As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Question about the weapon rules.

StuupsStuups Registered User new member
What exactly constitutes an airsoft gun? Not to be that guy but if I take out the barrel gearbox trigger and modify it to work with my cosplay (fallout) would it be allowed? If not could anyone who's done fallout cosplay's before tell me what you did different?

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The FAQ says no Airsoft weapons, even if they've been deactivated. So.. Probably not acceptable.
    If you want an official answer however, you should contact pax_questions@paxsite.com I think.

• Options
    StuupsStuups Registered User new member
    Yeah I was more confused on what constitutes an airsoft gun. If I rip everything out then it's a plastic (or metal) shell. Thanks for the email address though I'll give them a try.

• Options
    BinaryPieBinaryPie Registered User regular
    There must be a difference between 'deactivated' and totally gutting it and just having a shell. The PAX questions email is definitely your best bet though.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    the security enforcers also scan the cosplay pages, so if you post this there, you'll probably hear back more quickly than PAX_questions, b/c they are probably dealing with all the badge emails

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2015
    In addition to emailing pax_questions, post in the cosplay thread. The security enforcers monitor that one.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/192877/pax-east-2015-cosplay-thread#latest

Geth, close this thread.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.