As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I got 4 HMX tickets. You had to be refreshing the eventbrite page around 2 PM. If you waited for the tweet you didn't get any. Psyched I snagged em.

I actually got tickets after seeing the tweet, broke the f5 and got extremely lucky

Nice, you're one of the few! I was kicking myself I missed the party where they said farewell to Rockband with the American Pie closer but at least I won't miss this one. (the revival??)

• Options
    geekbeatradiogeekbeatradio Registered User new member
    edited February 2015
    We are throwing a really good one this year on Saturday night 3/7 starting at 8pm with some great music. Here are all the details.

love,
    geekbeatradio robot

facebook.com/geekbeatradio
    twitter.com/thegeekbeat

geekbeatradio.com presents a very special night at Sweetwater Boston

Co-sponsored by WEMFRadio.com, BOSTON8BIT and Rhythmus Records, geekbeatradio presents a lineup of amazing artists on the Saturday night of PAX East weekend!

featuring

Mega Ran
    megaranmusic.com

Danimal Cannon
    danimalcannon.bandcamp.com

RobotSexMusic
    robotsexmusic.net

Sam Mulligan

sammulligan.bandcamp.com

Radio Scotvoid [DJ set]
    mixcloud.com/rsvpdj

$15 at the door

https://www.facebook.com/events/1566383563648935

geekbeatradio on
  • Options
    BigaceBigace Registered User new member
    I noticed Asus party says no dress code was wondering if any other had dress codes?

• Options
    DragantDragant BostonRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to the PC Gamer party!

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I got 4 HMX tickets. You had to be refreshing the eventbrite page around 2 PM. If you waited for the tweet you didn't get any. Psyched I snagged em.

I actually got tickets after seeing the tweet, broke the f5 and got extremely lucky

Nice, you're one of the few! I was kicking myself I missed the party where they said farewell to Rockband with the American Pie closer but at least I won't miss this one. (the revival??)

I actually have a video of this from when I was there.. it was awesome (that whole night was).. let me dig it out.

Ahh.. here it is.. Forgive any quality issues.. I was trying to enjoy the moment and didn't really care too much about what I was recording :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uyNDsth3LBE

vttym on
  • Options
    H2O AcidicH2O Acidic Registered User regular
    UnnDunn wrote: »
    For anyone who was able to buy Wave 1 tickets for the Harmonix party, were you able to buy more than one or is it one per costumer? I want my friend to be ready to buy his own in case I cant but for him.
    I was able to buy 2 tickets. I think 2 is the maximum.

YOU BETTER MEET ME! We've known each other how long now? It's been since Major Nelson had an IRC room on his site. >.<

• Options
    H2O Acidic wrote: »
    Tickets are selling fast so here is the big news for anyone coming to Indies Need Booze. Adult Swim Games, and 3D Realms are now sponsors behind our event. This means even more swag for all our guests!

First 250 people will be getting a game code to Cubicity by Bubble Head Games, one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one game code from Indie Game Stand and one button from 3D Realms.

First 300 people will be getting one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, one game code from Indie Game Stand, and one button from 3D Realms

First 350 people will be getting one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one button from 3D Realms.

First 400 people get one game code from Adult Swim Games.

Also here is a list of all the games we are adding to be playable at our event!

Black Ice
    Chariot
    Worlds of REM
    Duck Game
    Rain World

You're going to help me with those 250 codes, right? (haha)

Also yes I'll be stuffing bags with all the codes in them. The way it works is once you get in you'll receive the bag with all the goodies.

Well I should have these all done by Indies Need Booze! :-P

k72f3lk84rk9.jpg

• Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Tickets are selling fast so here is the big news for anyone coming to Indies Need Booze. Adult Swim Games, and 3D Realms are now sponsors behind our event. This means even more swag for all our guests!

First 250 people will be getting a game code to Cubicity by Bubble Head Games, one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one game code from Indie Game Stand and one button from 3D Realms.

First 300 people will be getting one game code, and one lanyard from tinyBuild, one game code from Adult Swim Games, one game code from Indie Game Stand, and one button from 3D Realms

First 350 people will be getting one game code from Adult Swim Games, and one button from 3D Realms.

First 400 people get one game code from Adult Swim Games.

Also here is a list of all the games we are adding to be playable at our event!

Black Ice
    Chariot
    Worlds of REM
    Duck Game
    Rain World

You're going to help me with those 250 codes, right? (haha)

Also yes I'll be stuffing bags with all the codes in them. The way it works is once you get in you'll receive the bag with all the goodies.

Well I should have these all done by Indies Need Booze! :-P

k72f3lk84rk9.jpg

That looks fun! (Yes, I am a total weirdo.)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    Happy to see some more parties trickling in! Can't believe PAX is only 11 days away! Eeeeeep!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Next wave of harmonix party tickets are going out today. Unfortunately I missed the livestream referenced in the tweet. Did anyone catch the time?

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    craiola wrote: »
    Next wave of harmonix party tickets are going out today. Unfortunately I missed the livestream referenced in the tweet. Did anyone catch the time?

They haven't streamed at all within the last day. I think they meant the livestream is happening today at 5PM.. not 100% sure though.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    Solanales wrote: »
    craiola wrote: »

They haven't streamed at all within the last day. I think they meant the livestream is happening today at 5PM.. not 100% sure though.

Yep this was confirmed. Well damn. Twitch is blacklisted at my work. Guess I'll be hitting f5 for an hour T.T

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Start about 4:55, and f5 4tw. They popped about 30 sec to a minute before the tweet went out, last time.

• Options
    UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    For anyone who was able to buy Wave 1 tickets for the Harmonix party, were you able to buy more than one or is it one per costumer? I want my friend to be ready to buy his own in case I cant but for him.

YOU BETTER MEET ME! We've known each other how long now? It's been since Major Nelson had an IRC room on his site. >.<

Oh snap! This is definitely happening. :)

• Options
    RappakRappak Registered User regular
    Harmonix tickets went up and out in a minute again. Sigh.

• Options
    yay! everyone in my group managed to secure harmonix tix. The power of the f5 prevails once again :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    sashidesashide Registered User new member
    Harmonix was in less than a minute, seconds actually. People on twitch reported that they could buy 10! which is 10% of the 100 they put up.. when the limit was supposed to be 4. Kind of ridiculous.

• Options
    DrusycDrusyc Registered User regular
    Man what happened to the parties this year? PAX South steal some resources away or is just the weather? anyway, couldnt get harmonix tix. im bummed. saturday night is empty atm. As far as parties id like to go to.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Not sure what happen there....they went super fast. But there are plenty of other things to do on Saturday night.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    sashidesashide Registered User new member
    Drusyc wrote: »
    Man what happened to the parties this year? PAX South steal some resources away or is just the weather? anyway, couldnt get harmonix tix. im bummed. saturday night is empty atm. As far as parties id like to go to.

I'm bummed too, and I bet Twitch party will be invite only. WTB another party on sat night.

• Options
    sashide wrote: »
    Harmonix was in less than a minute, seconds actually. People on twitch reported that they could buy 10! which is 10% of the 100 they put up.. when the limit was supposed to be 4. Kind of ridiculous.

Not sure if that is true. I got stuck in waiting room from start and soon as it refreshed it sold out.

• Options
    I managed to get 4 myself. Some people in twitch chat did say they got 10. Thats a bit much but what are you gonna do i guess? That being said... I'll seeya there!

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Managed to score one for myself during my drive home, it wasn't easy lol. IMO, I doubt anyone really got 10, what the hell would they do with extras. But I'm sure there will be tons of stuff, last year I was able to do 2 parties a night. It does seem quieter this time around, but we still have time for more announcements.

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    I think it's going to be a lot of last minute announcements. It is a bit quiet this year though.

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    sashide wrote: »

Not sure if that is true. I got stuck in waiting room from start and soon as it refreshed it sold out.
    From twitch chat:
    Tix announced as up.
    15 second later they said "95/100 tix in carts"
    15 seconds later they said "sold out"

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    The fact is with South being so close as well as GDC? right after the show, a lot of companies are just not going to put up the $$$$ needed for a big party like before. I still feel like we may see one or two pop up but this is definitely a sad party year.

• Options
    This being my first PAX experience I don't have much to compare it with, but with the pokecrawl, asus rog, and harmonix parties... I think i'm pretty well swamped with parties for my time there. I'm looking forward to it though!

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I can only speak to PAX East, but I imagine PAX in general is a lesson in right place, right time, with a mixture of luck and patience. Parties are no different. Fortunately, PAX is more than any one party and let's remember that you will never be able to do everything you want to do with your time in Boston next week. Yes, it sucks to miss out on something, but look at is as an opportunity to do something else, rather than sulking about not doing what you initially wanted.

• Options
    BlueLaguna88BlueLaguna88 Registered User new member
    I feel like I'm missing something but is there anything else going on Saturday besides the canceled Sanshee party?

• Options
    The Harmonix party (now sold out) is also on Saturday. I suspect the Twitch party might be that night, too (but may be invite only). I also think there will be a couple of OTHER parties, announced either early next week OR on the show floor, itself. For example: Check out the Bioware room and ask around.

• Options
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    pilferk wrote: »

21 tickets left!!

Sold Out

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    And the Gearbox/2k party is sold out!

• Options
    FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    Well damn.

• Options
    DrusycDrusyc Registered User regular
    haha oh man. well maybe there will be more...

• Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Hopefully, wow that was quick. Wish I had checked sooner

f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, funny thing I went on break at work, glanced at my phone and seen a friend share it on Facebook. Quickly nabbed two. One for me and other for GF. When I got off work and got home it was sold out.

• Options

Oh snap! This is definitely happening. :)

Shocked you didn't realize I was in this thread. Ping me on Xbox Live or something and we'll make plans there.

• Options
    pilferk wrote: »

21 tickets left!!

Sold Out

DOH!

Holy crap that was fast!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    DAMN I wish I known sooner. I want to go to that Borderlands Party.

mYPBAfl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.