As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Ultimate Marvel] thread

1151617181921»

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Honestly, everytime I hear someone say they think Marvel is getting rid of Peter and putting Miles in the main suit, it kind of irritates me because I grew up with Peter. But the way you explained it really makes sense if they can do it right. We have seen Peter do everything and Miles is definitely awesome, so I'm completely OK with seeing Peter fight every now and again in big battles with the Avengers, and watching Miles grow up and evolve as Spidey. Is that something you hope happens, or has Marvel confirmed it? I haven't really been following this soft "reboot" because I'm getting pretty tired of Marvel/DC hitting the reset button, and they're both doing it again.

Marvel has never had a reboot, and still isn't.

Not exactly true. Marvel tried the reboot deal with Heroes Reborn, and fan backlash was so great they undid it after only a few months. But, for those few months, they did have a reboot.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Honestly, everytime I hear someone say they think Marvel is getting rid of Peter and putting Miles in the main suit, it kind of irritates me because I grew up with Peter. But the way you explained it really makes sense if they can do it right. We have seen Peter do everything and Miles is definitely awesome, so I'm completely OK with seeing Peter fight every now and again in big battles with the Avengers, and watching Miles grow up and evolve as Spidey. Is that something you hope happens, or has Marvel confirmed it? I haven't really been following this soft "reboot" because I'm getting pretty tired of Marvel/DC hitting the reset button, and they're both doing it again.

Marvel has never had a reboot, and still isn't.

Not exactly true. Marvel tried the reboot deal with Heroes Reborn, and fan backlash was so great they undid it after only a few months. But, for those few months, they did have a reboot.

Technically the ultimate universe is totally a reboot; it's just one that exists alongside the original instead of replacing it.