As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any free blog sites that allow adult content?

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
My boyfriend writes a gay fiction blog and posts some pretty risque pictures in it sometimes. He's behind an adult content warning as required but Google sent him an email today saying they're shutting down all adult content sites. Are there any free blog sites out there that still allow adult content?

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Saw a thing on this on Engadget. they suggested Tumblr or WordPress.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Tumblr seems to be the popular choice these days.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Tumblr, WordPress, or Blogger from what I've seen allow this.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Thanks, all, I'll let him know! <3

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh, uh, looks like Google literally just banned explicit material from Blogger about an hour ago so that one's no good.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    One of my online friends posts explicit slasher-fic on wordpress.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Oh, uh, looks like Google literally just banned explicit material from Blogger about an hour ago so that one's no good.

I know, that's why I mentioned it in the OP. :D

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Psykoma wrote: »
    One of my online friends posts explicit slasher-fic on wordpress.

The issue is he likes to post photos too. That's what Google doesn't like any more. They're fine with the fiction.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    From what little I've seen Tumblr has very few posting guidelines about questionable content.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yep, use Tumblr. Their guidelines are about as minimally restrictive as possible.

https://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/community

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I don't know if this still affects you, but Google has reversed this policy, if he still cares to keep on using Blogger.

• Options
    Yay! Thanks for the update! He had one of the 10+ years blogs and deleting the stuff would have taken forever.