As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a Bad Year to Have Litigation in the [NFL]

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    they had a good plan for manuel. in his first season he was supposed be a back up with kolb as the starter. but then kolb got injured in preseason and never started a game leaving the bills with a rookie QB, jeff tuel, and thad lewis.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Manuel seems like he was really poorly handled.

I don't get why teams draft a QB high, and then just fuck them up.

everybody wants to be the colts

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    they had a good plan for manuel. in his first season he was supposed be a back up with kolb as the starter. but then kolb got injured in preseason and never started a game leaving the bills with a rookie QB, jeff tuel, and thad lewis.

a plan that hinges on kevin kolb staying healthy is by definition not a good plan

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    at least mccown has 6 weeks of good play on his resume. that's more than every other qb in free agency combined!

6 weeks in 12 seasons. I really don't understand why so many teams allegedly want to kick the tires on him. He's 35 and other than the outlier third of a season with Chicago the rest of his career is a rather consistent sub 60% completion rating at 6-sh yards per completion throwing a handful of interceptions for every handful of touchdowns. He's not leading an on-the-bubble team like Buffalo to the playoffs.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I thought it was funny that the last time kolb played was against the bills, where he got injured and was out for the season. I remember watching the game.

Jars on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I guess my only thoughts on the whole Bills situation is, well, who else are they gonna get? Why not just not worry about it right now, worry about the changeover issues that always happen when you have this kind of staff turnover, take an evaluation year, and then grab the best guy you can pick up next year. I mean, is there a free agent QB that's that good that the Bills or any given team absolutely should try to grab him right now no questions asked?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I guess my only thoughts on the whole Bills situation is, well, who else are they gonna get? Why not just not worry about it right now, worry about the changeover issues that always happen when you have this kind of staff turnover, take an evaluation year, and then grab the best guy you can pick up next year. I mean, is there a free agent QB that's that good that the Bills or any given team absolutely should try to grab him right now no questions asked?

Nope.

• Options
    I think the bills are only going to have about 2 more seasons before they have to give up someone on the defense to free agency.

• Options
    Literally any other direction they take helps the future more than Josh McCown can because Josh McCown has no future. If this is a throwaway year for the Bills (though I doubt their front office sees that it is this soon) then having Manuel compete with a late-round rookie or one of the other younger free agents like Locker makes more sense to me.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    looks like this is moot as mccown has left buffalo without a deal

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Manifest Destiny

• Options
    whatever happened to josh freeman

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Now that LA is officially one vote away from getting an NFL stadium (paid for by the Rams owner), Chargers making their move to join in on the fun
    In addition, we would like to take a moment to describe the situation now facing the Chargers franchise.

The Los Angeles and Orange County market has been without an NFL team for 20 years.
    Over those two decades the Chargers have worked diligently to win fans and business partners in the LA/Orange County market.
    And the Chargers have succeeded. Now, fully 25 percent of the Chargers’ season ticket base comes from the LA/Orange County market (along with the Inland Empire).
    If another team – or two other teams – enters the LA/Orange County markets, most of that Chargers’ business there will disappear.
    This will put the Chargers at a significant competitive economic disadvantage.
    Simply put, it would not be fair to the Chargers – a team that has worked for 14 years to find a stadium solution in San Diego County – to allow other teams that themselves abandoned the LA market to now return and gut the Chargers’ local revenue stream.
    The Chargers are continuing to work hard to find a solution in San Diego.
    But we also want to be clear with this Task Force right at the outset: We are keeping a close eye on developments in LA. We do not have a choice but to also monitor and evaluate our options there. Simply put, it would be irresponsible for the Chargers not to be taking every possible step to protect the future of the franchise.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So a Patriots attendant tried to get an unapproved football into the AFC championship game or something?

This is getting really fucking stupid.

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    So a Patriots attendant tried to get an unapproved football into the AFC championship game or something?

This is getting really fucking stupid.

One that was handed to him by an NFL official. Who has since been fired for stealing the ACTUAL kicking ball.

• Options
    This shit might actually mean something if the Patriots didn't win that game by like 900 points...

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    sports entertainment

• Options
    More details on the Warren Sapp case

"Investigators say Sapp was in the hotel bar when he struck up a conversation with the women, who claimed to be dancers at a popular Las Vegas strip club, and invited them up to his room.

The women told police they were dancing for Sapp inside his hotel room and he threw $100 bills at them.

But investigators say Sapp reported giving each woman $300 in exchange for a sex act. The 23-year-old complied by giving him oral sex, which Sapp recorded on his cellphone and later showed police, while the 34-year-old hid in the bathroom and didn’t emerge until she heard the pair arguing, according to the report.

Sapp told police that the 23-year-old asked for additional money for intercourse and began yelling when he refused to pay her more.

“He told her several times that she needed to leave but she was irate,” the report said. “At one point, she used Warren’s phone to call security to his room.”

The woman said she was collecting her belongings when Sapp grabbed her by the arms and threw her into the hallway, the force of which knocked both women down, according to the report."

• Options
    The Trent Richardson situation in Indy is getting ugly. On one hand the Colts are claiming he got fat, neglected conditioning, and no-showed a walkthrough before the AFC Championship game. On the other, Richardson claims the reason he missed the walkthrough is he had to rush his girlfriend to the hospital because she showed signs of premature labor.

Indianapolis is clearly trying to void his contract and we can probably expect a grievance filing and/or arbitration.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    If I was thinking, "who can get me to the hospital the fastest?", Trent Richardson would be all the way at the back of my list.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    The situation in Indy is going to get really ugly, really quick.

And again, fuck Warren Sapp.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Witnesses say Richardson rear ended 4 cars on the interstate while driving to the hospital. State troopers are investigating. They say multiple witnesses testified that in all instances there were open lanes on both sides but Richardson "just barreled right into them".

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Jesus, wow that's just crazy.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    I told all my fellow Indy fans he was going to be out of the league within 2 years of that trade but they didn't believe me. I guess the Colts can take some solace in the fact that the pick they gave up him turned into Johnny Clipboard.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    The St. Louis Rams have reportedly given Sam Bradford permission to seek a trade, per CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora.

Also, Andy Reid had knee replacement surgery.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    what do people think of bradford anyway. too many injuries to really know?

Jars on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I think it's more how bad QB is for a lot of teams than Bradford being above average

• Options
    Bradford is a solid QB when healthy.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Bradford is a solid QB when healthy.
    Which makes him approximately 1/8th of a solid QB over the course of any given season.

• Options
    sorry that your team is leaving you tdot

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'm not really even sure what I'm going to do when they go.

Do I keep rooting for a team I feel betrayed by?

Do I try to find another team to follow even though I have no real connection to it?

Do I just stop caring about football now that I've lost what little stake in it I had?

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Do you like cheese?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Do I try to find another team to follow even though I have no real connection to it?

Do I just stop caring about football now that I've lost what little stake in it I had?

You should jump on board with the Panthers. We have the most lovable players.

Smiley Cam

Luke

Tugboat

Fozzy

The list keeps going.

C'mon. How can you not cheer for Tugboat?

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Whoops posting malfunction

SirToasty on
  • Options

honestly, getting out for awhile might not be a bad idea

maybe in a few years the league will be in a slightly less despicable place

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular

If it's anything like my reaction to the NBA stealing the Sonics? Fuck them forever, and piss on the graves of everyone involved as soon as they have the good grace to die.

• Options

Watch the NBA. It's a superior league right now and there's 99.999999% less concussions to feel guilty about.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    What team would be in the Rams home television market when they leave? The Chiefs? You could do a lot worse than them.

This discussion has been closed.