As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Am I the only one who hate fandoms?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have a serious soft spot for Gin Blossoms. It's pretty embarrassing but it's very true.

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    How many times will I misread this thread title as "am I the only one who hates condoms"

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    You weren't a teen unless you played a burned copy of the pulp fiction soundtrack at a dozen house party's imho

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I didn't start listening to music for real until like 2005. Mostly because guitar hero taught me that classic rock that my mom always listened to was actually kinda cool.

But now I mostly really dig metal music a whole lot.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I owned a copy of the Fight Club soundtrack which I left in my father's car's CD player. He had no problem telling me what he thought of my taste in "music" and to never leave it in his car again.

My mom always played classic rock right?

Except if anything even remotely prog rocky came on she would change it.

I have a huge hole in my music knowledge of that stuff when it comes to pink floyd and led zeppelin and that kind of stuff.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    in this poster's opinion you weren't a true teen unless you performed a freestyle form at a taekwondo tournament set to the music that morpheus tests neo's kung fu to

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    You weren't a teenager unless you listened to Killer Cuts entirely too much.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    in this poster's opinion you weren't a true teen unless you performed a freestyle form at a taekwondo tournament set to the music that morpheus tests neo's kung fu to

Agree

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I used to listen to the White Album record over and over again. On a record player. In the 90s.

My mom was a pretty big hippie and doesn't like throwing stuff away.

that feeling when you're riding the super himalaya at the state fair and you know all the popular kids from your class are in line for it and can see you and papa roach's last resort comes on

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Who signed the contract in the early 2000s that every movie needed to feature All Star by Smashmouth?

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Who signed the contract in the early 2000s that every movie needed to feature All Star by Smashmouth?
    http://youtu.be/5DvFHh411H4

That was me, I'm sorry. I was very drunk and I associated that song with running the bounce house at my summer job and I had no idea how bad things would get.

I.

What the fuck

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    goddamnit neil c

If nothing else.

I applaud the effort.

Nuka just told me that she's never seen Hackers.

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I WAS 8 YEARS OLD.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Also Weaver was 16 or so.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    CRASH OVERRIDE

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Man, you guys need more angry girls in your music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-5VAmOAz8

Man how much do I hate to admit how much this band affected my taste in women.

My gf showed me hackers when we started dating.

In 2007.

edited February 2015
    I listen to the dumbest shit whenever I resub to WoW

I play an undead rogue so it just seems so fitting to listen to bad numetal.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Man, you guys need more angry girls in your music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-5VAmOAz8

Man how much do I hate to admit how much this band affected my taste in women.

I fucking love Kittie so much. They're why I got into Otep

JtgVX0H.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I was in high school when Hackers came out, but I've never seen it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

I.

What the fuck

http://youtu.be/dQFUA2cr1fw

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My favorite musician in 5th grade was Seal

in my defense Kiss From A Rose is a pretty good song

I mean it was in that Batman movie, so uh

Hey, sometimes you gotta get a little crazy

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Also I used to have the Hackers soundtrack and I blame @Fuselage for not having it now. I no longer have the facts to back this up, but I do have truthiness.

Also, also, my phone recognizes the word truthiness.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    When I was younger I used to listen to massive amounts of UK hardstyle and so on

still do, fuck yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXbzfPwEtM

EDIT: lets go with an album cover with less women in their underwear shall we

Solar on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    All this talk of music from the 90's and no one mentioned Linkin Park? I listened to their cd so many times. Damn that was some teen angst. Oh and the terrible terrible dbz music videos set to them.

As far as fandoms go, I have never seen more smug and self righteous fans then music hipsters. They are harmless really but damn they are annoying. Hipster joke : How many hipsters does it take to change a light bulb? It's an obscure number, you wouldn't know it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Why do hipsters burn their fingers when changing a lightbulb?
    They did it before it was cool.

I got into an argument with my mom about if colonists on Mars would ever identify as "martians"

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that sounds like a hell of an argument.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    All this talk of music from the 90's and no one mentioned Linkin Park? I listened to their cd so many times. Damn that was some teen angst. Oh and the terrible terrible dbz music videos set to them.

As far as fandoms go, I have never seen more smug and self righteous fans then music hipsters. They are harmless really but damn they are annoying. Hipster joke : How many hipsters does it take to change a light bulb? It's an obscure number, you wouldn't know it.

I still like Linkin Park. And Fallout Boy. And My Chemical Romance. And even some Nickelback.

However I'm not the sort of person who listens to music because it "speaks to me" but rather because of the rhythm and whether or not I like it. This is why I like power/symphonic metal so much.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

I never got into Linkin Park, which is odd since I love numetal so much and lots of my friends were huge fans of them.

It was Slipknot and Korn and Static-X and Marilyn Manson, then later Atreyu and Hatebreed and Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage, etc.

JtgVX0H.png