As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha: Volume 1 Kickstarter! - Pinny Involved

HijumpHijump Registered User regular
edited February 2015 in Pinny Arcade
Hello and good morning!
I just woke up to find that Katie has put up a new kickstarter!
This is for her first volume of her comic "Camp Weedonwantcha". If you want to back it for $75 you also get an official pinny of Brian (shown below)
ep29hj8nt8z9.png
Idk about you guys but I love her comic, and I am excited to back her project!
Have a great day!
-Hijump

Edit: Spelling

Hijump on

• SKOoOTASKOoOTA Ascot Vale, Australia.Registered User regular
    Love Katie's work as well. Finding the Kitty in every strip takes me back to Primary School and an artist named Jeff Hook who used to hide fishing hooks in all his comics strips. I backed the $125 tier to grab the CWKS2015 Tshirt as well, wish I had enough spare change for the Cameo in a strip one though. :?

• HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Oh sweet! I'll be backing this (mostly to support Katie, but a pin certainly doesn't hurt).

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • 2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I back it for $75 now bring on September so we can get the Book and the Pin

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    If it's anything like Table Titans it will be a while before any of that stuff ships.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah! Katie or Abbie = instant backer :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Backed at $75. Definitely don't wanna miss out on this potentially rare Pin.

• Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Did 75 dollars as well because I don't want to miss out on another pin that I will never own.

Edit: actually changed it to $100. Comic is very good and I just can't pass up a signed hardcover copy.

Geometric Cube on
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    If it's anything like Table Titans it will be a while before any of that stuff ships.

Only if Katie decides to recolor every strip.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    There's a fair chance the leftover pins will just go on the PA shop or PAXs at some point in the future. Table Titans had plenty leftover for sale at PAX from their KS, I actually got my bard way quicker from PAX, still waiting on the one from KS :P

The pin will be the least problematic thing for Katie to get made, so I'm sure she'll put the order through in 29days or so and she'll know how many to put aside for KS. You can also just tally up the total backers in the last few hours who get pins and subtract from 1000 or so.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    ----
    Take this statement as you will, but she tweeted this earlier:
    Another definite is that the pin will never be sold on its own. We'll probably do an FAQ regarding the pin soon. Thanks!
    Source:

Pins!
    Now, based on that statement, I would wonder if she means to imply that any future sale of the pin would be tied to another purchase (say, buy the book and the pin together). But hey, the FAQ will hopefully clear that up.

Pins!
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »

Only if Katie decides to recolor every strip.

Yeah I don't really agree with every change he has made. I only read the strip once, and thought it was at ton of fun but if I was the guy who originally colored it I would be upset. It will be interesting to see what stretch goals she does. It should be a pretty book.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Take this statement as you will, but she tweeted this earlier:
    Another definite is that the pin will never be sold on its own. We'll probably do an FAQ regarding the pin soon. Thanks!
    Source:

Well then... this is a dark future we're entering you guys. Already backed it anyway at the $75 level, but there's a possibility for me to jump up to that $100 one.

Eeeep.

This will be interesting, there is likely going to be left over pins. What will be their fate if not sold? Competitions, destroyed, left to rot in a warehouse till the end of times?

----
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    She'll probably have some to trade with over time, but who knows!

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ack, was in for the book level....but pin....

Take my $90 (+$15 AU tax yay!)

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Hey everybody! This is Adam, I'm running the Weedonwantcha Kickstarter with Katie.

I've added a FAQ on the Kickstarter page regarding the pin. We definitely want to come up with a solution that honors our backers AND the Pinny Arcade community. We would love to avoid creating a dark future!

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »
    Hey everybody! This is Adam, I'm running the Weedonwantcha Kickstarter with Katie.

I've added a FAQ on the Kickstarter page regarding the pin. We definitely want to come up with a solution that honors our backers AND the Pinny Arcade community. We would love to avoid creating a dark future!

Don't forget the various Childs Play outlets such as Desert Bus would love to have a couple of sought after Pins to give away / auction off.

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular

Thanks Adam. Love your work on the comic and I chipped in for the $100 pledge. I'm thinking of moving in the next month, so how do i inform you of that before the rewards come out? And is it just Katie, or are you both signing the books?

Much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your pledge!

Don't worry about moving. When we get close to shipping the rewards, we'll send out a Kickstarter survey where everyone can provide their preferred shipping address.

I would guess most people just want Katie's signature, but I still might sign the book too... I'll just make sure to sign it real small so nobody will notice.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks so much for your pledge!

Don't worry about moving. When we get close to shipping the rewards, we'll send out a Kickstarter survey where everyone can provide their preferred shipping address.

I would guess most people just want Katie's signature, but I still might sign the book too... I'll just make sure to sign it real small so nobody will notice.

it could be like the cats and we have try to find what page you signed!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Is there a chance of putting in an add on section and being able to get an extra
    Pin? For example pledge at the $75 level and add on an additional $15 to get an extra pin. I would like both my son and I to have pins.

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about this is we're one, maybe two PAXen away from me being able to make a whole Camp Weedonwantcha frame. Because this makes 4 CW pins, I think: the stacked campers, the box of cats, Purdy, and now gloomy Brian.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • big haircutbig haircut Registered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Is there a chance of putting in an add on section and being able to get an extra
    Pin? For example pledge at the $75 level and add on an additional $15 to get an extra pin. I would like both my son and I to have pins.

Great question! I would love an option for a 2nd

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    That will be good to know.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I am on the fence about this.
    90AUD is a lot for a pin, and while I know the pin is not the point of the kickstarter. That is why i'm interested in it.
    I don't have a DLC, so its not like i'm trying to keep my set complete.
    arrrrrrghhh I don't know......

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I am on the fence about this.
    90AUD is a lot for a pin, and while I know the pin is not the point of the kickstarter. That is why i'm interested in it.
    I don't have a DLC, so its not like i'm trying to keep my set complete.
    arrrrrrghhh I don't know......

This is where being Hardcore starts to thin the herd. It helps to be a fan of pretty much everything coming out of PA, and Camp Weedonwantcha is fantastic. Katie is just super nice too, so I like getting to back this.

• GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    I know it is a lot for a pin. I will have a hard time parting with 75 bucks, but you get two prints (one by Gabe) the book and stuff so for me it's a good amount for your money. If you are not interested in that stuff in the least then it would be a lot just for the pin. At least it goes to a good cause.

• dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    I like the idea mentioned above of an option to add a second pin for an additional $10 or $15 with these types of drives, as it would get some of them actually circulating through trades.

It's nice to think that the hardcore X fan could get a second of a rare X pin, which they could trade with the hardcore Y fan for a rare Y-related pin.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I would definitely add more to the pledge for a second pin.

But I think you might be able to trade for them at future PAX, or purchase the book and get the pin at a future pax, as she wont be selling it on its own.

Apart from that, there will likely be competitions, maybe some fukubukoro bags, and some staff may have some for trade. There will be options. This is just the only one known so far, and it's a definite. You might be able to sell on the book and get some of the cash back, if you're worried about finances.

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular

/poke @AdamRW :) Please do consider this. Lots of Kickstarters offer "add-ons" at certain pledge levels. This being the only way to obtain this pin puts it in the "Collectible" category, and I would like to get more to trade with. It's an awesome design!

• HijumpHijump Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »

/poke @AdamRW :) Please do consider this. Lots of Kickstarters offer "add-ons" at certain pledge levels. This being the only way to obtain this pin puts it in the "Collectible" category, and I would like to get more to trade with. It's an awesome design!

I already up'd mine to an even $100 from the $85 I had originally backed so if I could add a note saying that id like that to go for another pin. That would be awesome!

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    tbf, I'd allow it as an add on but only if you purchased the 75 level. that stops people from buying a lower level and just doing a bunch of pins (happens in a lot of KS's)

Solelron wrote: »
    tbf, I'd allow it as an add on but only if you purchased the 75 level. that stops people from buying a lower level and just doing a bunch of pins (happens in a lot of KS's)

I think it's fair to assume only 1000 of these guys are being made, so if something like this happens it probably wouldn't be until later, because if 600 people are getting the pin and they let everyone get an extra... there's chances for going overboard and screwing up.

Personally I don't see it being an add on, but I'd sure love an extra!

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Hey, guys!

Sorry that I've been quiet on the subject for a little bit. Things have been busy with the Kickstarter, but know that we are actively considering our options when it comes to doing the pin as an add-on.

We've talked to the people in charge of doing our fulfillment to make sure that doing the add-ons wouldn't make life too difficult. Our #1 priority is making sure everything goes smoothly with the Kickstarter, and that includes making the fulfillment process as quick and painless as possible.

I will say that if we were to do a pin as an add-on, it would definitely be limited to people who had already pledged at a pin level (which starts at $75). We would also limit it to ONE additional pin per order.

All that said, nothing has been officially decided, and nothing probably will be until next week at the earliest. I promise that I'll update everybody in this thread when we move forward one way or the other... I'm sorry if I'm being annoyingly difficult or wishy-washy. This is the first Kickstarter we've done, and we're trying to be careful with our decisions!

Thanks for all of your feedback (and pledges!) and I'll talk to you all soon!

• GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Hey, guys!

Sorry that I've been quiet on the subject for a little bit. Things have been busy with the Kickstarter, but know that we are actively considering our options when it comes to doing the pin as an add-on.

We've talked to the people in charge of doing our fulfillment to make sure that doing the add-ons wouldn't make life too difficult. Our #1 priority is making sure everything goes smoothly with the Kickstarter, and that includes making the fulfillment process as quick and painless as possible.

I will say that if we were to do a pin as an add-on, it would definitely be limited to people who had already pledged at a pin level (which starts at $75). We would also limit it to ONE additional pin per order.

All that said, nothing has been officially decided, and nothing probably will be until next week at the earliest. I promise that I'll update everybody in this thread when we move forward one way or the other... I'm sorry if I'm being annoyingly difficult or wishy-washy. This is the first Kickstarter we've done, and we're trying to be careful with our decisions!

Thanks for all of your feedback (and pledges!) and I'll talk to you all soon!

No problem! Thanks for working with us crazy pin folk and for keeping us updated.

• Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    +1 for one additional pin for my order...will keep an eye out for KS updates hopefully in the near future.