As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Puzzle & Dragons]: Neptune in your REM, killing your happiness

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It was Wind Courier Kano, I believe.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    if you're at the beginning keep in mind you can delete the app and reroll for as long as your patience can stand

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Welp. REM and godfest have been kind to me. Can anyone look at my herd and suggest any teams to focus on? I need Keepers and dubs for some ultimates.

https://www.padherder.com/user/mostlyjoe/monsters/

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    edited February 2015
    I'm too bad to have much to say re:good teams but I will say that if you use the "my materials" tab for your evo materials it'll give you a better at-a-glance view of your for real monsters, and fill in the evolution slots for each monster so you can easily see what stuff you're lacking

though maybe this is an effect of one of those automated padherder tools? I guess I can't imagine someone going through and adding all their dub-whatevers one at a time

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Welp. REM and godfest have been kind to me. Can anyone look at my herd and suggest any teams to focus on? I need Keepers and dubs for some ultimates.

I'm pretty bad regarding team building, but you do have Kirin, so you should be able to build a decent 5x team pretty easily, just choosing your best monsters in each of the colours.
    Other than that, I see a couple of decent attacker teams, you've got the FotN guys and multiple riders.

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    One build I'm cooking with is Kushi and the Chinese goddesses to do crazy 5+ boosts. It's not constant but if I mix in a rider it gets fun. But building for combos hurts my healing. If any has Athena up I love her as the friend support. Her two pronged with green/yellow and my Rider Arthur with Genbu on feed turns Kushi into a beast.

I can buy time buy using Echidna or my Zeta Hydra to buy turns.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • shergakshergak Registered User regular
    One build I'm cooking with is Kushi and the Chinese goddesses to do crazy 5+ boosts. It's not constant but if I mix in a rider it gets fun. But building for combos hurts my healing. If any has Athena up I love her as the friend support. Her two pronged with green/yellow and my Rider Arthur with Genbu on feed turns Kushi into a beast.

I can buy time buy using Echidna or my Zeta Hydra to buy turns.

I can put up Athena for you: 301,000,358

• FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular

Kirin, Valk, Echidna, Chibi Kirin, Apollo, Kirin

My go-to end-game team is Kirin, Valk, Echidna, Apollo, Hera-Is/Aquaman, Kirin. You have the two REM monsters needed so you're all set. It takes a while to get the patterns down to be able to run Kirin well, but when you get that, you can clear a lot of dungeons.

steam_sig.png
  • Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular

Yeah you have a lot of good monsters and some solid members once you get an Athena in the future.

I would probably go with a team of Kush/Kush leaders. Echidna, vampire, rei, meimei.

Gives you orb changers, gives you several colors to do attack with high combos. Kush to absorb an hit, echidna to delay. meimei to practice setting up a board with 6+ combos.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Man, I really need to farm up some red trifruits to evo my ronia. I am not having much success on kotg farming

steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

Kirin, Apollo, L. Meta, Valk, Whatever you need for the dungeon

Echidna, Shiva, Lemon Dragon, Athena, King Bubblie, Something with orb movement time awakening, One of those Wizards. All make for a good 5th sub.

steam_sig.png
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

If anyone wants to add me, I just got back in. Usually have Haku, Horus, or Odin up, or the occasional "random monster I forgot to take down."

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Haku? Yes please

steam_sig.png
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Ok, new goal for the week: go one entire day without wasting stamina like a moron. Another 40 stam down the drain on the weekend dungeon because I hit accept on the team too fast. Who just tried doing a tricolor with a mono-black team? Gah

My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    0/4 Verdandi
    0/4 Apollo
    2/6 CDD

I dont even want to try to skillup Haku by feeding my 8 chasers. Think this is just not a good skillup day, haha.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I wound up with a Vampire somehow. And none of the things to evolve him, of course.

uyvfOQy.png
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I nuked my PADherder because it had been so long since I edited (like, almost 100 ranks).

That said, I just took a solid chunk of time to add from scratch a large portion of the useful monsters currently in my box (I admit, I did skip many of the biweekly dragons, don't even know why I still have some of them).

I'll go back in and edit some teams later, and add the awakenings and plus eggs on the whole lot, but I don't feel like doing it now.

Here's the link so you guys can be jealous: Link

Evolved Mamiya. She seems to have a ton of stuff to Awaken. Should I be using any of these many saved Tamadra on her, or...? And her skill seems to be just plain better than Valkyrie's version, is there a reason to build a team about Valyrie instead of Mamiya...?

uyvfOQy.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: Β»
    Evolved Mamiya. She seems to have a ton of stuff to Awaken. Should I be using any of these many saved Tamadra on her, or...? And her skill seems to be just plain better than Valkyrie's version, is there a reason to build a team about Valyrie instead of Mamiya...?

Valkyrie is easy to skill up to max. Also I've heard of Valkyrie and had to look up whoever so that means you'll have a very easy time finding Valkyrie friends but not as easy with whoever. Also healers don't really need rcv boosts, they have a ton of that, they really need hp and attack. If guan yinping is any example 3x and 3x works, but 3x and 2x is no way.

Anyone do hard mode successfully?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

Basicly valk's evolved form is better, but if you don't have it feel free to let mamiya lead

CD World Tour status:
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So, despite highly valuing orbs, I seem to have either fed off or sold off my Light Orb that I got from the free gift. Or at the least, I can't find it in my Monster Box; so it's somewhere in the ether. I guess I shouldn't have procrastinated uuvoing my Valk.

The video that @Ataxrxes posted earlier was instrumental in teaching me how to store orbs, if needed later. Running those zombie teams also teaches the value of strategy (i.e. kill one of any synched pair FIRST) and comes into play later when you're stalling and/or clearing binds and want to store specific orbs. The best part was that once I got the strat down, I could use any zombie team easily because they all revolved around the same strategy but used different color orbs. Zombie teams are also interesting because they have the potential to teach the value of specific leaders; since some need >50% health to activate, while others need >75%.

Mugsley on
  • Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: Β»

Absolutely use your Tamadras on her and start using her as a lead.

Also, grats on the Vampire! He's a good monster, although he'll take a lot of xp to level.

I guess I should now level up my second Mamiya to put her on the same team?

Vampire is already max level but I don't have the things to evolve him.

uyvfOQy.png
    each of those shield awakenings do 5% additively, if you awaken 8 between them you'll be 40% off all dark damage

CD World Tour status:
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: Β»
    I'm too bad to have much to say re:good teams but I will say that if you use the "my materials" tab for your evo materials it'll give you a better at-a-glance view of your for real monsters, and fill in the evolution slots for each monster so you can easily see what stuff you're lacking

though maybe this is an effect of one of those automated padherder tools? I guess I can't imagine someone going through and adding all their dub-whatevers one at a time

Just to add to this, it's worth keeping one of some of the evo mats in your main monster roster for team-building purposes. Rainbow keeper, Mythlits, that sort of thing.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    3 dark mythic stone dragons in a row...no dark keeper on double drop. Some kind of epic fail record that! At least I finally have enough keepers to evolve my final 6 chasers for Haku. So the next skillup event I can feed my 16 and pray to the puzzle gods for a couple skill ups at least!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    I started a second account on my wife's device - first roll, DQXQ. Kept it, I'm almost at Castle of Satan after a very short time. Incredible how much of a difference a solid lead makes from the get go...

My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    My first roll was Horus.

He's currently max level, max awoken, +111. One of my favorite leads.

• Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    My starting leader was Yomi... Don't think I have used her since I entered Technical Dungeons. But I went IAP and used Persephone for almost everything.

Between yesterday & today I have ran Aither Desert 25 times for 1 dub-Topalit. Still need 4 more for my Tamadra's. At least Vishnu is fully awoken, for whenever I decide to use GZL.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
    ok so i really want this tunabowl guy
    is it better odds to play on the int/expert to get 6 potential invades vs the 5 for the rest?

CD World Tour status:
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Likely better odds on harder.

I love Anubis dungeons.

38thDoE on steam

• BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Huh. Probably should've PDXed the tuna bowl before I fed him away. Figured he was just a skillup for some monster I don't have. (I mean, he is that, but he's probably worth holding on to anyway.)

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    He seems pretty solid in a couple ways, especially for someone who's fairly new to the game. This guy would've been great when I started out.

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    He seems pretty solid in a couple ways, especially for someone who's fairly new to the game. This guy would've been great when I started out.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLm6UGvVPYA
    Juggler leader skill is "All attribute cards ATK x7 when reaching 2 set of Heart combos"
    This is the true extent of IAP -_-

In other news, the starter dragon ult evos look pretty decent. All 3 have 2 TPAs

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Yeah.

Juggler is kind of completely insane.

So many dungeons that it'll just erase.

--

Cauchemar get. That is a really annoying boss fight when you suck at orbs.

Incenjucar on
    Just unlocked Coin Dungeons. Should I be bothering with these at all right now? I'm not seeing the point, except for the Dragon Plant one.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited February 2015
    When scarlet snake princess comes back in rotation I suggest doing that one

Also keep in mind they count as unique dungeons for clear/magic stone purposes

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    I would give all my stones to just have my monsters auto feed and sort. Ugh I hate playing organize my crap.

38thDoE on steam

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I would *love* a search button.

This discussion has been closed.