As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yay, more babby! [Kids]

19495969798100»

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    Raph has pink eye, hi5 ear infection

Yeah, a little too Raph

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Yeah, a little too Raph

tIxEc9j.gif

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm legitimately happy that this thing has taken off, I was hoping when I started the first one that there were other parents around but it's worked out nicely that there's been a baby boom and people have come into the thread. Thanks ya'll!

It's my favorite thread now.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm legitimately happy that this thing has taken off, I was hoping when I started the first one that there were other parents around but it's worked out nicely that there's been a baby boom and people have come into the thread. Thanks ya'll!

It's my favorite thread now.

I stop in this thread daily.

Little guy is doing much better about sleeping through the night. The next step is to get him into his crib so my wife and I can actually sleep in the same bed at the same time again.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For people looking for a (yet another I'm sure) book to read on kids and sleeping, our doctor recommended Weissbluth's "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", persuading us by citing its use of actual experimental data and facts.

We found it pretty useful, even just from an informational standpoint. We had no idea how much sleep babies needed, or how long you should have one awake. Maybe for other people that was easy and obvious, but our baby always stubbornly avoided showing any signs of being tired or overtired, beyond just endless crying. She wasn't colicky, but she definitely wasn't a calm baby either.

Around 4 months we transitioned from rocking her to sleep before putting her down to putting her down while sleepy but awake. While we have our occasional setback, and there's a little bit of crying when she doesn't want to take a nap even when she needs one, it has made a night/day difference in caring for her. She gets more sleep now, because she's learning how to put herself to sleep and stay that way, and she's no longer up for an hour when she's feeding. This results in a much happier baby.

I will take the odd 2 - 5 minutes of crying, and any amount of grumbling or babbling for her to keep learning to put herself to sleep. She's still on 4 naps a day, because she isn't stringing nap sleep together yet, but apparently that's normal up to 5 or 6 months based on neurological development.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

Yeah, a little too Raph

sngL8Qj.gif

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    This thread has been hugely helpful to me.

I don't have kids yet, but we are trying. And I know more now than I did before. And knowing that I will have a support group around if/when the time happens is just amazing.

Also. you guys make amazing kids and it's just fantastic to hear the stories.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    We do stories, lights out, and then snuggle stories. That tradition started out when the third kid was born a d I had to occupy the two year old while he nursed.

We did not really wean, just went with the kids. My oldest daughter made it to 18 months and then just went 'nope' about 1 trimester into the next pregnancy. My middle daughter didn't completely wean until about 3 1/2 or so, but was only nursing at bed time for the last year or so.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Many kids end up weening with the next pregnancy because they don't like colostrum. It has a different taste and feel they aren't used to anymore.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    They talk about a person experiencing something amazing and their eyes widening but I'd always thought it was an exaggeration for comic effect.

Tonight our daughter tried a cheddar bay biscuit and I saw an expression that was entirely new to me. Just raw, unfiltered WANT.

This discussion has been closed.