As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hey you, I saw that. Put it back! [Kids]

FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
epoya91yas73.jpg

It's the parenting and kids thread! Tell us your tales of little ones, infants, newborns, young tykes, noenates, and pregnancies!

God, which one of us will be the first to have teens?

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'll have a teen in 3 years

Though he's acting like one now =/

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have a toddler and a new one coming in just over a month

Ahh! AHHHHH!!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Morgan turns 5 in about 2 weeks.

Grayson will be 7 in October.

The dog turns 2 in a few days I think.

• pixiecowpixiecow MewKRegistered User regular
    We have a three year old and another that was due two days ago.
    Still waiting..
    Way past fed up now!

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Mine is 10, but we also have a parttime teenager.

I will say this, figuring out how to handle drama with a teenager is very awkward and difficult when your own kid hasn't reached that age and is the opposite gender. As folks know, my niece has had a crapton of drama, and stays with us a lot, but I'm still terrible knowing what to do/say when she's upset...other than get my wife.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    pixiecow wrote: »
    We have a three year old and another that was due two days ago.
    Still waiting..
    Way past fed up now!

I was hoping we'd get to open the new thread with a fresh babby.

• DiamondGFXDiamondGFX Registered User regular
    We had a new babby! Like, three weeks ago. But still pretty new!

...does that count?

ain't got one
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Pics or it didn't happen

• DiamondGFXDiamondGFX Registered User regular
    yeah ok

t57iabsorxes.png

ain't got one
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DiamondGFX wrote: »
    We had a new babby! Like, three weeks ago. But still pretty new!

...does that count?

That kids practically in college already! OLD NEWS!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    DiamondGFX wrote: »
    yeah ok

t57iabsorxes.png

I call bullshit. That babby could not possibly be from the internet, it doesn't even have any tusks or tentacles!

Where is it's forehead ridge?

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    After 3 years of trying, 3 miscarriages, and literally just before going to a fertility clinic to begin IVF, we have our first kid due Aug 17.

We're uh.....pretty excited.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    Our son Tazren (Taz) is nearly 15 months old, and we have twins due in August. Taz is sick at the moment so he kept us up all night :( (Well, he kept my wife up all night, she kicked me out to sleep on the couch at 3am so that I'd be rested enough to take him off her hands at 7 and give her a couple of hours more sleep, haha)

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Ten wrote: »
    Our son Tazren (Taz) is nearly 15 months old, and we have twins due in August. Taz is sick at the moment so he kept us up all night :( (Well, he kept my wife up all night, she kicked me out to sleep on the couch at 3am so that I'd be rested enough to take him off her hands at 7 and give her a couple of hours more sleep, haha)

I am a twin and my mother likes to tell the story of having to get up to feed us around 3 am while my father was asleep. She gets both of us fed and rocks us back to sleep, but she's in a rocking chair and can't get out of the chair with both of us in her arms. She can't shout for my dad to help her because she'll wake us up and he likely won't hear her anyway because his snoring is louder than a jet plane.

Eventually, she takes my brother and puts him on her legs and gently inches him down her legs until she gets him to roll onto the floor. Then she stands up with me, bends down and picks my brother up, and then puts both us back in our cribs.

Twins are fun!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    do you call him the tazmanian devil, you've got to, right? like as a law.

He gets Tazzy Devil occasionally, of course - also Razzamataz, Tazarooni, Tazboy, Tazbo, T-Dogg (OK, not that last one). His name is the best, and it sucks for his siblings because I can't imagine I'll love any name as much. We had so much trouble finding his name so particularly if one or both of the twins are boys, we're going to have a hard time picking something. (We have one we're 95% set on)

@Sassori : that is hilarious, good on your mum for finding a creative solution, haha. I'm so excited to find out the sex of the twins - I'm kind of hoping they're identical just for the interesting cool factor, but a boy and a girl would actually be great.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    having a 4 year old and a now almost sixth month old has gotten easier, though really the biggest problem is that henry is predictably very affectionate with her and always wants to be involved which can be frustrating because he doesn't really know his own strength

Ten wrote: »
    He gets Tazzy Devil occasionally, of course - also Razzamataz, Tazarooni, Tazboy, Tazbo, T-Dogg (OK, not that last one). His name is the best, and it sucks for his siblings because I can't imagine I'll love any name as much. We had so much trouble finding his name so particularly if one or both of the twins are boys, we're going to have a hard time picking something. (We have one we're 95% set on)

@Sassori : that is hilarious, good on your mum for finding a creative solution, haha. I'm so excited to find out the sex of the twins - I'm kind of hoping they're identical just for the interesting cool factor, but a boy and a girl would actually be great.

We were pretty close when we were small, but we never got to try and switch places or any of the hijinks that you hear about identical twins getting to do.

Even if they are the same gender they can still look really different though. No guarantee about them being identical.

It's good that you are excited no matter what!

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    There was a set of twins at my synagogue that were both afab and not only were they fraternal, they didn't even look related. One was tall and a little chubby and had curly dark hair and brown eyes, while the other was tiny and had straight blond hair and blue eyes and glasses.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    ceres wrote: »
    There was a set of twins at my synagogue that were both afab and not only were they fraternal, they didn't even look related. One was tall and a little chubby and had curly dark hair and brown eyes, while the other was tiny and had straight blond hair and blue eyes and glasses.

My roommate has three sisters and two of them are twins. They look nothing like each other. When you have all four of the sisters together they are all obviously related, but when it's just the twins standing next to each other you wouldn't know.

My middle sister and I got confused for twins when we worked together even though she is six years older than I am. I actually got her in a bit of trouble because her friends would mistake her for me and talk to me and I would just blink at them in confusion because to me they were strangers.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    My aunt and uncle have fraternal triplets, a boy and 2 girls and they could not look any more different from each other.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    We're not twins, but I got 100% of the Scottish/Swedish ultra light complexion and red hair from my mom, and my brother got 100% of the Italian olive skin/dark hair from my dad.

And my sister is South Korean.

The confusion it causes when people meet another one of us out of context is fucking hilarious

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Mine is 10, but we also have a parttime teenager.

I will say this, figuring out how to handle drama with a teenager is very awkward and difficult when your own kid hasn't reached that age and is the opposite gender. As folks know, my niece has had a crapton of drama, and stays with us a lot, but I'm still terrible knowing what to do/say when she's upset...other than get my wife.

If it's any consolation, one of my team has teenagers currently and actively tries to work more to avoid them sometimes.

Oh yeah, the odds are certainly against us for identical twins, and even if we have them we will be making sure not to dress them the same - we want to make sure they each get their own identity. It's just such a neat thing to think about somebody else having the same DNA as you, and if we had identical twins I feel like that would be a cool thing to teach them about and experience vicariously.

See, Geth agrees, and he should know considering he is part of a hivemind, thus has many identical siblings.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    having a 4 year old and a now almost sixth month old has gotten easier, though really the biggest problem is that henry is predictably very affectionate with her and always wants to be involved which can be frustrating because he doesn't really know his own strength

this is the deal with my oldest and the newborn (3 1/2 and a week old, respectively)

there seems to be almost zero jealousy issues, but Daniel is pretty sure James is his baby, so if James starts getting fussy or thrashing at all, Daniel will try to calm him down by patting him harder than we'd like on the head (the whole time going "YOU'REalright-YOU'REalright", then giving him big hugs (which usually sets James off even further), then attempting to pick the baby up and bring him to me or momma like he does with my parent's cat, which is terrifying

we try to curtail the behavior when we see it start happening, but have to be really subtle about how we redirect it because otherwise Daniel will lose his shit completely and then both of them will be going off at the same time

I will say that watching Daniel wander over every ten minutes or so to kiss him on the forehead and announce "HE'S CUTE" is probably the best thing

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Hello kid thread! I'm trying to branch out a little bit in my forum postings.

I have Adelaide, who is 6, and Isabelle, who is 4. I also have two cats that are fat and dumb.

Here's a few pictures to illustrate a typical week for us:
    rsgegcn4lze1.jpgg8v87pw1zyux.jpgohy50h02wxgs.jpg

Denada on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Best part about having nieces and nephews? Wife makes cupcakes for their bday!

10993471_10205093259344005_1941718460051899571_n.jpg?oh=42113e1af00db3531ed2896b34e284eb&oe=5595E93A&__gda__=1435294063_5e098a395ac9b87b7e9b3a072f2dc7b7

White cake with an oreo in the center, homemade icing with ground oreos mixed in, then half an oreo sticking out of the top

oreo.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Anya: I wanna see Awesome As I Wanna Be. I love that song.
    Me: Yeah? You're pretty awesome.
    Anya: Yeah, I know. I rock out. I'm a rocker.

• CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    My oldest is 11. Am I going to be the first to have a teen? I've banned her from becoming one, though...

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My friends are having a kid in June, and the name is Lucas is I'm looking for this shirt in baby sizes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    After going to the doctor for the results of the ultrasound babbyroar is doing perfect, which is weird considering the ultrasound tech said she couldn't get a clear look.

But still don't know what it is looks like we are paying to go the private route to find out.

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I wonder when someone's kid will wind up joining the forums. Possibly without his or her parents knowing.

Mostly saying this because I remember browsing forums when I was 10 years old.

I wonder when someone's kid will wind up joining the forums. Possibly without his or her parents knowing.

Someone's did

Can't remember who though

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    LewieP!

YL9WnCY.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Someone's did

Can't remember who though

@Blameless Cleric in DnD chat is the daughter of @spool32 and @Belasco32

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Yes this is tru hello I am a Spoolling

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I am nineteen and I have a brothers ages 17 and 15 so I guess @spool32 and @Belasco32 are the first to have teens >>

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
This discussion has been closed.