As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Printing a 2 page pdf to one page 2 sided

JebusUDJebusUD Adventure!Candy IslandRegistered User regular
Basically I'm trying to do exactly that. It is a 2 page pdf. I want to print page one on one side and page two on another.

Now, I know I can take the pages out of the printer and flip them around to make it happen, but I am wondering if there is a way to tell reader to do it automatically.

help?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
but they're listening to every word I say

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Can your printer do it? Most home printers can't.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Can your printer do it? Most home printers can't.

This is for a very expensive xerox office Printer, it definitely does two sided printing. I just don't know how to fiddle with the Adobe reader settings to make it print that particular way, or if that is possible.

I think it must be

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    its more likely to be in your printer settings than in adobe reader. If your printer does double sided printing it'll have that option for everything.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    When you press the print button on the adobe reader, it will take you to a window that has all the printer's settings. You should be able to do it from there. Usually, you can access the feature on the Print Dialogue Box by clicking on a button that says "Printer". More often than not, it's a check box or drop down menu labeled "Two Sided". Your printer must have the mechanism to print double sided, otherwise, this option won't be available.

You might want to look at how to do it on your specific OS and printer model.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    You might be needing to look for an option that says "duplex". Otherwise just click every tab in the printer dialog box until you find it.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    I have run in to copy/fax/printers that can do amazing stuff with copying and scanning without being able to do more than basic printing unless they had a software suite installed to manage it.

Have you searched for the model on google?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    its more likely to be in your printer settings than in adobe reader. If your printer does double sided printing it'll have that option for everything.

This. If your printer is capable of two sided printing it should be in the settings/options when you go to print. Adobe has no relevance.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Sometimes the printer drivers pass along available settings - I can choose two-sided printing in the print dialogue in Chrome with the printer at work.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh, another thing, the printer might have special software that will be more robust than what your OS shows available. Manufacturer sites usually provide it if you don't have the disk.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    On reflection I've stupidly asked the wrong question, and of course the answer to my question should be just "it works"

I already know how to do two sided printing. And two sided printing works fine for regular paper documents. But for some reason this flyer someone has made in illustrator I think has been somehow set to print page 1 on the front and back of one sheet, rather than page 1 front page 2 back like normal.

My real question is why is this happening?

And now that I think about it more it might have something to do with the collate function and not adobe.