As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2015 Steins - EXTRAS ON SALE

• Options
    KaronethKaroneth Elder Scrolling Online Co-Host Lakehurst, NJRegistered User regular
    They look great!

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Awesome! Love it! They will for sure be put to good use :D
    Le_Goat.....Will you be at the Westin game night with the steins for most of the night or perhaps during the first couple of hours?

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I will definitely be at Pre-PAX Game Night, friends.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for getting this done, Le Goat. They look amazing.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    The reason for the -$10.45 is because I ordered 10 more steins to allow us to have a bit of wiggle room.

Would this wiggle room have a spare I could buy? I just found out yesterday that I'll be coming to PAX and these look great!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm a little over halfway done inspecting the steins and we only have a single casualty so far. In fact, that casualty isn't that bad since there are no surface breaks, but it's still a casualty. I should be done inspecting everything this afternoon.
    zeale wrote: »
    The reason for the -$10.45 is because I ordered 10 more steins to allow us to have a bit of wiggle room.

Would this wiggle room have a spare I could buy? I just found out yesterday that I'll be coming to PAX and these look great!
    There is a wait list I can put you on, but to be completely honest, there is a slim chance because you'd be 5 people back at this point. Nonetheless, I will place you on said list.

EDIT/NOTE: I want to add that these steins need to be washed prior to using. They have gone through a factory/warehouse, shipped, and handled by many people.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So.. no bringing our new steins straight to the bar for refreshing beverages?

• Options
    I have finished inspecting all 136 steins. We have 1 actual casualty, and 1 with a ding in it. Other than that, everything else looks good. However, there are a few things to keep in mind about each individual stein. Every piece of glassware is unique,
    • Different strong/weak points
    • Different smoothness
    • Different bumps/bubbles
    • Every stein has a number (not important unless you'd prefer 13 or 2 or 31... sadly there are no 42s, I checked)
    When you pick up your steins, inspect them to make sure that you are satisfied. I don't anticipate any issue, but if you are picky about one thing or the other, just check.
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    So.. no bringing our new steins straight to the bar for refreshing beverages?
    I would love to run these all through a dishwasher, but the vendor stated that these should be hand-washed to preserve the logo and I really don't want these getting dull after a single wash. Even if I were to wash them, they still need to be transported in their boxes and will be touched by who knows, so you'd still need to wash them again.

I'll ask Boston Laugh if they'd be willing to accommodate us in exchange for business.

• Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to reserve a lucky number, like 88 (or 8 if 88 is taken), if possible.
    I'll be there during the pre-PAX game night at the Weston.
    I'm willing to go so far as to bribe you with ginger ale or ginger beer to get my number....

hsu on
    iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    That's remarkable....only 1 casualty! Can't wait to get my hands on em :P I got dibs on #69 HaHa!!! :o

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Numbers are between 1 & 31, but not including every number. You could get a 6 & a 9 and put them together! I think there are 8s.

I'm trying to add an action shot, but the mobile version keeps rotating the image! Grrrrr!!!

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    ABBQABBQ BostonRegistered User regular
    it's not the end of the world, but I'll get my damn ginger ale if it kills me.

OK, Monkey-Boy, you know you're going to get more than one ginger ale during pick up times. :P

I'm certain Casa_de_Carne will be picking mine up ... unless we find a way to get the dog walked and both of us come to Thursday eve festivities. All I know is .. YAY BIRTHDAY PAX!

Now to find the right pen for getting Gabe and Tycho to sign mine (and hand them each one, too).

• Options
    I know you...... *shakes fist*

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    If I cared about germs, I wouldn't go to PAX. I plan on washing this thing out... with alcohol. :)

• Options
    Okay, finally: ACTION SHOT!!!!
    rq9x3ealwwpg.jpg

So look for the goober above, and he'll make sure you receive your beautiful tankard! These things are so much fun to drink out of.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Numbers are between 1 & 31, but not including every number. You could get a 6 & a 9 and put them together! I think there are 8s.

I'm trying to add an action shot, but the mobile version keeps rotating the image! Grrrrr!!!

In that case....please reserve a 6 and 9 if possible and whatever other random number. :P

Devereaux on
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    I got mine yesterday (thanks again, @Le_Goat!), and they are magnificent! I hand-washed and dried one when I got home from work, then promptly filled it. You know, just for the sake of a comparison shot :wink:
    pwaybuy8k0wd.jpg

I didn't have anything spectacular on hand to put in it last night, but I'll soon be making a trip to the liquor store to rectify that situation. The mug's got a real nice heft to it, but it's not so heavy that it's cumbersome to use or even hold for a while. And it is, of course, a real beaut.

SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    I know you...... *shakes fist*

Yes. Yes you do.

I was thinking about the "handwashing" bit about the mugs ... aren't there plenty of toilet rooms that have sinks with running water and soap? Ta-Da! washy washy - drinky drinky!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    The more I think about it, the more it makes me sad. It totally blows if you can't use that stein right away. I'm going to hand wash them for everyone over the next week so that everyone gets to enjoy them immediately. I'd still recommend rinsing them out when you get them.

Can I get a "HELL YEAH?" lol, it reminded me of this video.
    spoiled because it has nothing to do with steins or the rest of this thread; it's just pretty awesome
    Enjoy, whether you've seen it before or not.
    http://youtu.be/MNUnZgoUppM

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    That's taking things a step above and beyond, @Le_Goat ... thank you. You don't need to do it, but I won't stop you either :)

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    The more I think about it, the more it makes me sad. It totally blows if you can't use that stein right away. I'm going to hand wash them for everyone over the next week so that everyone gets to enjoy them immediately. I'd still recommend rinsing them out when you get them.

spoiled because it has nothing to do with steins or the rest of this thread; it's just pretty awesome

I cant believe I've never seen this before! Amazing.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    edited February 2015
    vttym wrote: »
    That's taking things a step above and beyond, @Le_Goat ... thank you. You don't need to do it, but I won't stop you either :)
    I was thinking about it while drinking from this fine stein at the pub last night. It would totally suck if I could not use the glass when I got it. I enjoyed the hell out of it, so why can't all of you?
    zeale wrote: »

I cant believe I've never seen this before! Amazing.
    It is never too late to find things that are awesome.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I think you're nuts @Le_Goat , but you've heard this from me before. And your OCD is showing.

(let's see if this works)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=zvLHliGCcGU

As I mentioned, people can wash their steins in the nearby bathrooms, yes?

Also - did you say if the steins are individually boxed or not and I missed it?

ABBQ on
  • Options
    Zeroedge78Zeroedge78 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015

Holy crap sir Stein looks great, and a big thank you for all you've done :biggrin:

Zeroedge78 on
  • Options
    ABBQ wrote: »
    Also - did you say if the steins are individually boxed or not and I missed it?
    Negative. There 11 boxes containing 12 steins per box. For those of you doing math, some of the steins have been handed out.
    dhqjs1sescw9.jpg
    As you can see, they are stored in a server room, which requires a security key card in order to enter. Thus, they are safe.

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015

You're the governor mate! Drinks on me, if you want one, once I get my hands on them at the Westin, Thurs night (I hope)

flashe on
  • Options
    GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
    Did you/Are you going to post a final list of forum handles who are receiving steins? Getting close, just wanna double check if I'm still on the list :)

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Gerzzog wrote: »
    Did you/Are you going to post a final list of forum handles who are receiving steins? Getting close, just wanna double check if I'm still on the list :)
    I'd rather not have the list publically available; while I do believe in transparency, I believe even more in privacy/confidentiality. If you would like to confirm that your order is on the list, do not hesitate to PM me. I have a detailed list of who ordered what, including any names (real or handles) that were provided.

You are definitely on the list, though.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    PhoBaoBoaPhoBaoBoa Squishy NYCRegistered User regular
    You're the bestest @Le_Goat, thank you!

pPEuM8J.png
  • Options
    I'd rather not have the list publically available; while I do believe in transparency, I believe even more in privacy/confidentiality. If you would like to confirm that your order is on the list, do not hesitate to PM me. I have a detailed list of who ordered what, including any names (real or handles) that were provided.

You are definitely on the list, though.

Cool thanks! See you in a week :)

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh, wow, hand washing all the steins..
    You sir are the best kind of crazy.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    OMG Man, I am even more excited about this than I was before. Props for all the work man; epic stein-Cheers anticipated when I get this from you.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Okay, so after washing two boxes, each taking about 20 minutes to wash, dry, and repack, I don't think I can get through all 11 boxes. It would take a few hours to do (this is all using the kitchen at work, mind you); plus my knuckles are sore as all hell from just washing those first 24 (I have big hands, so my knuckles were scraping against the insides).

What I can do is bring Clorox wipes for anyone to use and then just rinse them out in the sink. sorry to bail on the hand washing, but it just isn't feasible.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    no worries ! I'll take one from the unwashed and just take care of it in my hotel room before use :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    rtm416rtm416 NYRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I won't need a washed one either.

SK3ozR5.png
  • Options
    Okay, so after washing two boxes, each taking about 20 minutes to wash, dry, and repack, I don't think I can get through all 11 boxes. It would take a few hours to do (this is all using the kitchen at work, mind you); plus my knuckles are sore as all hell from just washing those first 24 (I have big hands, so my knuckles were scraping against the insides).

What I can do is bring Clorox wipes for anyone to use and then just rinse them out in the sink. sorry to bail on the hand washing, but it just isn't feasible.

That's one incredible gesture for you to do for all of us, however, it's waaaayy too much work to do by hand. I believe I speak for all when I say I think we are all able and capable of washing our own glasses. You are truly a super sweet, caring person! Thanks for all you have done! :D

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I appreciate everyone's understanding, as do my knuckles. You guys rock.

I wanted to post the results of the Pickup Poll, as they are quite important:
    zie0xyfhy5na.jpg
    As you can see, most of us will be attending the Winchester.

Oh, and almost everyone is meeting at the Pre-PAX Game Night. About 2-4 people plan to meet me each day of PAX, which I believe should be around 1:00 pm, but I need to check with a few people about scheduling. Plan to meet in the Westin lobby, but I'll be calling Boston Laugh today/tonight to see if they'd be cool with us meeting there.

NOTE: If anyone knows people who ordered but are not part of the forums, could you find out when they plan to pick up their steins and let me know, please? It'll help me determine how many steins I need to have with me each day. Thanks in advance.

NOTEx2: If you plan to pick these up this week prior to Thursday at Pre-PAX Game Night, PM me to determine when you'd like to meet up.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Will you be at the game night all night? I might not get there till 6ish or so.

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    I wanted to post the results of the Pickup Poll, as they are quite important:
    zie0xyfhy5na.jpg
    As you can see, most of us will be attending the Winchester.

It's a good thing we ordered steins since we'll be camping out at the Winchester. Glad to hear at least we'll be able to enjoy a pint while waiting for all this to blow over.

Anywho excited to meet y'all at Pre Pax Tabletop and grab a drink in the new stein!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Will you be at the game night all night? I might not get there till 6ish or so.
    For the most part yes, I plan to thoroughly enjoy the festivities.

Le_Goat on