As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] and High Quality Dunsparce Erotica

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Considering the N64 Zeldas that just feels like how Zelda is to me

Having a second stick in Wind Waker for camera control feels weird

6F32U1X.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    @wyborn @speed racer just so you know @the Betman and I got mh3 u on Wii u recently, I showed her some of the basics but I'm still a relative beginner as well

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh my fucking god still with the Monster Hunter

Let me walk you through the halcyon dayso f my internet youth, when I was arguing with some of the last holdouts of the Single Link Theory on the web

I'm still amazed you and I dealt with the same "Zero Mission is actually the sequel to Metroid I" conspiracy guy on different forums years ago

Haha ah man I haven't thought about that since we connected on it originally but you mention it and I have this visual flashback to his avatar of The Grimace

His avatar on the Nintendo Power forums was 8-bit Samus (because that forum only had Nintendo avatars, you see).

I just remember the maps. All the maps.

what the hell

Whoops, misread this as "Fusion is the sequel to Metroid I". But technically he's not wrong, in that the Zero Mission component is a sequel to Metroid 1. But the entire game? Madness.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Considering the N64 Zeldas that just feels like how Zelda is to me

Having a second stick in Wind Waker for camera control feels weird

Eh, those were limitations of the controller

I don't think that was like, a gameplay choice

especially since WW let you mess around with the camera just fine

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    I'd have to get a new 3DS before I even considered getting MHU4 or whatever.

Because of nintendo's wonderful naming scheme, I don't know if you mean you need a new 3DS as in new to you (because something is wrong with your old one maybe) or a new 3DS as in N3DS.

The N3DS has some nice stuff but totally isn't essential. That said it is super pretty.

Moving the camera is pretty essential to Monster Hunter.

4 Let's you lock on to monsters so tapping L once centers the camera on them and tapping L twice centers the camera where you are looking. I used that for like, 95% of my camera manipulation playing on an N3DS. And, you can put a touch D-Pad on the right side of the touch screen to use for camera controls if you would like. The c-stick is nice, don't get me wrong, but its more of a edge case thing than something I use frequently in Monster Hunter.

Sssso none of that is anywhere near as nice as having a camera stick

is what you're saying

I guess you could parse it that way but I am also saying I have a 3DS with a camera stick, have put 40 hours into the game, and hardly use the camera stick.

That is what I am literally saying, take what you will from it.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    wyborn speed racer just so you know the Betman and I got mh3 u on Wii u recently, I showed her some of the basics but I'm still a relative beginner as well

i'm in the plains or w/e just killin stuff, but it isn't my wii u so i don't play it super often

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    No I know it is like objectively better having more camera control

But I'm so used to always hitting a button to refocus the camera behind me that it just felt natural at a point for playing Zelda

6F32U1X.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So any of you guys playing the Codename Steam demo?

Anyone want to swap hot strategy tipz?

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular

Let me walk you through the halcyon dayso f my internet youth, when I was arguing with some of the last holdouts of the Single Link Theory on the web

I'm still amazed you and I dealt with the same "Zero Mission is actually the sequel to Metroid I" conspiracy guy on different forums years ago

HOLY SHIT THAT ALSO HAPPENED TO ME AND I WAS SUPER YOUNG

It was my first introduction to an unwinnable argument

edited February 2015
    No I know it is like objectively better having more camera control

But I'm so used to always hitting a button to refocus the camera behind me that it just felt natural at a point for playing Zelda

Oh gotcha

I don't play them often enough to get used to it, the hundreds and hundreds of hours of 3rd person action game training makes me miss the stick so bad

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Playing majoras mask I've honestly found that the automatic camera is good enough that I almost never feel the need to use te c stick

Playing majoras mask I've honestly found that the automatic camera is good enough that I almost never feel the need to use te c stick

I mean I don't have to constantly babysit it

But I do wish it was an option

HOLY SHIT THAT ALSO HAPPENED TO ME AND I WAS SUPER YOUNG

It was my first introduction to an unwinnable argument

I think the craziest early games argument I had was when a friend claimed that megaman and megaman x were the same person

Despite megaman x(game) explicitly stating otherwise

It seemed like it would be so easy to convince him he was wrong!

Unwinnable argument

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    wait so where is megaman during the events of the megaman x series

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »

Probably dead

There was a cataclysm between the two eras

When are they gonna make Megaman 11, they've made like nine Megaman 10 games

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015

Probably dead

There was a cataclysm between the two eras

There's a cutscene in one of the shitty later ones where zero has a flash back to slaughtering dr. Light and a bunch of his robots and one of them looks kind of like mega man classic

Speed Racer on
    is megaman like a legendary hero to megaman x

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular

is the quill a legendary hero to the printing press?

signature.png

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Mega Man was killed by Mega Man. Quint in the GB Mega Man II was Mega Man from the future that Dr. Wily stole and modified in an attempt to beat Mega Man.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Let me share with you my script for my fancomic, Whatever Happened to the Blue Bomber, where Mega Man was kept in a time capsule with the anticipation that he would act as an advisor and confidant for X in the future, but he was never discovered even when X was, so he emerges into a world even worse than the one X did

dN0T6ur.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's my birthday so no one is allowed to say a single bad thing about monster hunter until after midnight

not a SINGLE thing

THIS INCLUDES YOU, NEW PLAYER BETMAN

liEt3nH.png

When they run out of money

So soon

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    So any of you guys playing the Codename Steam demo?

Anyone want to swap hot strategy tipz?

I wrote some stuff in...either the previous thread, or the previous previous thread

basically I think you've gotta learn how to abuse the way the game lets you double back on your movement, and always keep guys with a little bit of overwatch because

A: overwatch that can stun enemies is really good, like maybe the best overwatch has ever been in a tactics game?

and B: there's not really much in the way of cover in the game so it's your best/only defensive option. Plus, your enemies play by the same overwatch rules.

the game doesn't feel like you're meant to get in prolonged firefights, but to figure out ways of ambushing enemies so you can hit their weak points or take them out before they can get a lock on your dudes.

I think even the secondary weapons you unlock after the first few levels (the weaker ones) can stun on overwatch so if you really need to advance but still want to keep some defensive action, just swap to those when you have 2 steam left (or so)

is megaman x a version exclusive mega evolution of man

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

i might be forgetting something but i don't know that x is really even aware of mega man in any real capacity

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    edited February 2015
    Something hit me replaying majoras mask

what if skull kid killed link's horse and the epona you get from the ranch is the alternate universe version of epona

Speed Racer on
    it's my birthday so no one is allowed to say a single bad thing about monster hunter until after midnight

not a SINGLE thing

but wait i like it so far....................

edited February 2015

If "Megaman X" were a character he probably would be. :P

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Mega Man was killed by Mega Man. Quint in the GB Mega Man II was Mega Man from the future that Dr. Wily stole and modified in an attempt to beat Mega Man.

i don't think megaman ever actually killed quint.

No, but Mega Man model ZX is a fusion of Models X and Z who are the evolutions of X and Zero to allow a chosen few participate in a game to rule the world.

When they run out of money

So soon

At this point I believe that Capcom would willingly go bankrupt before they make another Megaman game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

With a moustache?

X? I heard your name once before, X, a long time ago. And now it lingers in my mind like an image from an old dream. I do not know where you are, or by what means you can hear me. But I know you are listening. I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon. And here, at last, I discover a strange truth: that I am only a conduit for a message that eludes my understanding. Who are we, who have been so blessed? To share our stories like this? To speak across centuries? Maybe you will answer all the questions I have asked. Maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »

not a SINGLE thing

NOT A THING

liEt3nH.png

No, but Mega Man model ZX is a fusion of Models X and Z who are the evolutions of X and Zero to allow a chosen few participate in a game to rule the world.

Oh my god what if they incorporate fusions from Pokemon BW2 into Gen VII and you can fuse the version-exclusive megas? Mega Charizard XY...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

The Betman wrote: »

not a SINGLE thing

NOT A THING

yourenotmysupervisor.gif

tumblr_njolymGseh1t9y9cio3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_njolymGseh1t9y9cio1_1280.jpg

6F32U1X.png

Oh my god what if they incorporate fusions from Pokemon BW2 into Gen VII and you can fuse the version-exclusive megas? Mega Charizard XY...

But another Pokémon trainer has to die for your fusion stone to work.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    If anyone is having trouble finding a toon link we still have a shit ton in my town

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Melding wrote: »

i don't think megaman ever actually killed quint.

Hmm, either way, he's removed from the future.

This discussion has been closed.