As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Webcomics Thread: Still the Worst 1973

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    For an evil queen of hell, she's missing the obvious play of bringing him down there with her.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Just use Tim's new alien energy thing that's making all those demon bears. I mean, they're demon bears, where else could they be coming from?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Full body scarves.

tumblr_n3130hP4b61t33e4yo1_400.jpg

That's just a blanket draped over his shoulders

JtgVX0H.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So is her stint in Hell separate from her soul, or what

Like, when Death has her soul, how is she still walking about doing her horn thing

dN0T6ur.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    please, god jesus, let this lead to Eustace Boyce, Demon Hunter, Slayer of Death

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Damn, I've been skimming Scary Go Round/Bobbins for ages in this thread and this is what gets me hooked? Argh! I wish I still didn't care!

Gvzbgul on
  • FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Color me cynical, but I get the feeling this is just Allison writing Erin out of the comic again.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    Color me cynical, but I get the feeling this is just Allison writing Erin out of the comic again.

I... yes? Yes that is what just happened.

• MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular

fairly sure this is a fakeout given Tim's Doom 3-styled Science Portal to Hell

I suspect she'll disappear for a few pages and come back unexpectedly

l3icwZV.png
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Well something better happen.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

I... yes? Yes that is what just happened.

People are speculating about how Boyce might seek her out, or how she might come back. I'm just saying I don't think that's Allison's intention. He's stated before that he was never particularly fond of the character.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I really have no clue what Allison is up to here. I don't want to believe that he'd just dump Erin after going through so much trouble to bring her back.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Derelict is rumored to have a monster's dick and someone having a nice day
    Neither are in today's comic
    150223.jpg

2015-02-23-1103gold.png
    If you widen the definition of leprechaun to include all of humanity, then we all gain the power to make each other's wishes come true. Thank you for watching my TED talk.

I really have no clue what Allison is up to here. I don't want to believe that he'd just dump Erin after going through so much trouble to bring her back.

Well, it's worth noting that one of the reasons he brought her back was to serve as an older foil to the kids in Bad Machinery. After having trouble figuring out what to do with her back in Scary Go Round, he felt that role actually gave her something interesting to do. Now that Bad Machinery has ended, that role doesn't really work the same anymore.

tumblr_nk1jspbm0i1qhnegdo1_r1_500.jpg

275.jpg

2-10-4.jpg.jpeg

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    That's two weeks with the "rash"? Hoooly crap
    The subject not being able to sit up in bed in the latter shots is a sad but attentive detail.

Panda4You on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    zzZwHt4.png

you're good at this

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    :bigfrown:

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Hair loss from the disease, as well.

Urgh, a little too real of detail on that page for me to enjoy it

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    tumblr_nk6qvzloxR1qi5uq0o1_r2_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk6qvzloxR1qi5uq0o2_500.jpg
    Sketchbook stuff from Terrible Terrible Terrible

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    275.jpg
    And that's the book Lalli found earlier. These particular photographs are of someone who did not become a troll in the end, just dead. Aaaaand that's info page 2/2 and officially the very last page of this chapter, so chapter 6 will begin in exactly 2 weeks from now, on Wednesday. But I still have a thing to post tomorrow, plus I'll post the chapter cover on...mmm....Friday. But yes, chapter officially over, but see you tomorrow. :3

Important lore hints over on Stand Still Stay Silent

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Disappointed that did not end with turning into a real dick.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2015-02-24-classes.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular

I think it might be even more than just having Erin go back to hell and everyone forgets about her. I think John A might be closing out the SGR-verse. Everything about this arc feels very final to me, like he's tie-ing up loose ends. If he's tired of Tackleford and wants to move on to a new setting with new characters, this would be a tidy way to end it all and start over anew. Hoping that I'm wrong, though.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
    edited February 2015
    Seriously wrote: »
    zzZwHt4.png

you're good at this
    Ugh, that girl really stuffed herself full of terrible opinion today.

Panda4You on
    Fuck yoooooooooooou

YL9WnCY.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    please, god jesus, let this lead to Eustace Boyce, Demon Hunter, Slayer of Death

those MMOs trained him for this day!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    using you're correctly feels wrong to me now

I think I am entering the final stages

By the end of the year we'll be harvesting your posts for jerkcity strips

YL9WnCY.png
    The Black Brick Road of Oz

kUEiFqW.jpg

Pepper is not someone I would consider an adult in dating

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    sfp-5-91-for-web.png

aRkpc.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Well... On the positive side, it's a nice-lookin' haircut?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    That's pretty good considering the tools used, yeah

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I wonder whether the murder rate should actually go up upon the proliferation of superpowers

aRkpc.gif
    ronya wrote: »
    I wonder whether the murder rate should actually go up upon the proliferation of superpowers

it would out of curiosity and the lack of emotional control

edited February 2015
    ronya wrote: »
    Not so much murder, unintended manslaughter by rampaging superpowers though...

Science lady could've shaved a bit more on the sides. I'm a fan of Mal's haircut in Lumberjanes (thanks whomever mentioned this in the last thread!), she's the punk girl on the left.
    Lumberjanes-672x372.jpg

Also, has there been any mentions of Alison's tactile sense? Like, is she in pain if you press a goddamn running powersaw against her? I imagine it can't even blemish her but if her nerves still react strongly to it it'd be a bit tricky doing that haircut thing no?

Panda4You on
This discussion has been closed.