As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Friday, February 20, 2015 - The Harrowers

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, February 20, 2015 - The Harrowers

The Harrowers

The Harrowers

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/02/20

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I sincerely hope this is a MH comic. Is there scrounging around on the ground for mushrooms in MH4 still?

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The "badass doing inconsequential side stuff" joke never gets old to me:
    215087164_BswKG-1050x10000.jpg

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • lovecraftshlovecraftsh Registered User regular
    this looks so fucking anime I love itt!!!!!!!!!

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Having just gotten into Monster Hunter via Freedom Unite I'm getting a kick out of this comic. I wish I'd gotten into the series a long time ago. I always seem to be fashionably late to the party.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    I sincerely hope this is a MH comic. Is there scrounging around on the ground for mushrooms in MH4 still?

There is.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    New Monster Hunter game, eh? Is it Nintendo only again like the last one?

• spawnoftheEDspawnoftheED Multimedia Designer New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    New Monster Hunter game, eh? Is it Nintendo only again like the last one?

Yup and i believe its 3DS only. Just now online play and more monsters!
    This comic also cracked me up and then had to send it to people that I play MH with.

• Locke6854Locke6854 Registered User regular
    Do you think if The Order 1886 had more unimportant sidequests and collectibles that it would have gotten a better score? Sometimes things in games arent realistic, but they add to the gameplay...

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    God damn this is a fine comic. The third panel kills me every time I look at it.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    I have absolutely no point of reference for what this comic is about, but I still laughed at the last panel. Context doesn't matter, that just funny.

• Robotic DraconianRobotic Draconian Registered User regular
    Oh, Monster Hunter...

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    It has that “Stick and Move, or absorb Catastrophic Damage” thing that people “like” from the Souls games

I believe the technical term is, "touchemrealquickandgo"

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Also the name of my sex tape

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Perfect.

• jz78817jz78817 Registered User new member
    I like the finer artwork of PA comics like these and the CTS series. this one is doubly good as well-drawn and funny :)

• ImBocaireImBocaire Registered User new member
    Monster Hunter holds a special place in my heart - it was one of the first games where when I started (with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, on the PSP), I was not just *bad*, but completely out of my depth. I had no idea what I was doing, and I could tell that getting somewhere that I could be effective would be a huge drain on my time and mental health.

But the concept resonated with me enough that I didn't care - I wanted to hunt monsters and be totally rad in the process. After countless hours of fruitless lance charges, scrounging for mushrooms, and killing giant derpy chicken monsters (Kut-Ku, I'm looking at you), I became reasonably effective and never looked back.

Now, Monster Hunter 4U has displaced Mother 3 as my favorite video game of all time, and I'm still what I would call "reasonably effective."

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Locke6854 wrote: »
    Do you think if The Order 1886 had more unimportant sidequests and collectibles that it would have gotten a better score? Sometimes things in games arent realistic, but they add to the gameplay...
    I doubt it. It doesn't seem like the kind of game that lends itself to that stuff well. You don't see the intel files in Call of Duty being held up as a strong point of the campaign the way the random crap in GTA is.

Basically, the game has to have exploration as a design feature in order to make people care about rewards for exploration. By the time you change The Order enough to allow exploration, let alone reward it, you'll probably already have solutions to a lot of its problems.

Hevach on
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Remove collectibles from games unless they do something relevant, for the love of GOD

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet