As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pax East 2015 Solo Attendees!

xpphantomxxpphantomx Registered User regular
edited December 2014 in PAX East
Going to start this thread now for those who are going to pax by themselves. Create meet ups here or just give suggestions for new people going by themselves

xpphantomx on

• Options
    d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    Hi. I go alone every year. Lots of fun to be had. Lots of cool people to meet.

Support the Cookie Brigade!

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    i am going for the 2nd year alone would love to meet up with someone for a party or something like that

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Ras, we never did meet up last year, I am only going on Saturday since I am going to South this year, but if your around Friday Night or Saturday during day, would be awesome to meet up.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    ya man hit me up with your number i am sure I will be around do u plan on going to any parties friday night?

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    If you arrive a few days early, for what ever reason, punzie typically starts a MMT thread each PAX for Wed and Thurs. It a good way to see the city and meet up w/ fellow PAXers. This is what I did for PAX Aus and I had a blast w/ Jazzy and Squire_Pug showing us around town.

You can also do the pokecrawl (participate or volunteer to help) in which case you'll likely to run into someone who knows where the parties will be Friday/Sat.

Unfortunately both of these requires getting to Boston a day before the start of PAX East.

• Options
    acetheriveracetheriver Registered User regular
    I was debating what to do on thursday since I plan on going to boston on that day.

• Options
    darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    I'm going to be going solo as well and I'll be in Boston early on Thursday. Hopefully I can get my early check in request and do some sight seeing

• Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    Solo here as well. Did make a few friends from the dinner last year but it was a bit expensive for what was available for the selection so this year i plan on doing the bar crawl if i can make it.

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options
    The_WardenThe_Warden Registered User new member
    I'm going by myself as well. Still debating if I want to split cost of my room at the Seaport with someone or have it to myself. 800 vs 400 or less is a mighty consideration.

• Options
    xpphantomxxpphantomx Registered User regular
    I went solo last year which was my first time. And I had a great time

• Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    I'll be around saturday solo and to any parties fri or sat, would be great to meet some cool people.

• Options
    BigaceBigace Registered User new member
    I will be there early Thursday. First time attending going to see what I can get into early that morning when I come in. Any ideas?

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Bigace wrote: »
    I will be there early Thursday. First time attending going to see what I can get into early that morning when I come in. Any ideas?
    Magical Mystery tour might be an option, depending on timing.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    AmycusAmycus Registered User regular
    Hello friends!

I usually go with a group of friends, but last year mostly set out solo. This year I'll likely be doing the same (friends were vastly more interested in the outside of PAX parties and such, which is cool and all, but the actual event at the con is way better =D).

I'm always happy to have some company or meet new people, as I consider myself friendly/polite, but I am terrible at just striking up conversations with random people! I love League of Legends, Marvel Heroes, and Hearthstone, and will gladly BS about any of those topics for hours =D

• Options
    SoulairSoulair Registered User regular
    Going on Sunday alone not sure if im gonna cosplay

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'll be soloing it this year for the first time. Would love to meet up!

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    ZombiethebobZombiethebob Registered User new member
    First time going. I, too, shall be going alone. Only on Friday, though. Because PAX was lame and didn't announce when tickets would be sold efficiently.

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    PAX is one of the few places where going solo isn't so bad. As meeting ppl and making friend is pretty easy, just say Hi!

• Options
    grayfawkesgrayfawkes Registered User regular
    This will be my fourth PAX going Solo, as always. Love it everytime.

PAX East 2015:
    3 Single Day Passes [x]
    Hotel [x]
    Flights [x]
    Packed []
    Excitement[x]
    ————————————
    PAX East 12'
    PAX East 13'
    PAX East 14'
    PAX East 15'
  • Options
    hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular
    Going with my son, but he's not interested in anything I am, so I might as well be alone. If you want to game, RPG, board, whatever shoot me a note.

• Options
    miyomiyo Registered User regular
    I am alone and am going to be in Boston before noon due to flight. If I can drop off stuff at my hotel, I might wander over to the aquarium since it's only a few blocks away. Fishes rule.

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    If you're looking for another way to meet people, you should check out the Assassins Ball community game I run! There will be meetups every day and it'll give you a reason to chat up other players you might not have talked to otherwise!

• Options
    millerm277millerm277 Registered User regular
    I'll also be going solo, 4th time attending East. Staying out in Riverside although I don't expect to be there much beyond to sleep.

I usually attend a lot of panels, especially the broader more genre/industry focused ones. (Ex: Roguelikes panel, Effects of DLC panel, etc). Also fond of seafood and don't mind taking time out from the show for going into the city to visit to some of the good restaurants, and I know the city well. So if anyone is looking for someone to go out to eat with, message me.

• Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    I'll be "solo" as well. My son is traveling with me but once we get to the expo he prefers to do his own thing. This will be my third year "alone" but I always have fun and meet a few folks.

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Rolling Solo myself since my group of friends who planned to go didn't got a badge in time. Not too bad since I will be going around the convention center recording Cosplays for a Cosplay Music Video and my Youtube Channel. I am willing to meet up with other people though.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm a solo attendee! First time at PAX, and in fact, first time at any kind of convention. I'm a bit intimidated, but it sounds like it'll be a great way to meet people and make some new friends!

I'm coming for the full weekend, but I'm also interested in doing some sightseeing in Boston- are there some sightseeing groups?

• Options
    marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    There's the PAX Magical Mystery Tour which is organised for Wednesday and Thursday before PAX.

• Options
    littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, that looks amazing! I may have to consider coming in early.

• Options
    BeastybunnyBeastybunny San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I am coming solo as well. I'm in Boston for 8 days to do sight seeing. I love Boston. Just hope it is a little less snowy by the time I arrive. :P

• Options
    SneetherSneether Registered User regular
    A Local of Massachusetts here going for Sunday Only

• Options
    GHOST.OneGHOST.One Registered User regular
    Going alone this year as well, finally won't argue with people in what line should we wait.

• Options
    koreofmythkoreofmyth Registered User new member
    I'm a local - first time at Pax and also going by myself! I'll be there for all three days and am up for meeting up prior/during etc!

• Options
    dominion500dominion500 Registered User new member
    Going alone! I'm only going to be there on Sunday, but I'll be swag-crawling. PM me for a phone number!

• Options
    melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    I love the Mystery Tour. It's a great way to be a tourist and possibly meet new friends. I'll be touring with my son but we usually part ways once PAX starts and I'm on my own.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    My mind has completely shut down...posted in wrong thread.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    OutaSyncOutaSync Registered User new member
    Got my badges today! I'm solo again this time also went in 2013. I am arriving on Tuesday and plan to do the tourist thing. I will also try to do some if not all the MMT one or both days depending on the stops they settle on.

• Options
    ElzemereElzemere BostonRegistered User regular
    Another solo local going on Friday and Sunday. Also looking to get in on the Pre-Pax Dinner on Thurs.

• Options
    yolomcswaggytotsyolomcswaggytots Registered User regular
    I'm heading solo, but only attending Friday and Sunday. I'm a local of boston, born and raised. I'm 14 tho so keep that

• Options
    marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    This is my third PAX East solo. My friends fail to see the brilliance of PAX, so would never travel over from Europe. That actually doesn't matter, as I always meet up with a fantastic group of people at the various pre-PAX events.

• Options
    Mysterious Nut BreadMysterious Nut Bread Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    My third solo PAX , though now I live in the area. I have a badge only for Friday and would enjoy meeting new people at PAX on that day and also outside the Convention.