As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam: It's really steamy!

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Controversial Statement: Huniepop is a good game.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well

This thread had a good run

Shut it down

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    *bows*

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    shameless repost:

Okay, my lovelies, I need your assistance.
    As suspected, the Kane & Lynch games have been added to the humblebundle. Now, since I'm most likely to receive a censored key, I'd like one of you guys, who's got that key to spare, to trade with me (obviously you should not be residing in either Germany or Japan)!
    Humble stuff I still have:
    Blackwell 1-3
    Fieldrunners 1&2
    Breach & Clear
    Broken Sword Director's Cut
    Cubemen 1&2
    Duke3D
    Shadow Warrior
    Fieldrunners 1&2
    Frozen Synapse (plus an extra MP key)
    GRID 1&2
    PixelJunk Eden
    Quest of Dungeons
    SpaceChem
    Terraria

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Does humblebundle still do keys? I thought they changed it so it activates directly via Steam?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Does humblebundle still do keys? I thought they changed it so it activates directly via Steam?
    It changed back recently for reasons I don't know

some of the keys I listed are still straight-to-account, but there was always a gift option

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Thanks Veldrin for the key, BUT apparently the keys are region-locked. What.
    Eh, maybe it'll work as a gift-thing during the next sale. OPERATION TRADE IS CANCELED

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Eh, maybe it'll work as a gift-thing during the next sale. OPERATION TRADE IS CANCELED

If I had to guess maybe Valve were getting yelled at for making it too easy to bypass the restrictions?

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »

If I had to guess maybe Valve were getting yelled at for making it too easy to bypass the restrictions?

I doubt it, again, gifting via steam was always an option, the recent change was mainly because of exchange rates in Russia and...southeast Asia?
    But it might be a mishmash of the recent changes, sure

(It's still duuuuuumb)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I never got into Steam until just a couple months ago because my old computer was a pile. I got 3 free games with my new graphics card, so I have Alien Isolation, Tomb Raider, and Payday 2.

I am very not good at Payday. I'm thinking of gettig either Fallout or Borderlands next since I have never played anything from either of those series.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Isn't Australia one of those countries with hideously inflated prices? Maybe that's why Valve changed it.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So how is Frozen Cortex?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    I never got into Steam until just a couple months ago because my old computer was a pile. I got 3 free games with my new graphics card, so I have Alien Isolation, Tomb Raider, and Payday 2.

I am very not good at Payday. I'm thinking of gettig either Fallout or Borderlands next since I have never played anything from either of those series.

Just wait for Fallout 4.

Any day now.

Annnnnyyyy day now.
    V93lWsil.png

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I had a building collapse on me and kill me yesterday on 7 days. Some hot bullshit I tell ya.

I'm an engineer Godammit!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

Just wait for Fallout 4.

Any day now.

Annnnnyyyy day now.
    V93lWsil.png

Bethesda announced a pre-e3 conference to showcase new games. Might still be some hope there.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

If you want to learn Payday 2, it helps a lot if you have a dedicated person or group of people happy to help you run through easy heists so you can get the hang of things and level up. Playing any multiplayer game with random people is a toss-up, but in a co-op one that has been out for a long time and has a lot of unlocks and systems to it... going into that as a new player can be rough.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I mean there's always hope

There's no way they aren't making Fallout 4. 3 and New Vegas were huge hits and Skyrim was even bigger

It's just been taking way longer to announce than people expected, which is good I guess given how turbulent the consoles have been so far

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I would love it if they refined the combat and made it feel a bit less janky. It was fine in nv but it felt like something I did to get to the interesting parts of the game, doubly so when I had used up all the VATS and had to do actual fpsing

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    my problem with FO3 and New Vegas wasn't that they weren't turn-based, it was that they were way too combat-heavy

my totally unrealistic wish is that FO4 has a mode where all combat, for you and enemies both, is resolved by VATS, and that the game is balanced to be less than 800 hours long if you want to play it in said mode

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My problem with New Vegas was that it crashes every 10 minutes.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Git gud (computer)

• Options
    I have a good computer.

I don't have all the dlc though so I can't use that patch that fans made to fix the broken ass game.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Some of that dlc is pretty good though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It would be nice to beat the main story before buying any of it though.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    This one doesn't require any of the DLCs. I don't know if it will fix your crash problems, but it's worth a try. I also haven't used it myself, i'm not really a fan of the unofficial patches since my god people can get nitpicky about stuff. He claims that there aren't any "balance fixes" in it though so hopefully it's not as stupid as the Skyrim ones.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I did 100% of the Fallout 3 achievements. I bought NV and haven't played it. :|

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I have a good computer.

I don't have all the dlc though so I can't use that patch that fans made to fix the broken ass game.

Do you mean this one? That solved a crash I kept having. If that's the one then ugh, I don't know if there's anything else you can do. It's a shame vanilla NV is such a wreck, when it's fixed its one of my favourite games.

• Options
    I guess I lucked out with NV because, aside from some wonkiness related mostly to fast travel and companions which was easily fixable with the console, I had no real problems.

Only one crash in like fifty hours.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah skyrim was way more crash prone for me too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I would love it if they refined the combat and made it feel a bit less janky. It was fine in nv but it felt like something I did to get to the interesting parts of the game, doubly so when I had used up all the VATS and had to do actual fpsing

The biggest problem I had with VATS versus regular combat in Fallout and New Vegas was the huge difference in damage between the two.

Score a headshot in VATS, there goes three quarters of their health.

Outside of VATS? Empty two whole magazines of ammo FROM THE SAME GUN into their face, one quarter of their health gone...

• Options
    In Fallout 3? Yes, absolutely there was no reason to ever fight outside of VATS

I think New Vegas did a much better job of balancing the two, and if anything might have made VATS not really all that useful

I know I almost never bothered with it in NV

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Speaking of NV

I know there was a mod that added a bunch of period-appropriate music to the pip-boy in FO3, does one exist for NV?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Speaking of NV

I know there was a mod that added a bunch of period-appropriate music to the pip-boy in FO3, does one exist for NV?

There was the Secret Stash, that added the songs that were used for the quest names, but it got C&D'd and I don't think it's available any more. CONELRAD Radio was ported over from F3, which added in a ton of nuclear war/radiation PSAs and songs about nukes.
    Here's all the radio mods on NVNexus, it's been a while so I couldn't remember which ones were the good ones.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    It changed back recently for reasons I don't know
    Because that "you can only validate games by logging in directly by Steam"-system was awful as a shit sandwich from hell? Thank fuck they got rid of that...

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Been playing Murdered: Soul Suspect

Man alive, this game is dumb. But I can't stop playing it?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    murdered soul suspect is everything i want out of a shitty b-tier game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    the only true way to play new vegas is with 1 int 10 luck and maxing out all the melee skills and perks

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Been playing Murdered: Soul Suspect

Man alive, this game is dumb. But I can't stop playing it?

correct

it's a doofy noir detective story with bad combat but pretty good voice acting and it looks good

also you can be a cat and meow

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular

I wish it was as fun to make as some shitty b-tier movies seem to be.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
This discussion has been closed.