As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Steam Holiday Miracle is over!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Pay-What-You-Want deal for Coin Crypt. At least $1 gets you a Steam key, beat the average to get the developer's previous games (Sling It! and Perfection), $6 or more for Retro/Grade and a MYSTERY GAME that will be revealed. 10% of proceeds goes to Philabundance to help the hungry in/around Philadelphia.
    It's a neat little roguelite thing, which uses a collectible card game style combat system. Instead of cards, you use coins you find around the dungeon and you take from enemies you defeat.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Not even a week left until I can experience Homeworld for the first time. And it's all prettied up!
    I'm excited.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Not even a week left until I can experience Homeworld for the first time. And it's all prettied up!
    I'm excited.

yes and then you hit that goddamned toxic waste nebula with a time limit

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    I remember one day in 1999 I went to HMV and bought Homeworld; when I got it home it loaded nary but a blank screen and so I took it back to the shop, and there I did exchange it for Half-Life. Sometime in 2008 I finally stopped playing Counter Strike.

I never did play Homeworld, so it's about time that was rectified.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Just finished Shadowrun: Dragonfall. That was a really good game. A significant improvement on their first attempt.

I'm not sure if any of the choices I ended up making were good ones, though. Of course, that's probably the point.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    I'm excited.

I don't know what that means yet, but I'll keep it in mind!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'm excited.

I preordered the collector's edition way back in May of last year and I'm pretty excited. I don't usually care about that sort of stuff but this looks really great.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the world of shadowrun is perfect for making difficult choices because you can't just weigh "well this will make me paragon or renegade". instead you have all these different frequently self conflicting goals going on- greed, self preservation, and playing with your expectations on what actually is the 'right' thing. there is one choice I did know immediately was the best option for pretty much everyone including myself
    deleting APEX

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    the world of shadowrun is perfect for making difficult choices because you can't just weigh "well this will make me paragon or renegade". instead you have all these different frequently self conflicting goals going on- greed, self preservation, and playing with your expectations on what actually is the 'right' thing. there is one choice I did know immediately was the best option for pretty much everyone including myself
    deleting APEX
    Yeah but if you don't delete it then you can give it control over Feuerschwinge's body in the end.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    deleting APEX
    Yeah but if you don't delete it then you can give it control over Feuerschwinge's body in the end.
    which is a terrible, terrible thing to do

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    fuck APEX

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I freed APEX but did not go along with its plan for Feuerschwinge

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I'm excited.

I preordered the collector's edition way back in May of last year and I'm pretty excited. I don't usually care about that sort of stuff but this looks really great.

I got too much on my plate to play it anytime soon, but I pre-ordered anyway because I didn't want to be the guy who begged someone to re-release something for years then didn't get it right away.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    APEX
    I just imagined what my reaction would be if the orc at the beginning had killed Monica, then showed up at the end wearing her skin and saying "Yo it's me Monica I need your help don't kill me".

Fuck APEX.

• Options
    APEX
    I just imagined what my reaction would be if the orc at the beginning had killed Monica, then showed up at the end wearing her skin and saying "Yo it's me Monica I need your help don't kill me".

Fuck APEX.

i have that dvd.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh don't get me wrong
    APEX and Feuerschwinge were one and the same when I played, but that's just because I murdered the both of them.

• Options
    Oh don't get me wrong
    APEX and Feuerschwinge were one and the same when I played, but that's just because I murdered the both of them.

see the issue with that is
    Firewing isn't evil. she just kinda broke when she awoke in the 6th world and found the world in such ruin that she went ballistic and started setting everything on fire.

If you came home and found your house invested with ants, you'd probably fumigate.

APEX you can also say isn't evil, it was just a tool used to protect with lethal force. However, APEX being entirely alien has no regard for life to begin with. it is obsessed with the flux state and will continue to kill to maintain what it sees as the ideal for it.

firewing on the other hand just wants to fuck off until the next age because the 6th age is too far gone.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong

Firewing isn't evil. she just kinda broke when she awoke in the 6th world and found the world in such ruin that she went ballistic and started setting everything on fire.

If you came home and found your house invested with ants, you'd probably fumigate.

APEX you can also say isn't evil, it was just a tool used to protect with lethal force. However, APEX being entirely alien has no regard for life to begin with. it is obsessed with the flux state and will continue to kill to maintain what it sees as the ideal for it.

firewing on the other hand just wants to fuck off until the next age because the 6th age is too far gone.
    I couldn't trust her not to destroy Berlin. It was my home, and she was too dangerous. It was too great a risk.

• Options
    Oh don't get me wrong

I couldn't trust her not to destroy Berlin. It was my home, and she was too dangerous. It was too great a risk.

well, i hope you don't regret that when the horrors come. their heralds are already among us.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Oh don't get me wrong

Yeah, would've been great to have gotten an inkling of any of that throughout the whole game. All I got was they were both shit and a danger to their surroundings so they got annihilated.
    I wrote a bit in the G&T thread about how it would've been cool to
    sort of impart a human morality onto APEX, it going "Whoa, shit: This is new stuff to me but I see your point!"
    It would've made the "release APEX" pill a little easier to swallow than "we just let an omnipotent malevolence go loose into the 'net".

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Half-dream and his associate will sometimes drop some relevant knowledge on you.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong

Yeah, would've been great to have gotten an inkling of any of that throughout the whole game. All I got was they were both shit and a danger to their surroundings so they got annihilated.
    sort of impart a human morality onto APEX, it going "Whoa, shit: This is new stuff to me but I see your point!"
    It would've made the "release APEX" pill a little easier to swallow than "we just let an omnipotent malevolence go loose into the 'net".

Dragonfall spoilers:
    Yeah, letting APEX live is, like, the only decision I would redo if I had the chance, because it doesn't seem like there's ANY upside to doing that.

Unlike every other choice being grey as hell.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    I'll agree on SR/DF indeed doing a generally great job with the decisionmaking in the games, and I think the setting easily supports that "gradient" sort of good/evil shit. Stuff you do with the best intentions may very well have fucked up indirect consequences. Can't make everyone happy all the time.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong

Dragonfall spoilers:
    Yeah, letting APEX live is, like, the only decision I would redo if I had the chance, because it doesn't seem like there's ANY upside to doing that.

Isn't the upside that it completely smashes a lot of the final mission security for you ahead of time?

The grey comes from it potentially increases your hopes of surviving that assault on their base.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong

Dragonfall spoilers:

Isn't the upside that it completely smashes a lot of the final mission security for you ahead of time?

The grey comes from it potentially increases your hopes of surviving that assault on their base.
    I think there's also the matter of the mindstates preserved by APEX. Destroying APEX destroys them as well and all.
    (also I kinda just like AI and didn't wanna kill what I was pretty sure the first one in the 'verse)

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I wish I had more opportunities for local co-op. Some of those look like they would be fun.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Contagion has one of the most interesting deathmatch modes (called Hunted) I've encountered. Everyone spawns with a pistol and melee weapon and you have to scavenge for better weapons. When you die, you come back as a zombie (and continue to respawn as such) and hunt the remaining players.

Sound is incredibly important. If you're in the same house as someone, you can hear them opening and closing doors, letting you set up an ambush. In addition, you can bring up a phone to see which players are nearby and even ping them so they make a sound, but they'll hear yours do the same.

There are also some fun coop modes that play a lot like the subway map from Zombie Panic Source (same team), but Hunted is the real star of the game.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Okay, my lovelies, I need your assistance.
    As suspected, the Kane & Lynch games have been added to the humblebundle. Now, since I'm most likely to receive a censored key, I'd like one of you guys, who's got that key to spare, to trade with me (obviously you should not be residing in either Germany or Japan)!
    Humble stuff I still have:
    Blackwell 1-3
    Fieldrunners 1&2
    Breach & Clear
    Broken Sword Director's Cut
    Cubemen 1&2
    Duke3D
    Shadow Warrior
    Fieldrunners 1&2
    Frozen Synapse (plus an extra MP key)
    GRID 1&2
    PixelJunk Eden
    Quest of Dungeons
    SpaceChem
    Terraria

pick whatever you deem acceptable and hit me up :3

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    I've been playing entirely too much of The Escapists lately, but I still can't actually escape the first prison.
    Every time, I'll get all built up over the course of a few days, getting tons of stuff that will help with my break-out. Then I'll suddenly make one tiny mistake and BAM it's all gone.

Like this most recent try. Got about 9 days into it. Had a bunch of stuff hidden both in the vents (with a paper mache vent cover) and behind my cell (hidden by a poster). Got myself a guard's outfit, some wire cutters, an electric screwdriver, etc. Every time I would need to do something illicit in the vents to make some progress, I'd throw some sheets on my cell walls, and if it was night I would put a fake body into my bed.

And then as I'm making my way back to bed, I leave the ventilation system and cover it up with my fake vent cover. Then I grab my fake body, and start to hide it behind the poster, and a guard barely walks by and sees no one in the cell. Busted. Back to solitary. Again. Godamnit.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Flashbacks to 30 years ago, playing Escape from Colditz.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    ATTENTION CANADIANS:

YOU KEEP LOCKING THE TRUNKS ON YOUR VEHICLES.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP BECAUSE I CANNOT SURVIVE THE CANADIAN WILDERNESS IN THE LONG DARK WITHOUT ACCESS.

IF YOU THINK PRYBARS ARE EVERYWHWERE, THEN YOU ARE WRONG.

PLEASE TO BE GIVING ME ACCESS TO THE JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A PLEASANT DAY.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    whatchu gonna do with all that junk

all that junk up in that trunk

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sell it at the flea market

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    whatchu gonna do with all that junk

all that junk up in that trunk

Hopefully find more prybars and non-renewable resources.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Gonna use that junk. Gonna use that junk to get outta this....funk?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    use the funky junk to get out of that junky funk

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Ahhhhh I bought a 27 inch PLS monitor and it is huuuuge!

This discussion has been closed.