As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Better Call Saul] S'All Good Man

Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
edited February 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
The sequel series to Breaking Bad is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1xIGfVFb-U

Learn where James McGill Saul Goodman came from, what he's going through in the present and see him Break Bad as only he can.

Harry Dresden on

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I liked most of what I saw, I was really hoping they weren't imediately going to bring in
    Tuco. I really hope he isnt like a focus for the series/season. When white grabs saul into the desert he mentions thinking White was the cartels. I hope that doesnt mean we get a full series of him messing around with the cartels...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Seems brother it is.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I liked most of what I saw, I was really hoping they weren't imediately going to bring in
    Tuco. I really hope he isnt like a focus for the series/season. When white grabs saul into the desert he mentions thinking White was the cartels. I hope that doesnt mean we get a full series of him messing around with the cartels...

Well, there's a reason Jesse knew that Saul is the guy you want to retain for their... line of work.

A whole series? No. But I think at some point in the show we'll see the slippery Mr. McGill working both sides of the border, as surely as both sides of the law.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Episode 3
    Loved the little nod to One Minute, Jimmy looking in his rear view mirror n' seeing 2 guys approaching, just like Hank and the twins. :D

Nacho continues being great. Love that Vaas is showing up in more stuff.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    You know what's fucked up? Netflix selling Better Call Saul as a Netflix Original in Switzerland/Europe. Unless AMC is somehow affiliated with Netflix, it's just not true.

Also - I'm so glad that Better Call Saul airs day and date on Netflix, all over the world. Take all the credit you want, and my money! God I love this show.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    That deal was made years ago during development. No way there was significant cash involved that helped this show get made.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I'd imagine the Netflix Original stuff comes from AMC having no presence in Europe, leaving Netflix as the only place most Europeans can legally watch the show.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    I'd imagine the Netflix Original stuff comes from AMC having no presence in Europe, leaving Netflix as the only place most Europeans can legally watch the show.

In the UK I believe we can get it on FX, which also shows The Walking Dead. But yeah, Netflix fo lyfe.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    So I may have a thing for Betsy Kettleman. No idea why. Floats mah boat.

Also, this show is ace and has already really come in to its own. So beautifully shot too. I desperately want a wallpaper out of the shot from episode 1 where he leaves the building after smacking in a trash can, woman smoking to the right of the door he leaves through, and him stood as a show in the dark. Perfect.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    It's already got a distinct tone n' feel to BrBa. Can totally buy it's the same world, but it doesn't feel like a prequel. I gotta admit, I had doubts, I wasn't hungry for Saul's story, but it's really working.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    So I may have a thing for Betsy Kettleman. No idea why. Floats mah boat.

It truly is a mystery.

Betsy_Kettleman.png
    Also, this show is ace and has already really come in to its own. So beautifully shot too. I desperately want a wallpaper out of the shot from episode 1 where he leaves the building after smacking in a trash can, woman smoking to the right of the door he leaves through, and him stood as a show in the dark. Perfect.

Agreed. It's a worthy successor to Breaking Bad.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Episode 3 is the
    Jonathan Banksiest episode yet
    and therefore the best. The show is picking up some swagger at last. It didn't exactly start out with the oomph of those amazing first two Breaking Bad episodes, although the intro was perfect.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    I'll tell you one thing: if I ever fuck up royally I want Saul in my corner.

• Options
    scherbchen wrote: »
    I'll tell you one thing: if I ever fuck up royally I want Saul in my corner.

Only works if you can be Heisenberg/Nacho/Mike levels of intimidating. Saul considers fear to be an effective motivator...

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    One thing i dig about this show is the kind of retro seventies feel of it. If i didn't know the character and hadn't seen the date on a newspaper, i could almost buy this as forty years ago and not ten.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Episode 3 is the
    and therefore the best. The show is picking up some swagger at last. It didn't exactly start out with the oomph of those amazing first two Breaking Bad episodes, although the intro was perfect.

I can't wait to find out how he hires Mike, and how Mike fell into Gus's crew. I feel like a Gus cameo is inevitable.

• Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    One thing i dig about this show is the kind of retro seventies feel of it. If i didn't know the character and hadn't seen the date on a newspaper, i could almost buy this as forty years ago and not ten.

You're an old. (I am also an old.) This is only set in 2002 and it looks so long ago!

The double flashback with the brick phone? Prehistoric!

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    Episode 3 is the

I can't wait to find out how he hires Mike, and how Mike fell into Gus's crew. I feel like a Gus cameo is inevitable.

Well... Mike has an ability to see through bullshit. And Saul/Jimmy produces a lot of bullshit.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I spotted someone using the same shitty silver flip phone I had around that time

I got a kick out of that

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I may or may not have lol'd when I heard the word "ringlets".

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Tonight's episode was fucking amazing.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    hahaha
    I just talked you down from death sentence to 6 months probation I'm the best lawyer ever

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    This show made me realize I would be terrified of ending up like Chuck.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Episode 4
    Aww they dropped the name convention, this one is Hero - not a Spanish word :<

Dat intro scam. Fuckin' awesome.

Heh, did we just see the origins of his name? :P

was it a stunt? HMMM

poor Chuck.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Episode 4

They're still keeping the naming convention. Ends with "o".

reVerse on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice the Gus Fring ensemble in the suit store? :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Episode 4

was it a stunt? HMMM

poor Chuck.
    The combination of the intro and the main topic of the episode leads me to say "Yes, yes it was definitely a scam."

The way he wanted to avoid his brother finding out just puts the cherry on my certainty sundae.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    After Jimmy pulled the dude up and the guy says "took you long enough", there's a quick handoff between the two of them (that's very focused on) where the other dude comes away with a closed palm. No question it was a scam.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Tonight's Episode so far:
    When this show was first announced, this is what I imagined the show would be like.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Thought that was the weakest of them so far. Not really a cohesive whole, though individual pieces were nice.

Intrigued by
    Mike getting to do things though.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Yea, this felt like the tail end of the previous episode and the prologue of the next rather than an actual episode.

• Options
    Episode 4

OK this one broke it for sure! "Alpine Shepherd Boy"

Kinda bums me out, as the last 5 episodes all indeed end with "o"

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Yep, pretty weak episode here.

• Options
    A beautifully shot episode, though.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Episode 4

Should have been Jello

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Episode 4

Should have been Jello

It was originally titled "Jello" and even appears in episode lists as such. Don't know why they changed it. (I've seen some speculation it's due to it being a brand name that they couldn't clear.)

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    A beautifully shot episode, though.

I have never seen a show use shadow as much as this one does (and I mean that in the best way possible).

Gim on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    That was the first episode I would classify as boring. Next week's Mike centric episode looks like it could be good, though.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    This episode was weird, opened with a run of some of the best jokes the series has had so far and then kinda...petered out.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    That was the first episode I would classify as boring. Next week's Mike centric episode looks like it could be good, though.

Yeah, seeing more of Mike gives me hope that we might actually get to see Better Call Saul by season's end, instead of having it pushed out even further by more wacky misadventures of Slippin' Jimmy & Reverse Magneto.

Zoku Gojira on