

I think in that situation you should just mocap it

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    If the GB crew had listened to the Bugle regularly their European politics talk would've been much better.

In general the Bugle is pretty good and people who want more John Oliver should consider it.

It does contain severe punning and a nontrivial amount of cricket references though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Listening to the most recent Tested podcast and Norm talking about comics always frustrates me.

I've never really been able to get into tested and its mostly because I find norm kinda irritating

He makes bad recommendations (I think he actually recommended Wanted once) and just generally doesn't know what he's talking about, but thinks he does.

This is Norm about eeeeeeeeverything

I got so mad once I stopped listening to the podcast for months because he said everyone should be buying new phones every 6 months

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i wonder if brad's going to read my idiotic email on the podcast

i'm gonna go ahead and guess that anything that's in all caps and more than a line or two probably instantly gets deleted

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    If the GB crew had listened to the Bugle regularly their European politics talk would've been much better.

In general the Bugle is pretty good and people who want more John Oliver should consider it.

It does contain severe punning and a nontrivial amount of cricket references though.

I gave The Bugle a shot a couple years ago and listened for a few months, then I decided I just didn't like Andy Zaltzman and stopped

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I got so mad once I stopped listening to the podcast for months because he said everyone should be buying new phones every 6 months

Yeah. Norm's the worst part of the podcast. I used to listen to it entirely for Will and Gary and stopped when Gary got too busy to do it. I've started listening again now that he's returned.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

This is like

if someone asks you what privilege means

you go hold on listen to this

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

The pun runs are the way to enlightenment.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    i wonder if brad's going to read my idiotic email on the podcast

i'm gonna go ahead and guess that anything that's in all caps and more than a line or two probably instantly gets deleted

The couple I've gotten read have been about crazy shit that relates to something they just talked about

that seems to be the best way to get on there

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Also my dad just found out I told the entire internet about him bleeding out of his butt like, last week

• CormacCormac Registered User regular

Norm often takes this holier than thou attitude which really annoys me. When he get's into his privileged opinionated hipster mode I immediately stop watching or listening to whatever it is.

Did you ever see any of the videos they shot in his house when they were looking for a new office? He may live with a few other people but he's significantly better off financially than Will is. He's coming from a different financial perspective than most of us, but that doesn't excuse him from the comments he's made.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    http://www.whmpodcast.com/2015/02/episode-191-seventh-son.html
    On this week's episode, the gang breaks the infamous Ten Year Rule to dissect the delayed, but insane, Seventh Son! Julianne Moore as a witch, or whatever? Jeff Bridges as a witch slayer, or whatever? And what's with Jon Snow at the beginning? PLUS: He was The Dude, goddammit!

Seventh Son stars Jeff Bridges, Julianne Moore, Ben Barnes, Olivia Williams and Kit Harington -- briefly; directed by Sergey Bodrov.
    Oh boy
    That's gonna be a doozy

Turns out it was! I fucking lost it at the "someone forgot to yell cut" bit. That, and pretty much any other time they were doing Jeff Bridges impressions.

Hahaha this guy's pride in not using mocap in this Medal of Honor video
    That is the hill he will die on

that's not really an uncommon thing

Pixar's movies all have an emblem at the end that basically says "100% ANIMATED BY ACTUAL ANIMATORS AND NOT A COMPUTER STARING AT PING PONG BALLS"

in fairness to pixar

most mo-capped CGI movies end up looking terrible

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Dan beat Tyson.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Dan just mopped the floor with Mike Tyson on the first day of his nominally year-long resolution. He didn't even make it look hard.

sig.gif
    z9iOD2j.png
    mUDNdH7.png

6F32U1X.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I cannot imagine how happy Dan is right now

Good for him

CYpGAPn.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    that's really funny, now what does he do for the whole year? is there a replacement challenge?

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    He coasts.

sig.gif
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    do it blindfolded

PNk1Ml4.png
    Last week's episode of improv4humans is something else

It is the improv comedy version of Whiplash, with Armen Weitzman in the Miles Teller role and Matt Besser in the JK Simmons role

Also featuring Stephanie Allynne, Mookie Blaiklock, Neil Campbell, and Paul Rust

and you might think in this episode "there's no way they're going to cover every single story beat of the movie, right?"

You would be wrong

6F32U1X.png
    Langly wrote: »
    that's really funny, now what does he do for the whole year? is there a replacement challenge?

Fight and beat actual mike tyson

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Prom Knight is a DLC Shovel Knight boss I would gladly pay for.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

OH GOD SCOTT AND PAUL ARE DESCRIBING THE INHUMANS

OH MY GOOOOOOD

CYpGAPn.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I demand a link to Adam Scott on letterman

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    There should be a place that collects all Adam Scott appearances everywhere. Seems like something Tumblr would be on top of.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

OH MY GOOOOOOD

Scott is a pretty big comics nerd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i love how close dan gets on the very first try and then he goes three and out on the very next one

Balefuego wrote: »

OH MY GOOOOOOD

Scott is a pretty big comics nerd
    Oh I know, dude made some Damian Wayne deep cuts in an episode and was in an issue of Deadpool

I was just reacting because it was hilarious

that whole episode was incredible

CYpGAPn.png
    Watched the Tyson fight

holy shit he was SO RELIEVED when Tyson went down

and Drew's reaction holy shit

"I spent a week getting this room together!"

CYpGAPn.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Watched the Tyson fight

well now he has to beat super punch out and punch out wii

Watched the Tyson fight

well now he has to beat super punch out and punch out wii
    He already has though!

Tyson was the only thing he has never been able to beat, that he wanted to beat

CYpGAPn.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I'm not really surprised that Dan beat Tyson first time out. He knows that fight real well and upgraded to a CRT.

Makes me want to hunt down a CRT. I tried playing Parappa for the first time on psp and only could get four characters in because the timing is totally fucked.

Dang, the Bombcast still isn't up? They must be having a busy day

CYpGAPn.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Well they usually record it on mondays

Not a option this weel

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.