As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

• Options
    FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    That would be so lame to wait in the snow. :(

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    ya that is what worries me for the most part is the wait with the weather

• Options
    AlextheGreat77AlextheGreat77 Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    so anyone know bout 8bit how that party is

I was wondering this as well. What can I expect from this party?

• Options
    i just mainly want to know if its a booze/dance type of party or if its more talking to people who made the games trying out the games stuff like that. I am not a huge indy games fan so would mainly want it to be less about the games

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    It'll be more of a club atmosphere with booze and raffles

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I’m going to the parties listed at Royale or Candibar (the bar under Royale, used to be called Underbar). Last year both places hosted some pretty good parties. Unfortunately, I don’t have tickets to PAX this year. I know some people at Royale… so I can get the hook up. I’m looking to help out some of my gaming peeps and maybe someone out there can help me out.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    this one holds at least 300 more people so should be a lil better I have heard it may be able to hold up to 600 more the number i have seen has been 1000,1300 so I would assume the lines would be a lil better
    I've been to shows at Royale and I don't think it can comfortably hold that many. There were much larger clubs about 7 years ago, but they were torn down and combined to make up the House of Blues. 600 people crammed into Royale would be pretty uncomfortable, unless all of you are jumping around to the same tune, because then it's just one giant pit at that point.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    unmademanunmademan Registered User new member
    @Krissta here are a few that you missed:

THURSDAY

Pokecrawl Ep. 6
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 7:15 PM
    Ages 21+
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pokecrawl-episode-6-pokemon-forever-tickets-15273335959

FRIDAY

8 Bit Boston 2: The 16 Bit Invasion
    Friday, March 6, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    Ages 21+
    $22.09
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/8-bit-boston-2-the-16-bit-invasion-live-at-pax-east-tickets-15215676498

TennoLive 2015: PAX East!
    Friday, March 6 at 8:00PM
    https://warframe.com/tennolive

SATURDAY

PAX East EVE Online Meetup
    Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 7:00PM - 12:00PM
    Ages 21+
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5187099

SUNDAY

MONDAY

MC Frontalot Post PAX Party
    Monday, March 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM
    Location: Middle East Downstairs, 472 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 02139
    Ages 18+
    $15.00
    http://www.rockonconcerts.com/event/783657-mc-frontalot-post-pax-party-cambridge/

• Options
    im just saying what I have read is it can hold around 1,000 people

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Just heard the Pokecrawl is sold out.

• Options
    im just saying what I have read is it can hold around 1,000 people
    This is where I miss the Snap! button

• Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    The ASUS party last year had an epic line, musta been a 1/4-mile long if not longer. That being said, we waited about an hour and made it in just in time for Crystal Method's set to start.

An absolutely amazing show, danced myself sober (and I was pretty twisted). It was an annoying wait and rather unpleasant, but I recommend that anyone who wants to go, TRY, if last year is any indication.

• Options
    ya a hour in this weather though would be brutal lol. Last year not so bad this year that would suck

• Options
    snotrocketsnotrocket Registered User new member
    edited February 2015
    FapFlop wrote: »

Lines for an RSVP event?

Exactly might thought as we stood in line for over an hour for the ASUS party. They handed out WAY to many tickets, why not just give out the number of tickets plus some for no shows. It was PACKED worse than sardines inside the club, nothing better than sweaty people forced to touch each other inorder to move anywhere. I've been to some clubs and this was really bad. Waiting in line for what seemed like forever made us all pissed to begin with then people would cut the line and there was no one to police it. The line was tremendously long there was nothing you could do. I'll try again this year to see if it's better, but 2014s party we only stayed at for 20 minutes then left as we couldn't take it any longer. #greenbike

snotrocket on
  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    unmademan wrote: »
    @Krissta here are a few that you missed:

THURSDAY

Pokecrawl Ep. 6
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 7:15 PM
    Ages 21+
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pokecrawl-episode-6-pokemon-forever-tickets-15273335959

FRIDAY

8 Bit Boston 2: The 16 Bit Invasion
    Friday, March 6, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    Ages 21+
    $22.09
    http://www.eventbrite.com/e/8-bit-boston-2-the-16-bit-invasion-live-at-pax-east-tickets-15215676498

TennoLive 2015: PAX East!
    Friday, March 6 at 8:00PM
    https://warframe.com/tennolive

SATURDAY

PAX East EVE Online Meetup
    Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 7:00PM - 12:00PM
    Ages 21+
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5187099

SUNDAY

MONDAY

MC Frontalot Post PAX Party
    Monday, March 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM
    Location: Middle East Downstairs, 472 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 02139
    Ages 18+
    $15.00
    http://www.rockonconcerts.com/event/783657-mc-frontalot-post-pax-party-cambridge/

Thanks so much! I won't be adding a few of them as they are not "official" parties, rather organized events. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Personally, I prefer having a list of all the PAX events/parties outside of the convention center, not just the "official" ones. So if anyone else is also looking for that, this link may be helpful! http://maroonersrock.com/2015/02/pax-east-2015-party-list/

• Options
    H2O AcidicH2O Acidic Registered User regular
    smorggie wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer having a list of all the PAX events/parties outside of the convention center, not just the "official" ones. So if anyone else is also looking for that, this link may be helpful! http://maroonersrock.com/2015/02/pax-east-2015-party-list/

Thanks for the posting of said link. I'm trying to keep the page updated quickly. I keep hearing Twitch WILL have a party, but guess they're holding off on any information.

• Options
    BlueLaguna88BlueLaguna88 Registered User new member
    anyone know of any Pax related Raves happening?

• Options
    FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    snotrocket wrote: »

Lines for an RSVP event?

Exactly might thought as we stood in line for over an hour for the ASUS party. They handed out WAY to many tickets, why not just give out the number of tickets plus some for no shows. It was PACKED worse than sardines inside the club, nothing better than sweaty people forced to touch each other inorder to move anywhere. I've been to some clubs and this was really bad. Waiting in line for what seemed like forever made us all pissed to begin with then people would cut the line and there was no one to police it. The line was tremendously long there was nothing you could do. I'll try again this year to see if it's better, but 2014s party we only stayed at for 20 minutes then left as we couldn't take it any longer. #greenbike

Balls. I was really looking forward to this one. Maybe I'll check out the Warframe afterparty instead.

• Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    H2O Acidic wrote: »
    smorggie wrote: »

Thanks for the posting of said link. I'm trying to keep the page updated quickly. I keep hearing Twitch WILL have a party, but guess they're holding off on any information.

Or it'll be like the past Twitch party, where it was invite only/you had to be a Twitch partner.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    anyone know of any Pax related Raves happening?
    The closest place that hosts raves is in Worcester, so no, there are no PAX-related Raves. In fact, I'm surprised raves still go on.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    Depending on the party, some of them can get dance club/ravey due to venue/music/amount of free alcohol.

I keep thinking back to one of my first PAX East party experiences... the Wargaming.net Anniversary party in 2012. Open bar at one of Boston's nicest clubs with a set by Pete Tong. And the giant cake that looked like a Tank.

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that someone (Twitch) is hosting a party at Candibar. I can't recall a year of PAX without a party happening at that venue. Waiting on info.

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Depending on the party, some of them can get dance club/ravey due to venue/music/amount of free alcohol.

I keep thinking back to one of my first PAX East party experiences... the Wargaming.net Anniversary party in 2012. Open bar at one of Boston's nicest clubs with a set by Pete Tong. And the giant cake that looked like a Tank.

that party was bananas. I very much enjoyed it. I was fortunate enough to keep coming back to try to win a wristband via raffle at their booth and they finally just gave one to me lol

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    UnnDunn wrote: »
    Dolarrah wrote: »

They are selling the tickets in waves. This was just the first wave.

Thanks for the heads up! For anyone else wondering: it seems they're announcing the waves via Twitter: https://twitter.com/harmonix

Thanks for the link, I hate twitter but at least I check it from work. Looking to get a ticket for this too. Already got the ASUS party covered.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    snotrocket wrote: »

Lines for an RSVP event?

Balls. I was really looking forward to this one. Maybe I'll check out the Warframe afterparty instead.

In their defense, this year, they rented out the ENTIRE club. I guess last time they only partially had it. They aren't making that mistake again! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
  • Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    Sanshee wrote: »
    This is the official announcement that the Sanshee Block Party has returned.

5bhp91a52386.png
    We have a different venue this year (The Stadium couldn't be rebooked due to a change of ownership, which makes me a little sad) There's this whole multiple-floor thing going on with the new venue, which should be cool. If we get enough ticket sales, Exclusively NEP Said we should be able to secure an extra floor for the evening, which would be neat.

Either way, here's to hoping to another evening of chill people, good drinks, and great times!

Get your tickets here: sansheeblockparty2015.eventbrite.com

Early Bird tickets come with a complimentary drink ticket. They are the BEST deal for this party, but are limited in availability.

It won't be too bad...I've been to Prime on several occasions. You can easily see the DJ from all floors, drinks are...mehhhhh but not too expensive and hell we'll all be together as gamers. I'll be fun I'm sure!

• Options
    gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    Tickets are selling fast so here is the big news for anyone coming to Indies Need Booze. Adult Swim Games, and 3D Realms are now sponsors behind our event. This means even more swag for all our guests!

First 250 people will be getting a game code to Cubicity by Bubble Head Games, one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one game code from Indie Game Stand and one button from 3D Realms.

First 300 people will be getting one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, one game code from Indie Game Stand, and one button from 3D Realms

First 350 people will be getting one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one button from 3D Realms.

First 400 people get one game code from Adult Swim Games.

Also here is a list of all the games we are adding to be playable at our event!

Black Ice
    Chariot
    Worlds of REM
    Duck Game
    Rain World

• Options
    DannyfnlanzaDannyfnlanza Registered User regular
    Double Tap is hosting a Post Pax East party on March 8th from 7pm to 2am.

Free to attend

18+

Take the Red Line to Central and just walk across the street

we'll have:

Live music

Amiibo tournament (free) w/ prizes

Mario Kart 64 (free) w/ prizes

www.Facebook.com/DoubleTapBar

also if you're looking for a PAX 3 days pass you have a chance to win a free one.
    We'll be holding a Street Fighter tournament ($5 entry) on March 1st and the grand prize will be a 3 Day PAX pass.

• Options
    Hey everyone just moments ago Exclusive NEP announced that the Sanshee party has been canceled.

Link:

• Options
    Tickets are selling fast so here is the big news for anyone coming to Indies Need Booze. Adult Swim Games, and 3D Realms are now sponsors behind our event. This means even more swag for all our guests!

First 250 people will be getting a game code to Cubicity by Bubble Head Games, one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one game code from Indie Game Stand and one button from 3D Realms.

First 300 people will be getting one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, one game code from Indie Game Stand, and one button from 3D Realms

First 350 people will be getting one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one button from 3D Realms.

First 400 people get one game code from Adult Swim Games.

Also here is a list of all the games we are adding to be playable at our event!

Black Ice
    Chariot
    Worlds of REM
    Duck Game
    Rain World

You're going to help me with those 250 codes, right? (haha)

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    H2O Acidic wrote: »
    Hey everyone just moments ago Exclusive NEP announced that the Sanshee party has been canceled.

Link:

What!?!?

• Options
    PugglesPuggles Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Just got an e-mail that Sanshee was canceled. :(

Puggles on
  • Options
    LordBraska1999LordBraska1999 Bahston, MARegistered User regular
    WTF why!? That really really sucks....I hope Harmonix opens up some more tickets.

• Options
    WTF why!? That really really sucks....I hope Harmonix opens up some more tickets.

Rumor is tomorrow.

• Options
    That's odd, usually other places can be booked this far in advance so one could assume it's something deeper than that.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    But they haven't even took down ticket sales...

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    anybody have any experience with the made in MA party?

• Options
    giantry wrote: »
    anybody have any experience with the made in MA party?

Personally no, but a friend of mine swears by it

f7v9h.jpg
This discussion has been closed.