As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons]: Neptune in your REM, killing your happiness

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Just me or does anyone else find it odd that the hardest ultimate evo materials are going to be used on the starter dragons instead of some of the other gods...

I have everything to ultimate Venus, if I had one.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    venus does not seem terrible, but I doubt I would use her as a leader.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    With Gungho releasing that Pad X Mario game for the 3DS, it makes me wish they'd stop with this microtransaction stuff, release a bunch of versions of the game for the handheld and sell $texas amounts of it.

They could do an Egyptian, Norse, 3Kingdoms, Collab collection 1/2/3 etc a la pokemon red, green et al.
    You'd want to get a bunch of different versions to get all the cards and just make the dungeons super hard, very rare drops, etc. I'd actually buy that. Maybe introduce real 2 player modes over WiFi of some kind instead of just the friend leader system. They wouldn't even have to introduce trading if they didn't want to.

I know the current setup is a hugely successful business model for them, and they make like 2 trillion dollars/second or some ludicrous amount and mobile devices are much more ubiquitous than handheld consoles, but I just don't see myself ever spending money on this... it's just gambling disguised as a game right now, which is too bad because it's really very fun. Oh well :/

My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    There's a lot of strategery involved in building teams and figuring out how to beat harder descends. Also, the skill to make the matches you need for various teams. Gambling is a huge aspect of it, but it's not the only one.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Smoogy wrote: »
    There's a lot of strategery involved in building teams and figuring out how to beat harder descends. Also, the skill to make the matches you need for various teams. Gambling is a huge aspect of it, but it's not the only one.

Oh, for sure, you're absolutely right, otherwise the game wouldn't be fun at all - that's the shame of it to me. The mechanics are hugely fun, team building is incredibly deep and rewarding. I usually support developers with that sort of thing - I've bought skins for League, cosmetic stuff for Dota, probably spent about 100$ on Hearthstone over time. The gambling aspect ( plus other time sink issues) just turn me off from spending money. I want to show the team they have an amazing game on their hand, and I'd fork it over much more willingly if they released stand alone products.

My padherder
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Work has been busier than planned so I didn't get a chance to do the whole song, and the image is a tad crude but, here goes.

79h0r422jufx.jpg

No one flails like 38th,
    No one fails like 38th,
    No ones teams are as stale as 38th,
    For there's no one in thread as bad at matching.
    Although in your defense;
    From the golden dragon no Ronias are hatching.
    How does Spoit have 3 it makes no sense!

No one's been like 38th
    A hoarder like 38th
    No one has been submerged in stones to their shoulder like 38th

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Any reference to Gaston/Beauty and the Beast is epic in my book.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

I may or may not have requested that I get to name any male children Gaston on the grounds that how awesome would it be to constantly be able to say no one verbs like Gaston, but its a tough sale.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh god.

The new info.

There's so much I can't take it all in at once.

So much great art.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    38thDoe wrote: »

I may or may not have requested that I get to name any male children Gaston on the grounds that how awesome would it be to constantly be able to say no one verbs like Gaston, but its a tough sale.

So much money needed for eggs though...similar to PAD ;)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    I hope they are only doing ff7 and ff10 for the collab because my wallet cant take it otherwise.
    Or just not bring it over to North America and I'd feel better.
    Link

• Options
    Adellios wrote: »
    I hope they are only doing ff7 and ff10 for the collab because my wallet cant take it otherwise.
    Or just not bring it over to North America and I'd feel better.
    Link

If it makes you feel more secure with your money, the Crystal Chronicle collab was one of the very first, and it has never made it over so odds are not great. Some of the monsters in there were really cool at the time, green poison etc. I know we have a lot more options now, but that was a very fun dungeon. The art style and music were awesome also.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    If Final Fantasy VI was in the REM, I would not stop until I had Edgar, Ceres, Shadow, Locke, Setzer...wait, who am I kidding? I wouldn't stop until I had them all.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    VI is by far my favorite. I've played through it so many times. I'm sad that they didn't put the enhanced version on steam yet.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I never played VI. I wish I had the time to play the phone version.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I never played VI. I wish I had the time to play the phone version.

6 is amazing - arguably the greatest villain in video game history, iconic moments (opera house wat), a meaningful story-line, memorable heroes, clever dialogue, superbly scored. Take the time, totally worth it!

My padherder
  • Options
    You should probably rectify that ASAP! VI and FFTactics are my favorite games of all time, for sure. I mean, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana are right there too. Damn, I miss the SNES.

/hijacked

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Since we're tangenting (you're welcome!), I'm about 80% done building a RPi retro console station for my friend's birthday. It's been fun learning that shit. Really, the next step is adding ROMs. Kids and life are getting in my way of finishing.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Ult Pandora hyyyyyype.

Also apparently I should play FFVI?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    It's really good

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Anyone have Zeus they can put up?
    You should probably rectify that ASAP! VI and FFTactics are my favorite games of all time, for sure. I mean, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana are right there too. Damn, I miss the SNES.

/hijacked

You have good taste! I'm sure you forgot Super Mario RPG by your icon. I may have switched to that one if you didn't claim it, I love Bowser. SNES had so many great games though it was hard to go wrong. Super Metroid, Castlevania, Shadowrun, E.V.O., Ogre Battle, Actraiser, FF IV, Mystic Quest (Alright crappy RPG, but the puzzles and some of the music were great), 7th Saga (just kidding screw you 7th Saga).

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    Just me or does anyone else find it odd that the hardest ultimate evo materials are going to be used on the starter dragons instead of some of the other gods...

I have everything to ultimate Venus, if I had one.

It's odd, but I imagine that their logic is that they have a lot of low level casual players sitting on dragon fruits and orbs that they happened to acquire from the PEM and have no use for, so they're giving them something to spend those on.

• Options
    It would be kind of nice to have a reason to keep our starters, too.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Screw Cloud and Yuna. Give me a Terra card that evolves into esper form, a Figaro brothers card, and a dungeon with Ultros invades.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    And here I thought you'd request Leo and Kefka.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Personally, I'd like a Fairy Tail Collab.

• Options

But then I might IAP.

Natsu would take all my money.

Happy would steal it and buy fish.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Dunno if I'd want a FairyTail Collab. The artwork the artist did in Terra Battle isn't up to my high otaku standard

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Zhao Yun is such an odd card. The unevolved version works with one Liu Bei, while the evolved version works with the other. If you want to take advantage of the TPAs you have to give up the ability to awaken him.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    And here I thought you'd request Leo and Kefka.

Kefka would naturally be a dungeon boss. But what I also would really like to see is a Celes card and maybe a Biggs + Wedge card in Magitek Armor.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular

If we're doing this for me it's One Piece or bust.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »

OR bust?

Have you seen Oda's art lately?

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    for the record legend zhao yun is pretty straightforward with a ama/odin. i did it with double grav, double MS, with an attacker ama.

only iffy spot was the divinegon but the ama i used only was like +4 so i reckon if i had a 38th ama it would have been less of an issue

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyone have Zeus they can put up?

/hijacked

You have good taste! I'm sure you forgot Super Mario RPG by your icon. I may have switched to that one if you didn't claim it, I love Bowser. SNES had so many great games though it was hard to go wrong. Super Metroid, Castlevania, Shadowrun, E.V.O., Ogre Battle, Actraiser, FF IV, Mystic Quest (Alright crappy RPG, but the puzzles and some of the music were great), 7th Saga (just kidding screw you 7th Saga).

I did fail to include Super Mario RPG. It's one of the great tragedies of my youth that I sold this game to a friend for $20 when I was in late middle school :( Geno for life! Good pickup on the Bowser avatar though, hehe.

I like Mystic Quest myself as well! I know it gets a lot of hate, but it's awesome. And I only played FFIV on an emulator and never finished it, but what a great story and characters too. Ogre Battle = also a classic.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Eh, probably worth it for the lower cooldown. CTW takes FOREVER to charge up, and that means I can focus the rest of the skill up guys on yomi

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I actually view Fairy Tail as sort of a guilty pleasure, because it's just as bad as most other major anime. It has a lot of potential that's untapped, if I'm honest, I'd like to see a fight where Natsu actually uses his brain instead of pulling infinite power out of his ass.

Oh well.

• Options
    for the record legend zhao yun is pretty straightforward with a ama/odin. i did it with double grav, double MS, with an attacker ama.

only iffy spot was the divinegon but the ama i used only was like +4 so i reckon if i had a 38th ama it would have been less of an issue

I'm only an @ away!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

I actually view Fairy Tail as sort of a guilty pleasure, because it's just as bad as most other major anime. It has a lot of potential that's untapped, if I'm honest, I'd like to see a fight where Natsu actually uses his brain instead of pulling infinite power out of his ass.

Oh well.

I just like the vast amount of creativity in designs and powers.

The stories are terrible, but the power sets are pure joy.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Oh well.

I just like the vast amount of creativity in designs and powers.

The stories are terrible, but the power sets are pure joy.
    Let me see if I can think of a better franchise for collab potential.

Yu Yu Hakusho or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure would probably result in IAP.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Spoit wrote: »

Eh, probably worth it for the lower cooldown. CTW takes FOREVER to charge up, and that means I can focus the rest of the skill up guys on yomi

Though it is 6 second CTW instead of 10 - some people on the normal PAD forums are griping about this. I personally think it's probably enough time, particularly with some Shynpees to skill it up.

I would go for a Gundam Wing collab, if we're taking it back old school. Hell, fire up some Sailor Moon! Toonami uniiiiiiiite!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

This discussion has been closed.