As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Snowgorok 2015: The Iceman Cometh (Baby it's cold outside)

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It's 18 degrees here in Oklahoma and we got a fair amount of sleet that should melt by Tuesday

This has been your Oklahoma update

66 Fahrenheit this morning in Houston. It was 75 by noon on Saturday, but we're expecting rain today so it probably won't get much higher.

I'd say it ended up getting cold here as the day went on, but I'm pretty sure I'd be punched in the face when I get to boston for pax.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It's cold here and I don't wanna go outside, wah wah wah

I was terribly ill prepared for my run this morning, didn't wear gloves...

I can feel myself becoming weaker with every day I pass in this place

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Williamsburg,Virginia is hushed and white with the delicate down of the sky. Nature's symphony has fallen silent and even the ever-present cacophony of man does not carry far.

and also it's fucking inconvenient when you were planning on going to school tomorrow to get some shit done but now those wieners decided to close

Tam on
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Fuck this Yankee winter bullshit.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Apparently the airport forgot it can get slightly cold in Canada during the winter and the fuel was frozen or something? Awesome

Where in Canada and what was the temperature? I am dubious.

Toronto, about -28C. Said they were having trouble fueling the planes, either because the equipment was seizing up or the fuel wasn't pumpable. But you'd think they would have these things figured out. Ended up leaving almost 4 hours late

Phyphor on
    Airplane fuel never freezes when @DaMoonRulz pumps it because it knows better than to mess with a frost giant.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    if there isn't enough fuel or it isn't mixed with kerosine yeah it can freeze

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Apparently the airport forgot it can get slightly cold in Canada during the winter and the fuel was frozen or something? Awesome

Where in Canada and what was the temperature? I am dubious.

Toronto, about -28C. Said they were having trouble fueling the planes, either because the equipment was seizing up or the fuel wasn't pumpable. But you'd think they would have these things figured out. Ended up leaving almost 4 hours late

The fuel itself should be pumpable. I forget the exact freeze point but it's closer to -45 C. If it was a truck, those can have a hard to getting started if they're not plugged in or just left running for a few days. That's what we're doing in Lansing; normally we plug the trucks in, but that fuse keeps blowing so we just had the trucks run 24/7 for the past three days, otherwise they wouldn't turn back on.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Airplane fuel never freezes when @DaMoonRulz pumps it because it knows better than to mess with a frost giant. he keeps it warm in his bladder

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    that's a great picture of the Dragon's Rest @manishtushu.

It was a gorgeous day when we visited, but then these huge fucking clouds rolled through and it was just downpour.

And he's obviously taking the picture from Bag's End, dammit. He's facing the tavern and the Mill!

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    dammit its 50-60 here in seattle and there is no snow in the mountains and i wanted to go skiing, send some snow over this direction we could use it

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It is quite cold here today. As a result I had to dig my winter wear out from the box under the storage bins and blankets in the closet.

So lame.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Still out of power in Barrow County after 12 hours. Got a second wind when I discovered my laptop powers USB ports in sleep mode. Should last until they get the power back on.

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited February 2015
    MadEddy wrote: »
    You can have my winter.
    I bought a bunch of "winter" clothes for when I get to experience real cold in a few weeks for EastPAX. I'm pretty excited, though everyone tells me I'm going to die within a few minutes being in sub-freezing temps.

In other weather-related news, I have been invited to a pool party this weekend. :P

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    I am consumed with envy.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    We got a nice dose of Utterly Perfect For Mid-February today (though in this city that basically means "whatever the temperature, there's no wind"). This probably means we're doomed tomorrow or Friday.

Gotta love what a few freeze/thaw/freeze cycles do to footing on sidewalks though. I'm pretty sure every step downtown involved the ground trying to murder peoples' ankles..

it's going to be a balmy 31 degrees on saturday

tomorrow though it's going to be 3

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh hey... 28 below out this morning.

Woo

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    6 and snowing with a wind chill of -20... jesus christ plz stop

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I think I'm just going to set myself on fire.

I feel this is a reasonable response to this weather.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I have two things saved on my weather.com page.

Where I live, and San Diego.

Fuck you San Diego.

• simosimo Registered User regular
    predicted to be a high of 40 on sunday!

with snow and sleet before that, but still! 40!

bugss2.jpg
    currently -7 degrees. fuck everything

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I seriously considered skipping one of my classes today because it's all the way across campus from all my other classes

Like sat and weighed out my options and eventually decided it was worth it and then really regretted my choice

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    it's been getting gradually nicer in Colorado this week, which was apparently only a brief reprieve since we're supposed to get just cluster-fucked with snow over the weekend (12-18 inches I think was the prediction)

here's hoping it waits to drop until after I get off work and run by the grocery store, or tonight's commute is going to suuuuuck

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    The combination of very cold weather, an old key, and a nearly broken locking mechanism led to my key to the front door of where I work breaking in the keyhole when I tried to unlock the door this morning. Thankfully, a locksmith is just up the road but that led to an interesting start to my workday.

Not quite as bad as the lock but I also discovered that a few ceiling panels above my coworker's desk had also fallen down yet somehow missed hitting anything important. Chiefly her brand new computer.

Oh, and my coworker couldn't make it into work today because she got stuck in her driveway when she tried to drive through the snow at the end of the driveway built up by plows going by. She said she had to stop for a car going by that she couldn't see due to snowbanks, lost all of her momentum, and got stuck.

At least it's nice and sunny outside even though it's -15 degrees.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    it's 28 degrees right now in anchorage

yup

it's warmer in alaska than it is in the eastern united states

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    it's 28 degrees right now in anchorage

yup

it's warmer in alaska than it is in the eastern united states

In fact, Anchorage did not drop below 0 degrees F for the entirety of 2014. That has never happened before as long as we've been recording it.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Baked Alaska

They legalized marijuana in Alaska?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    If you did not shovel out your parking spot and later in the day you take the spot of someone who did it is a scientific fact that you are going to hell.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    If you did not shovel out your parking spot and later in the day you take the spot of someone who did it is a scientific fact that you are going to hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iu2cDdQGS4

Fuck that guy!

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Fuck that guy!

I have standards.

WE PLAYED IN THE SNOW FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY

X1OJ5KZ.jpg

p7tmtyK.jpg

BdlhVBx.jpg

gZiFbQp.jpg

qmttcjH.jpg

blF6Mzg.jpg

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That's a fake beard!

That's a fake beard!

I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW IT IS A VERY REAL KNIT BEARD OUR FRIEND MADE FOR ME FROM SOME EXTREMELY REAL YARN THANK YOU VERY MUCH

That's a fake beard!

Hey, it's rude to point of someone's prosthesis.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

"He scratched at the beard that was no longer there. Just a memory now since the accident."

I am generally capable of growing a glorious beard.

Unfortunately the Navy insists on having it shaved and ignores its incredible value.