As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2015 Cosplay Thread

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    pardimate wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a small (child size) wooden bat would be allowed? It's not sharp, gun-like or explosive, but it is still weapon-esque so I wanted to confirm.

Bats are no longer prohibited, but still need to go through weapons check and get tagged on site.
    http://east.paxsite.com/safety-and-security#weapons-check-policies

Please don't swing it around and make us re-consider this.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • pardimatepardimate Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    pardimate wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a small (child size) wooden bat would be allowed? It's not sharp, gun-like or explosive, but it is still weapon-esque so I wanted to confirm.

Bats are no longer prohibited, but still need to go through weapons check and get tagged on site.
    http://east.paxsite.com/safety-and-security#weapons-check-policies

Please don't swing it around and make us re-consider this.

Good to know - thanks! I saw the policy no longer prohibited blunt objects, but I also know how tight security was last year so I thought I would check.

IL8kkvS.png
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Registered User regular
    I'll be doing Solaire of Astora from Dark Souls again. I'll need to praise extra hard to get some sunshine on the frozen east coast.g03jp2u75ec8.jpg

• PhotoVideoSamplesEtPhotoVideoSamplesEt Registered User regular
    I saw online that Legue of Legends did a Cosplay competition for all 3 days and while at PAX East on Saturday, I missed it. I wanted to see it this year but people are saying their are no LOL booths. LOL as in League of Legends?

Anyone else doing A Cosplay Competition or DeathMatch at PAX East? If yes, what date and time? I have the Friday Badge.

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm going as Ezio from Assassin's Creed, all 3 days. I feel like I haven't cosplayed at a con in so long (almost 5 years now I think?) I'm a little nervous but mostly really excited! Hoping to see some Kingdom Hearts or Destiny cosplayers next weekend. <3

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I saw online that Legue of Legends did a Cosplay competition for all 3 days and while at PAX East on Saturday, I missed it. I wanted to see it this year but people are saying their are no LOL booths. LOL as in League of Legends?

Anyone else doing A Cosplay Competition or DeathMatch at PAX East? If yes, what date and time? I have the Friday Badge.

LoL is not having the big booth (moshpit) on the floor this year. They have a cosplay lounge that is not in the expo hall. I think they're doing a panel as well, check the Guidebook schedule.

• macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Daughter & I are gonna be Toadette & Mario.

bbifl6def80u.jpg

macrogeek on
  • kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    heeyyyyyyy Got a Typhoid Mary thing going on... We'll see how the swords go.

• BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    If anyone would want to do a shoot let me know. I'm a photographer looking for some Friday shoots, could swing a Saturday shoot for the right costume, free as always

BigDumbHippy on
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular

this was mentioned back around page 2 - http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/eW1esQvu-na-live-events-in-2015 if you haven't read it before, goes into their plan for PAX in detail.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • DearMisterKidnapperDearMisterKidnapper Boston, MARegistered User regular
    for 5 years running I'll definitely be wearing my Ghostbusters gear with my buddies.
    qtmk9k077231.jpg

If I have time I'd love to wear my Louis Vuitton Stormtrooper at some point too
    80emlx6aijvq.jpg

Oh man I love you guys! I am not cosplaying this year though. Too much effort for only going one day. Just back to my ever so popular "Boobies of Distraction +5" shirt. Can't wait to see your cosplay again!

• LoopasLoopas Registered User new member
    We'll be there.

10620260_1508333532744433_1499025903372990805_o.jpg

10565286_1508333566077763_5605524044873095229_n.jpg?oh=1f54e0a19232a7fb51ccabcbcd9ef34b&oe=5592176C&__gda__=1434148071_658437299395b297ed37c76bf6689acf

• SquirrelDragonSquirrelDragon Registered User regular
    I'll be there, honoring the memory of Monty Oum in style, as Jaune Arc from RWBY
    maxresdefault.jpg

• minkthesatyrminkthesatyr Registered User new member
    Hi friends! I'll be dressed as Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2!
    I'll be doing a Borderlands themed "we are at a convention" game at PAX East for the con-goers... (info here: https://facebook.com/minkthesatyr/photos/a.686232628128225.1073741831.684963484921806/762577247160429/?type=1&theater). So do look out for me!!

I can't wait to see everyone's cosplay! Get in touch with me if you're planning a Borderlands cosplay too! We can all vault-hunt together! <3

~Mink the Satyr
    https://facebook.com/minkthesatyr

• JackWrenJackWren Registered User regular
    Anyone else woefully behind and in total panic mode?

PS Mink, if my Borderlands Athena cross play isn't prepped in time, I'll be there as Axton.

• SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    JackWren wrote: »
    Yep. Had to scrap my costume to focus on my daughters.

• FullbobFullbob Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    The Law shall be present!

Fullbob on
  • SiraRavenSiraRaven Registered User regular

Yup, definitely. Trying to finish up Aqua from Kingdom Hearts in a the next few days - unfortunately, won't have time to make a keyblade like I was hoping too.

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    SiraRaven wrote: »

Yup, definitely. Trying to finish up Aqua from Kingdom Hearts in a the next few days - unfortunately, won't have time to make a keyblade like I was hoping too.

The same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was going to cosplay Kairi. Didn't have enough time to finish the keyblade. :cry: Kingdom Hearts cosplayers make me so happy though. :D

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    If anyone is interested, I am currently booking spots for cosplay shoots on Sunday of this years pax. Message me if you are interested and I'll send you a link to my page so you can sign up/see my previous work! :)

I'm doing 10 minute slots, and I can do groups too! (And I don't charge! Lol)

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    MissMoogle wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I am currently booking spots for cosplay shoots on Sunday of this years pax. Message me if you are interested and I'll send you a link to my page so you can sign up/see my previous work! :)

I'm doing 10 minute slots, and I can do groups too! (And I don't charge! Lol)

Wow that's awesome. Just messaged you for more info. :)

DXLJjjr.png
  • minkthesatyrminkthesatyr Registered User new member
    PS Mink, if my Borderlands Athena cross play isn't prepped in time, I'll be there as Axton.

Hey Jack!! Can you msg me on FB? http://facebook.com/minkthesatyr
    We should totally meet up! ^__^

• fajraxofajraxo Registered User regular

Oh god, my Yukiko cosplay is done, but still finishing up my Winter Wonder Orianna in the middle of midterms is not fun.

Absolutely xX Will be finishing the last parts tonight. It wouldn't be cosplaying if it weren't last minute.

DXLJjjr.png
  • littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    My costume's pretty well finished and I'm still in panic mode.

• DLRexxDLRexx Registered User new member
    fajraxo wrote: »
    Oh god, my Yukiko cosplay is done, but still finishing up my Winter Wonder Orianna in the middle of midterms is not fun.

Woo another persona cosplay! I'm doing mine on Friday, what day are you doing yours?

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    I last minute decided to finish my justicar syndra cosplay. So much left to do!!!

• fajraxofajraxo Registered User regular
    DLRexx wrote: »
    Woo another persona cosplay! I'm doing mine on Friday, what day are you doing yours?
    Didn't have a plan yet, but if you're doing it on Friday, I'll wear mine and keep an eye out for you. Keep an eye out for a Yu/Yukiko pair. Who are you doing?
    yutani san wrote: »
    I last minute decided to finish my justicar syndra cosplay. So much left to do!!!
    Nice! There's plans for a League photoshoot on Saturday. You should check it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/378345112346107

• sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    2 days left and I'm scrambling to make last minute adjustments! If you see me, please ignore any imperfections you see (smudged paint, etc)

Finally finished! gqhhblds469z.jpg

DXLJjjr.png
  • Mistress_IshboMistress_Ishbo Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    q1lvpfn5fxwh.jpg

I'll be there Sunday! Find me! Say hello!!

• SilverIceDragonSilverIceDragon New YorkRegistered User regular

YES. I vastly underestimated how much time it would take to paint my armor, so every day this week I've been staying up until 5 AM.... Looks like it will be finished on time though.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    fajraxo wrote: »
    DLRexx wrote: »
    Didn't have a plan yet, but if you're doing it on Friday, I'll wear mine and keep an eye out for you. Keep an eye out for a Yu/Yukiko pair. Who are you doing?
    yutani san wrote: »
    Nice! There's plans for a League photoshoot on Saturday. You should check it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/378345112346107

Thanks! Already joined it :) it actually motivated me to finish my cosplay. I have to sew a fe things when I get home from work and hope I get that completed with no hang ups .

• SandvichSandvich Registered User regular

YES. I vastly underestimated how much time it would take to paint my armor, so every day this week I've been staying up until 5 AM.... Looks like it will be finished on time though.

Are you going be be giantdad like your avatar implies?

• DelilahHaydenDelilahHayden Registered User new member
    I'll be there Friday & Saturday as The Puppet (female version) from Five Nights at Freddy's. If there are any other FnaF cosplayers, let me know! And we'll find Markiplier together. X3

I also have a Twitter for meet ups @Delilah_Hayden

• Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    3633k6fdmb7t.jpg
    See ya'll all 3 days (Friday minimum in costume):

Account4This on
    Ness.jpg 754.3K
  • Rapid99Rapid99 Swedesboro, NJRegistered User regular
    :(

Funds and time ran short and I haven't been able to complete my cosplay v.v which is really bumming me out, cause that's like half of the reason I go x.x

Oh well, next year v.v

• JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Oh man I love you guys! I am not cosplaying this year though. Too much effort for only going one day. Just back to my ever so popular "Boobies of Distraction +5" shirt. Can't wait to see your cosplay again!

Thanks! We'll be loud and annoying, won't be able to miss us :P

• SilverIceDragonSilverIceDragon New YorkRegistered User regular
    Sandvich wrote: »

Are you going be be giantdad like your avatar implies?

No, sorry. I'm going as Tyrael this year. The father mask might make an appearance though :biggrin:

• DigitalxRequiemDigitalxRequiem South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Il be there in my brand new Jedi. Going to try like hell to get my new black robe done tomorrow to better match the grey tunic.
    1511902_10153018199622559_370361633719970306_n_zpssbbn7qg3.jpg

10364195_10153018148202559_3883436211429062273_n_zpsh0mlosib.jpg