As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] Do you guys like gelato? I do. I could go for one of those right now.

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited March 2015 in Social Entropy++
Comedy Bang! Bang!: The Podcast
0.jpg
Join host Scott Aukerman (“Comedy Bang! Bang!” on IFC, “Mr. Show”) for a weekly podcast that blends conversation and character work from today’s funniest comedians. While Scott begins by traditionally interviewing the celebrities, the open-door policy means an assortment of eccentric oddballs can pop by at any moment to chat, compete in games, and engage in comic revelry. With all that, and regular bonus episodes, we bet your favorite part will still be the plugs!
Hosted by Scott Aukerman
Featuring guests like Paul F. Tompkins, Nick Kroll, and Horatio Sanz

The Flop House
Flophouse_cover1.jpeg
Elliott Kalan, Dan McCoy, and Stuart Wellington are friends who’ve decided to express that friendship not by doing productive or enjoyable things, but instead by watching critical or commercial flops, and then discussing those terrible movies for you to enjoy in your ear-holes. Although, honestly, most of the time they just talk about random bullshit.
Hosted by Dan McCoy, Elliott Kalan, & Stuart Wellington
Featuring guests like Hallie Haglund, Jessica Williams, and Wyatt Cenac

Giant Bombcast
mza_3809895227079259314.600x600-75.jpg
The Giant Bomb staff discuss the latest video game news and new releases, taste-test questionable beverages, and get wildly off-topic in this weekly podcast.
Hosted by Brad Shoemaker
Featuring regulars like Jeff Gerstmann, Dan Ryckert, & Drew Scanlon

My Brother, My Brother and Me
MBMBAM_Update_67.jpg
My Brother, My Brother and Me is an advicecast for the modern era featuring three real-life brothers: Justin, Travis and Griffin McElroy. For roughly five-sixths of an hour each week, with new episodes dropping every Monday, the brothers McElroy will answer any query sent our way, each fielding questions falling into our respective areas of expertise. We operate like a streamlined, advice-generating machine. It’s both terrifying and humbling to behold.
Hosted by Justin, Griffin, & Travis McElroy
Featuring guests like Bill Corbett, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Elizabeth Gilbert

U Talkin' U2 to Me?
EAR_UTalkinU2ToMe_Cover_C2-300x300.jpg
In anticipation of U2’s latest album release, Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) and Scott Aukerman (Comedy Bang! Bang!) come together as superfan Adam Scott Aukerman to discuss the music and impact of the band. Listen in as these friends cover everything from Boy to Breaking Wave (every single last one, that is), and reveal a little something about themselves along the way.
Hosted by Adam Scott & Scott Aukerman

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    where the FUCK is sailor business

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    You know I think this is an episode of Talkin' 'Bout Money

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I'm reposting this because vinny is the best

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    "A dad outside Forever 21" is actually pretty evocative

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    http://havochq.itch.io/commanderryckert

This deserves no comment.

sig.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This episode of I Was There Too with Paul Rust about Inglourious Basterds is fascinating

Turns out Quentin Tarantino is really good at running a set

6F32U1X.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    continuing my quest through late 2013 bombcasts, and I've hit the point where they're talkng about gtaV

dang I really want to play an open world game with the same level of detail as gtaV but without all the gross bullshit

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    This episode of I Was There Too with Paul Rust about Inglourious Basterds is fascinating

Turns out Quentin Tarantino is really good at running a set

I had no idea Paul Rust was involved with that movie

I'm trying to imagine him foisting New No-Nos upon like Brad Pitt, and it's unspeakably funny to me

I knew it at some point and forgot

He was one of the Basterds, even!

Also Samm Levine was in it but a couple years of Doug Loves Movies listening caused me to enforce a "no Samm Levine episodes" policy

6F32U1X.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The fact that they bill U Talkin' U2 To Me as hosted by "Adam Scott Aukerman" speaks to my soul.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Oh my god Justin McElroy made a joke in poor taste (which he apologized for immediately after) about Robin Williams killing himself

on June 23rd

which was a month and a half before he did it

sig.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Via Dan Ryckert's Twitter I have discovered http://www.rageon.com/ which has the most incredible collection of dumb hideous clothing I've ever seen

Also seems hella illegal since they have a dancing Charmander on every page and Disney and Simpsons characters smoking dat herb

CYpGAPn.png
    Illegal clothing is friggin everywhere

Its kinda weird how prevalent it is

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    It seems to be the one avenue of piracy that copyright holders have very little stake in taking down.

Like what are you gonna do, court order people to burn their clothes? You can't stop someone from printing Bart Simpson on a t-shirt anyway, the expense of shutting them down probably just isn't worth it.

sig.gif
    china don't care

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I've finally had enough of the adds on the Bombcast and have added the premium to Pocket Casts. They're not bad per say I'm just tired of having them interrupt the discussion, and having to look down at my phone while I'm driving to fast forward through them.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Cormac wrote: »
    I've finally had enough of the adds on the Bombcast and have added the premium to Pocket Casts. They're not bad per say I'm just tired of having them interrupt the discussion, and having to look down at my phone while I'm driving to fast forward through them.

What are you

sig.gif
    If it was flipped, I would pay extra to have the ads put in.

sig.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Someone doesn't want UNLIMITED ANIME

CYpGAPn.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'd have to agree that the ads have been pretty boring lately. But maybe they'll get that crunchyroll promotion back.

august on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    LOOK AT THIS!

GABON0015U_Princess_Ice_Cream_Space_Cat_Mockup_large.jpg?v=1416332844

LOOK AT IT!

It's like watching hope die.

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited February 2015
    The adds have been really boring Square Space and I think Nature Box adds. It feels like nearly every podcast I listen to has ads for for Square Space and one less add regardless of who's doing it sounds good to me.

That said, I'd like to hear what the Bombcast with Vinny and Jeff doing a Me Undies add would be. Probably fucking amazing.

Cormac on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I also recently switched to the premium version. The ads are generally pretty boring without Small Business Man.

I don't know how you can say the ads aren't great when we're only 16 days removed from "Alone, out on the street, with the brigands that deliver amateur flowers."

sig.gif
    Me undies is an absolutely fucking alien idea to me

Someone is going to sell me 25 dollar underwear

And then have the balls to tell me that's half off what id pay elsewhere

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Those are some undiehanded sales tactics.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I knew it at some point and forgot

He was one of the Basterds, even!

Also Samm Levine was in it but a couple years of Doug Loves Movies listening caused me to enforce a "no Samm Levine episodes" policy

Aww I love lil Wolverine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've been fast forwarding through them for the past few weeks, so I'm blissfully unaware of whatever adds of things of no interest to me I've missed. If the last good add was two weeks ago then I definitely haven't missed anything.

turtleant wrote: »
    LOOK AT THIS!

GABON0015U_Princess_Ice_Cream_Space_Cat_Mockup_large.jpg?v=1416332844

LOOK AT IT!

It's like watching hope die.

looks like a cat wearing a tiara and a bunch of ice cream to me

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Me undies is an absolutely fucking alien idea to me

Someone is going to sell me 25 dollar underwear

And then have the balls to tell me that's half off what id pay elsewhere
    Yeah...like I said last thread, it seems like the kind of thing I would praise effusively if I got them for free, but there is no fucking way I'm paying $21 for some underwear.

Cormac wrote: »
    I've been fast forwarding through them for the past few weeks, so I'm blissfully unaware of whatever adds of things of no interest to me I've missed. If the last good add was two weeks ago then I definitely haven't missed anything.

They've all been good. The last one to make me have to stop, walking through a snowstorm, to catch my breath because I was laughing too hard, was two weeks ago.

sig.gif
    edited February 2015
    Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    woah what the fuck, no

seriously?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    holy shit what

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    this is basically the worst

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    dang

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    At first I thought that this was some weird U Talkin' U2 to Me callback joke.

And now I am depressed.

Jeez

That really sucks

Sounds like he was in and out of rehab

This discussion has been closed.