As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

LoL NA Regionals not held at PAX Prime 2015

LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in PAX West

• jamsyarbotsjamsyarbots Wilmington, DERegistered User regular
    Wow! I feel like this could probably open up more space for the other games but I did enjoy seeing the spectacle that LoL brought in.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I'm very, very ok with this news.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    Super glad to hear this.

Probably won't make it any easier to get tickets to PAX Prime, but still. :)

• Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    ^ Thing is no one ever really knew how many people were buying passes specifically for LoL. I figure if anything that might have happened more the first time it happened but probably not nearly as much the 2nd time. I would say that it will have no effect on how quickly the 4day passes or sold it may slow down the individual days being sold

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Does this mean the queue room might get repurposed for TT?! *crossing fingers*

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • TechniqueTechnique Goonswarm Exterminator Registered User regular

Hopefully, I never really tried out any of the table games at Pax last year and really wanted to try something like Settlers of Catan. Maybe something like pathfinder, but I have a feeling that game is too long to do.

o4vrzit5k22f.png
    Technique wrote: »

Hopefully, I never really tried out any of the table games at Pax last year and really wanted to try something like Settlers of Catan. Maybe something like pathfinder, but I have a feeling that game is too long to do.

You would have had an issue finding a group to play with last year with everything so spread out. If everything is close together no issues finding a group to play Settlers with. :)

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular

I seriously hope they do this. Tabletop needs some major help at Prime. It is a long shot though since the man power required to set up and take down each day would be significant.

IhtGIyi.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »

I seriously hope they do this. Tabletop needs some major help at Prime. It is a long shot though since the man power required to set up and take down each day would be significant.

True. Didn't LOL do their own set up and take down in 2014 each morning?

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular

True. Didn't LOL do their own set up and take down in 2014 each morning?

Mainly yes, I think there might have been a few enforcers helping, and Mountain Dew did their own set up & take down the year before.
    A simple solution might be to only have a few enforcers assigned to set up/take down and ask the attendees to help. I would volunteer a half hour to set up/take down each day if that meant a better tabletop area.

IhtGIyi.png
    A simple solution might be to only have a few enforcers assigned to set up/take down and ask the attendees to help. I would volunteer a half hour to set up/take down each day if that meant a better tabletop area.

Yea for sure! At this point I would do just about anything to get a better TT area.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Hell, I'll help do setup and and tear down if needed. I don't wanna do a full Enforcer thing but popping in at the start and end of the day to shoot the shit with PAX peeps while getting some easy work done? Yeah, that's cool. I'm not a TT guy but I'd be glad to help anyway.

No guarantees about showing up without a hangover but after six PAXes I think I've conclusively proven that I'm pretty good at operating with one. :lol:

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Scipo9thScipo9th Registered User regular
    Interesting. I wonder what happened with the higher ups. But anyway this is big news and I wonder what will happen with badge availability.

• PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Scipo9th wrote: »
    Interesting. I wonder what happened with the higher ups. But anyway this is big news and I wonder what will happen with badge availability.

I don't think it really came down to anything like that; Riot is simply outgrowing PAX. They can definitely fund their own events now, and give PAX more of their own space. They're still going to be there, they just aren't going to take up half the convention center anymore. They were at PAX South and did a panel, but had no booth.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Aww, go figure. For a few PAXs in a row I'd say "I don't know why people are so into that" because I'd tried LoL a few years back and didn't go for it. After seeing all the people at this year's PAX and spending a little time watching, I decided to give LoL another shot. Now my family and I play it all the time and we were looking forward to watching the LCS finals at PAX '15! Oh well.

• StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    I am quite happy to see them move on. Hopefully they find greener pastures - I won't miss the spectacle :)

Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009