As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, February 27, 2015 - Millinery Industrial Complex

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Friday, February 27, 2015 - Millinery Industrial Complex

Millinery Industrial Complex

Millinery Industrial Complex

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2015/02/27

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    The sacrifices a hunter makes

I can't fucking believe the gagua gear is still around

i guess some people really like it????

• Options
    Ringo26Ringo26 Registered User new member
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, but is it blue and black or white and gold?

Ringo26 on
  • Options
    NemrexNemrex Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting another Farside vibe again, especially from the last panel. Which, don't get me wrong, is damn funny.

Also, they appear to be playing with Tycho's bestiality more, as I can see why he would choose that gear...

Nemrex on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Does Monster Hunter not allow you to have separate gear equipped for effect and appearance? So you want the effect of some dumb hat, but have it look like a cool hat. That seems to be pretty standard nowadays, no? :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    One of the best things about Monster Hunter remains the armor and weapons that are just cut off limbs and faces, like the Gypceros head as a Hunting Horn.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I made the lobster set, but I can't bring myself to wear it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ImBocaireImBocaire Registered User new member
    This is why I take skills unsuited to my playstyle and low-defense sets; it's all in the name of fashion. My roommate cobbles together sets with insane bonuses (white sharpness as a low-rank hunter!), but ends up looking silly. His current set includes Gore Magala, Ceanataur, and Arzuros pieces - the overall effect with the tattered cloak and bladed and spiked armor pieces is that he is constantly cutting up his own cloak.

• Options
    LazDraconisLazDraconis Registered User new member
    Stupid Gargwa Hood.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Other than the ridiculous look on duckhat's face, the funniest part of this comic is the title.
    A+ pun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    And yet, the cool armor in this comic is the one with no eyeholes?

• Options
    Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    The duck's drooling. The duck's alive. Hide your children.

• Options
    DemobotDemobot Lemme buzz you in Registered User regular
    I think I need this game in my life.

• Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    One day we'll be able to have loot that can look awesome and yet be functional.

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Goddammit, who invited Quack Quack?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I have to admit when I've joined up with some gathering halls I'm hella judging. I say this wearing a narcylla gunner outfit which makes me look like a transformer.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RaveBombRaveBomb Registered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »
    Goddammit, who invited Quack Quack?

How else are you going to hunt Moon Moon?

I'm off to pirate more music, steal software, and knock down little old ladies, then later I'm going to cover my self in Yak's blood, and lay in a pentagram, while reading some Marxist literature and praying to a heathen god.

tata
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Comic shows up fine on my phone, but on my Windows desktop running Chrome it is broken both here and on the Comic page.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    My main deciding factor for armors is if they are hot pants, I am not wearing it. I'll wear almost everything else that's ridiculous, but hot pants and banana hammocks are where I draw the line.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    My main deciding factor for armors is if they are hot pants, I AM wearing it. I'll wear almost everything else that's ridiculous, but hot pants and banana hammocks are where I become truly fabulous.

Fixed it for you.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    My main deciding factor for armors is if they are hot pants, I am not wearing it. I'll wear almost everything else that's ridiculous, but hot pants and banana hammocks are where I draw the line.
    I tend towards the opposite. I always opt for neon pink choice is I can in any online context. My Palico is fuschia (I couldn't find a way to make him actually pink). I drive hot pink SUVs

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Does Monster Hunter not allow you to have separate gear equipped for effect and appearance? So you want the effect of some dumb hat, but have it look like a cool hat. That seems to be pretty standard nowadays, no? :P

Nah, in Monster Hunter you don't have that option. And for Monster Hunter I prefer it that way. Seeing as a big part of the game thematically is wearing the monsters you have killed earlier to beat other monsters, it just wouldn't feel right, I think.

• Options
    BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    It looks like he just murdered Howard the Duck

• Options
    wonkots42wonkots42 Registered User regular
    I love how the sliver of drool from the DuckHelm's mouth is longer in panel 2.

• Options
    Ramza BRamza B Registered User new member
    edited February 2015
    Lol, I only have access to 3 Ultimate right now, but no jokes its all about the fashion. Luckily, there are plenty of badass looks that also have good bonuses.

Nothing like walking around in full brachydios armor and hammer looking like a cross between kamen rider and sauron.

MH3U-Brachydios_X_Armor_Render.jpg

Mr. Holkins, don't forget you can change the view when building armor to see what it looks like before you commit resources!

Ramza B on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Ha, my 3 Ultimate hunter is currently wearing rinopros armour. Yes, the female version.

75xhoggk0jp8.png

I need fire resist and it's the best I've got!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Oplos means armoured.