As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Leonard Nimoy Dies at 83

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Words fail me.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    "Do the thing!"

"Heh.. I don't do that anymore."

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I've not really seen TOS and so my exposure to him was very little but he seemed like a genuinely good guy

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    One thing I admired him for was how vocal he was about smoking. He hadn't smoked for a long time, but he'd already caused irreversible damage to his body and tried to keep others from repeating his mistake.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Are the original shows/movies streamable anywhere? I have some watching to do this weekend.

Netflix for sure.

Currently has Star Treks 2 and 6 available apparently. And all of TOS I think.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    gonna watch star trek III and IV tonight for sure

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I haven't seen a ton of Star Trek, but Leonard Nimoy really represented everything I loved about it

So yeah, this sucks

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I shall watch the monorail episode the The Simpsons and the old Hobbit cartoons in his honor this weekend. He will be missed.

A fitting tribute for one of the Little Rascals.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Everyone should watch the nazi planet episode just to see his utter hatred for nazis.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i ain't even much sad

dude lived a long and seemingly fulfilling life

can't ask for much more than that

rip to him

EzUAYcn.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Man, when I get around to my eventual Fringe rewatch those episodes after his character dies are gonna be really bittersweet. I guess a small part of him will live on in Anna Torv's William Bell impression.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i ain't even much sad

dude lived a long and seemingly fulfilling life

can't ask for much more than that

rip to him

It's not surprising or premature

but that guy was top-shelf human being.

So it's sad.

sig.gif
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Still disappointed they didn't figure out a way to use this in the Peter Jackson Hobbit movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    The only thing to be sad about is that he used to be here and now he isn't.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    No man is an island,
    Entire of itself,
    Every man is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thy friend's
    Or of thine own were:
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.

We lost a good one today folks. RIP.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not super sad because he lived to a good age, led a rich full life, and it wasn't a tragic moment like Robin Williams.

You really can't ask for much better than Nimoy's life.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    God damn this sucks.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I loved the car commercial he did with Zachary Quinto and I am not ashamed to admit it.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
  • builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    Wow...my heart sunk. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    I always feel weird getting upset over the death of a celebraty I never actually knew, but I am genuinly choked up over this. Just a good dude we dont have anymore, but crwth is right, and we were lucky to have him.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Guess I'm watching a few Star Trek movies and the 1986 Transformers movie this weekend.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That scene in Wrath of Kahn will probably choke me up forever now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I remember at the Star Trek convention a couple years ago, they had a video montage of the reboot cast members saying things about him.

The thing was `say three words that describe Leonard Nimoy'

Most of the cast said nice things, and Karl Urban said `green blooded hobgoblin'

and it was wonderful

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    His final tweet is taking that line from Joe Dirt and making something poignant.

He was that good.

YL9WnCY.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    "Accepting death - by understanding that every life comes to an end, when time demands it. Loss of life is to be mourned, but only if the life was wasted." (Spock to younger Spock in Yesteryear - STA)

Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I shall watch the monorail episode the The Simpsons and the old Hobbit cartoons in his honor this weekend. He will be missed.

A fitting tribute for one of the Little Rascals.

May the Force be with him.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    Time to play some Civ IV.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just going to get worse and worse as these great peoole from our youth get older.

Nimoy got live a great life. I'm sad to see he's gone though.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    man, shit =(

Xaquin on
    Just going to get worse and worse as these great peoole from our youth get older.

Nimoy got live a great life. I'm sad to see he's gone though.
    Death ain't gonna win a drunken fist fight with Shatner.

He'll live forever.

• number13number13 Registered User regular
    Fuckin Vulcan nerve pinch straight to my heart.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm pretty sure Shatner is still only 30 years old. Dude is made of marble or something.

I met Shatner last year.

God damn that man has more energy than I do.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Star Trek was a big part of my childhood and Mr. Nimoy was always a beloved public figure and a delight to see in any of his numerous appearances elsewhere.

I'll miss him, but dare I say it... he lived long and prospered.

Damn it, I'm not gonna cry. I'm not. I'm not.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    When I lived in Hawaii, there was a very small local convention that a lot of bigger celebrities would come out to, pretty much just as a tax deductible vacation. Thanks to that, the attendees got a little more time to chat and mingle with the stars than they probably would anywhere else.

Back then, I was still studying Art, and I mentioned to him that I'd been using some of his photography for figure drawing references, on days when it was too rainy to go outside and draw live people. He was always polite and attentive to Trek-related conversations, but mentioning his photography really brought him alive. We chatted for close to half an hour, and he tried to talk me into bringing my portfolio for him to look through on the second day of the con. But my apartment was on another island, and my flight home wasn't until after the show. I always meant to scan some stuff in and email it to him, but here we are, over a decade later, and it's too late.

Anyway, top-quality person. He'll be missed.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this sucks. He always seemed pretty alright with the world though and got to do a ton of great things, so at least there's that. Another one on the list of people I wish I would have got a chance to meet.

I wonder if he finished his voice work for Kingdom Hearts 3? He was such a fun villain in the last two.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oh man....

You were a class act, Mr. Nimoy. And an integral part of my childhood.

RIP