As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Warframe] thread may be completely redundant!

PeenPeen Registered User regular
edited February 2015 in Social Entropy++
LNI5QBol.jpg

Warframe is a free-to-play console game on XBox One and PS4 where you're a space ninja with guns and I guess you can play with other people too? And it's kinda like Destiny? And there are hubs now, making it more MMOish?

I'll level with you, I just signed up for this last night and don't have any idea what's going on. I have some silver money that I'm going to spend on new pistols and swords tonight, and my dude shoots lightning, and there's this jerk with a robot eye. He sucks apparently? And there's a chat that pops up on the right side of my screen when I'm in my ship and that looks like an unending nightmare that I'm going to avoid at all costs.

There's a wiki that my work filter blocks on the grounds that it contains "weapons" but I bet that's helpful!

Anybody else playing it and know more than me? Anybody want to play together or be in the same clan or make a clan or otherwise be social somehow? Should there be a list of gamertags in the OP? I'll go ahead and start one:

XBone: tw1tch0rz (peen)

PS4:

Peen on

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    It's also on PC (steam, etc) btw.

Which is where I've been playing it with a handful of friends and, sometimes, the G&T clan.

It's quite a bit of fun! But I can't say I do much solo play right now, because it's a bit too repetitive on my own.

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    First big tip, the silver money is Platinum, the cash currency. Only spend it on extra inventory slots for warframes and weapons! All weapons and warframes can be unlocked for free but cash is the only way to get those extra slots.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I have a space ninja

join one of the pa clans by asking in the G&T threads

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'll do that! Serves me right for not just going to G&T in the first place.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I am going to use this opportunity to talk about my relatively recently completed Boar Prime.
    I evidently was not looking super closely at the stats, and as such I expected to use a DPS build for it. However, not long into my use of it I realized I was getting a positively absurd number of procs, sometimes multiple at once, and due to the scatter of it being a shotgun, I was doing this to whole groups at once. As I tend to run squishy CC or nukers, being able to disable entire groups of enemies at once or even just a single heavy extremely quickly was incredibly useful. So, I adjusted my build significantly. The focus was no longer DPS, but being able to keep firing as much as possible (after getting my proc chance up, of course.) So, for the first time, I used reload speed and ammo mutation mods in a serious build. Reload speed, I know! I was as surprised as you.
    So, yes. Boar Prime: weird as hell and super awesome. Get it.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I am going to use this opportunity to talk about my relatively recently completed Boar Prime.
    I evidently was not looking super closely at the stats, and as such I expected to use a DPS build for it. However, not long into my use of it I realized I was getting a positively absurd number of procs, sometimes multiple at once, and due to the scatter of it being a shotgun, I was doing this to whole groups at once. As I tend to run squishy CC or nukers, being able to disable entire groups of enemies at once or even just a single heavy extremely quickly was incredibly useful. So, I adjusted my build significantly. The focus was no longer DPS, but being able to keep firing as much as possible (after getting my proc chance up, of course.) So, for the first time, I used reload speed and ammo mutation mods in a serious build. Reload speed, I know! I was as surprised as you.
    So, yes. Boar Prime: weird as hell and super awesome. Get it.

I should forma mine and level up more of my shotgun mods. I really love my Hek with it's maxed hell's chamber and scattered justice mods (that's the Steel Meridian syndicate Hek mod that adds 200% multishot, with hell's chamber that's 320% total) and I also really like the Kohm. I still want to get 4 Mirage's with Kohms and get hall of mirrors up and see if it'll completely destroy my framerate. Most of the other shotguns seem to be poop, though I like the Drakgoon just because it's the flak canon from Unreal Tournament.

JtgVX0H.png