As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    I'm hoping that whoever purchased tickets for the Sanshee party gets their money back! :x It says on their flyer that "ticket sales final and no refunds" :? Good luck folks!
    Glad I decided NOT to go...whew! 8-)

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    laughingsaintlaughingsaint Registered User regular
    Harmonix will be selling their second wave of tickets for their party on 3/7 tomorrow afternoon.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    From what I have heard they are offering refunds to get the refund get in touch with events@exclusivelynep.com I assume just send them a copy of the reciept and they will refund your credit card. Also if you decided to instead your sanshee ticket can be used instead for the 8bit party or the indies need booze party. I have been told by the guy that is running those two events that they will accept sanshee tickets at the door no problems at all. I am not sure how it would work if you got a vip ticket that is something you would have to look into. However these are your two options. I was planning on buying a 8bit ticket anyway so that works for me. Hopefully something else comes about for saturday cause at this point there really is nothing.

• Options
    gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    From what I have heard they are offering refunds to get the refund get in touch with events@exclusivelynep.com I assume just send them a copy of the reciept and they will refund your credit card. Also if you decided to instead your sanshee ticket can be used instead for the 8bit party or the indies need booze party. I have been told by the guy that is running those two events that they will accept sanshee tickets at the door no problems at all. I am not sure how it would work if you got a vip ticket that is something you would have to look into. However these are your two options. I was planning on buying a 8bit ticket anyway so that works for me. Hopefully something else comes about for saturday cause at this point there really is nothing.

I can't tell you 100% for sure yet but most likely Dave who is helping run 8Bit and my event will most likely be giving out drink tickets for anyone who purchased the VIP pass.

• Options
    H2O Acidic wrote: »
    Tickets are selling fast so here is the big news for anyone coming to Indies Need Booze. Adult Swim Games, and 3D Realms are now sponsors behind our event. This means even more swag for all our guests!

First 250 people will be getting a game code to Cubicity by Bubble Head Games, one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one game code from Indie Game Stand and one button from 3D Realms.

First 300 people will be getting one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, one game code from Indie Game Stand, and one button from 3D Realms

First 350 people will be getting one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one button from 3D Realms.

First 400 people get one game code from Adult Swim Games.

Also here is a list of all the games we are adding to be playable at our event!

Black Ice
    Chariot
    Worlds of REM
    Duck Game
    Rain World

You're going to help me with those 250 codes, right? (haha)

Also yes I'll be stuffing bags with all the codes in them. The way it works is once you get in you'll receive the bag with all the goodies.

• Options
    SansheeSanshee Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Yes the Sanshee Party has been cancelled.

Yes Exclusively NEP will be giving refunds.

We will make a formal announcement tomorrow.

In the meantime I'm just going to feel really sad about it. I look forward to this party more than anything, and cancelling was not an easy decision.

Sanshee on
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    so sorry for what i said earlier but looks like eventbrite automatically refunded the sanshee tickets so I can no longer say if they will be at the door or not you would have to email someone and see. I know I got a email saying the amount has been refunded and I can expect the money back into my account withen 4 bussiness days.

• Options
    SansheeSanshee Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    so sorry for what i said earlier but looks like eventbrite automatically refunded the sanshee tickets so I can no longer say if they will be at the door or not you would have to email someone and see. I know I got a email saying the amount has been refunded and I can expect the money back into my account withen 4 bussiness days.

Insult to injury, Eventbrite doesn't have a "Bulk refund" function, so you have to manually refund each person.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Devereaux wrote: »
    I'm hoping that whoever purchased tickets for the Sanshee party gets their money back! :x It says on their flyer that "ticket sales final and no refunds" :? Good luck folks!

On Facebook, Dave chimed in (to the Pax East Parties group): They are offering a choice of full refund, or admission to one of the other two parties.

He also said they're working on figuring out EXACTLY how to handle VIP pass stuff, but it will likely involve a free drink and MAYBE some other "free stuff".

While the situation obviously sucks for everyone involved (INCLUDING the organizers), they look to be handling it like champs, so far!!

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    giantry wrote: »
    anybody have any experience with the made in MA party?

I've gone twice and it's real clique-y. May just be my experience

• Options

also if you're looking for a PAX 3 days pass you have a chance to win a free one.
    We'll be holding a Street Fighter tournament ($5 entry) on March 1st and the grand prize will be a 3 Day PAX pass.

for next year?

• Options
    FredoukenFredouken NHRegistered User regular
    Sanshee wrote: »

In the meantime I'm just going to feel really sad about it. I look forward to this party more than anything, and cancelling was not an easy decision.

This has been my favorite party, and the highlight of my PAX East experience, for the past 2 years. I really hope you guys have a booth, cause I miss Steve and Artie...

• Options
    FredoukenFredouken NHRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Oops, double post... that's how sad I am.

Fredouken on
  • Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular

also if you're looking for a PAX 3 days pass you have a chance to win a free one.
    We'll be holding a Street Fighter tournament ($5 entry) on March 1st and the grand prize will be a 3 Day PAX pass.

for next year?
    for this year.

• Options
    pilferk wrote: »
    Devereaux wrote: »

On Facebook, Dave chimed in (to the Pax East Parties group): They are offering a choice of full refund, or admission to one of the other two parties.

He also said they're working on figuring out EXACTLY how to handle VIP pass stuff, but it will likely involve a free drink and MAYBE some other "free stuff".

While the situation obviously sucks for everyone involved (INCLUDING the organizers), they look to be handling it like champs, so far!!

Yeah Dave does really good work!

• Options
    Rappak wrote: »

for next year?
    for this year.

but it's the sunday night after pax...

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

for next year?
    for this year.

Then I'm sure it's safe to assume it will be for next year.

• Options
    edited February 2015

for next year?
    for this year.

Um, no it's not.

"We'll be holding a Street Fighter tournament ($5 entry) on March 1st and the grand prize will be a 3 Day PAX pass."

March 1st is the sunday night BEFORE Pax.

pilferk on
  • Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    I believe I read that they are holding a tournament prior to this PAX East on March 1st for the 2015 ticket giveaway, separate from the Sunday event.

• Options
    Dave just posted, on Facebook, that the decision was made to just refund ALL the Sanshee party ticket buyers. So if you want to go to Indies need booze or 8 bit 2...buy those tickets!!

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    For anyone who was able to buy Wave 1 tickets for the Harmonix party, were you able to buy more than one or is it one per costumer? I want my friend to be ready to buy his own in case I cant but for him.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular
    That's correct. The Phoenix landing double tap event is doing it the Sunday before pax. Dan is just a dumb dumb and needs to put in more subject line breaks. :P

Ps. Roxas sucks dan. Your amiibo is going down!

• Options
    UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    For anyone who was able to buy Wave 1 tickets for the Harmonix party, were you able to buy more than one or is it one per costumer? I want my friend to be ready to buy his own in case I cant but for him.
    I was able to buy 2 tickets. I think 2 is the maximum.

• Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    Double Tap is hosting a Post Pax East party on March 8th from 7pm to 2am.
    Mario Kart 64 (free) w/ prizes

Holy crap, I'm there.

• Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Sanshee wrote: »

How sad. :(

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    Wave 2 for Harmonix is up but it literally sold out in a minute. They did say they would release a 3rd wave next week.

• Options
    It said unavailable for me too but i kept f5ing and eventually got tickets. i dont believe its "sold out" until it says so

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
  • Options
    It said unavailable for me too but i kept f5ing and eventually got tickets. i dont believe its "sold out" until it says so
    Sold out now :[

• Options
    PugglesPuggles Registered User regular
    Missed Harmonix again. :(

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Ya I beat the twitter update and still didn't get any...

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    At this point, I'm gonna give up on Harmonix and patiently wait for Twitch to say something.
    (I say that but I'll still stalk Harmonix's Twitter feed next week...)

• Options
    All Harmonix tickets in baskets, they said, in 90 seconds (100 tickets). 100 more going up early next week. I got 4 for me, my wife, and our 2 friends. They "popped" about 30 seconds before the tweet went out, on the eventbrite site. They'd been pretty much saying, in subtweets/responses to other folks that they were going up around 2 Eastern, so I was living on my refresh button.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I got 4 HMX tickets. You had to be refreshing the eventbrite page around 2 PM. If you waited for the tweet you didn't get any. Psyched I snagged em.

• Options
    See ya there, constrictor!!

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    Curses, foiled again. If they're only in batches of 100, those will be snagged up quickly. I'll have to try again next week. And if they are for 2PM EST, then I won't stress so much until that time.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    Curses, foiled again. If they're only in batches of 100, those will be snagged up quickly. I'll have to try again next week. And if they are for 2PM EST, then I won't stress so much until that time.

Last batch was 100. This batch was 100. They said the next batch will be, too, so....sounds like about 300 total people/tickets.

Last time was about 6 PM Eastern. This time 2 PM Eastern. I wouldn't bet on a specific time. BUT, keep a constant eye on their twitter feed AND replies to other tweets. They hinted at times all day (afternoon, then before 4 PM, then "in about 30 min" at 1:20-ish) in replies.

Good luck!! :)

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    pilferk wrote: »

Last batch was 100. This batch was 100. They said the next batch will be, too, so....sounds like about 300 total people/tickets.

Last time was about 6 PM Eastern. This time 2 PM Eastern. I wouldn't bet on a specific time. BUT, keep a constant eye on their twitter feed AND replies to other tweets. They hinted at times all day (afternoon, then before 4 PM, then "in about 30 min" at 1:20-ish) in replies.

Good luck!! :)
    I saw the twitter reply and thought I would have at least a few minutes to run and get my credit card. Seems that's not the case lol

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    Seems not. First time, they were up for 90 min before sell out. But, there was forewarning this time, AND the recent cancellation of the Sanshee party. There's not a TON going on Saturday night, so far. So...grab, put in cart, then you have 7 min to complete your transaction. THEN run to get your card. ;)

• Options
    I got 4 HMX tickets. You had to be refreshing the eventbrite page around 2 PM. If you waited for the tweet you didn't get any. Psyched I snagged em.

I actually got tickets after seeing the tweet, broke the f5 and got extremely lucky

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
This discussion has been closed.