As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solforge: Set 3 Secrets of Solis Out Now!

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I think the key part of immortal echoes is "your creature" rather than any so it is easier to control. Not sure how important it'll be but it is notable.

I don't understand the logic in cutting structures for recurring spells. Seems to be more difficult to understand/easier to miss than simply having structures in the UI. My guess is it taxed the client too much in testing possibly having 20 cards in play.

Ambush seems to just be hearthstone secrets only less reliable. Not that secrets are a uniquely incredible design, it just males sense given the asynchronous structure of the game.

Of the 3 cards in the preview article I am not really overwhelmed by any of them, but I guess immortal echoes gets thr#1 spot.although I do like smolderscale.

The tempys echo is just going to be frustrating at best.

There was a post on the official forums detailing some of the failings of the new mechanics that kinda covers my thoughts on them as well.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Spoilers in full swing including bees! Although I have no idea why the hell the solforge community picked them as their mascot.

Edit: Nevermind netherscale specifies creatures

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Patch notes posted which include the first steps of campaign mode. This is in addition to a bunch of card changes to stuff people have been complaining about (bramblewood tracker, duskmaw, etc)

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Set is live.

And I pulled a steel eyed seer in my third win reward. So, got one of the legends, already.

• Options
    Hmmm, the mastery levels in the campaign give you the forgeborn legendaries of the chosen color. Well, its crafting materials, at least.

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    I actually needed the Cercee - in fact I still need one more. It's certainly a nice treat for new players to get a handful of decent heroics and legendaries right off the bat.

The mastery missions were fun concepts with the special rules, if not very difficult. I hope they kick it up a notch for some harder missions in the future.

Is anyone playing constructed tournaments these days? I'm curious if the meta has gotten any more fun in the last couple of months. For me that would mean swinging back towards a more incremental-value playstyle with fewer blowouts. Somehow I doubt it....

• Options
    I thought the cercee match was gonna be tough, cause I picked my stupid dozer deck and lost my dozer on my first turn.

But, I still ended up winning. I think the campaign is mostly geared to new players. I didn't lose a single match in the mode today. 6 for 6 or whatever it was. And I purposefully picked a stupid deck for the mastery game, cause I won the first mastery match so easily.

• Options
    Is anyone playing constructed tournaments these days? I'm curious if the meta has gotten any more fun in the last couple of months. For me that would mean swinging back towards a more incremental-value playstyle with fewer blowouts. Somehow I doubt it....

I'm playing my first constructed match in, quite a while. I'm currently 2-0 playing my (pretty much) the same broodqueen/lanefill deck I've been rocking forever.

2x Nefrax
    3x Echowisp
    3x Lifeblood Dryad
    2x Epidemic
    2x Bramblewood tracker
    2x Snowdrift Alpha (new card!)
    2x Soothsayer Hermit
    3x Broodqueen
    2x Ferocious Roar
    3x Gringuant Devourer
    1x Scatterspore Eidolon
    3x Direhound
    2x Tarsus

I don't know. It still works really well. Could probably lose the tarsus and possibly even the bramblewood trackers and add another roar and (if I had it) another scatterspore and a Scythe of Chiron

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I need 2 more Shallow Graves, 2 Nethershriek and 2 Suruzals to make my Nekrium deck full-bore stupid fun. I've been disappointed with the Yuru, not because he's inconsistent but because I just don't feel like he's adding much.

The ideal list is basically:
    3 Nethershriek
    3 Varna's Pact
    3 Shallow Grave
    3 Soul Harvest
    3 Keeper of the Damned
    3 Suruzal
    3 Lyria
    3 Tarsus Deathweaver
    3 Zimus
    3 Palladium Simulacrum

I'd be more interested in making a Uterra/Alloyin Upgrade deck but I am missing the key legendaries for it and I'm not sure it works without them.

• Options
    Well, I went 3-1 with it.

Lost to Hectares playing a metaminds deck. My final turn made my grimguant devourer into a 35-32 or something, but I only had 15 health left. He had like 42. And he had two metaminds that had been buffed by drix, both had less than 3 health left, but more than enough to swing for lethal.

:(

So close to a 4-0.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I need 2 more Shallow Graves, 2 Nethershriek and 2 Suruzals to make my Nekrium deck full-bore stupid fun. I've been disappointed with the Yuru, not because he's inconsistent but because I just don't feel like he's adding much.

The ideal list is basically:
    3 Nethershriek
    3 Varna's Pact
    3 Shallow Grave
    3 Soul Harvest
    3 Keeper of the Damned
    3 Suruzal
    3 Lyria
    3 Tarsus Deathweaver
    3 Zimus
    3 Palladium Simulacrum

I'd be more interested in making a Uterra/Alloyin Upgrade deck but I am missing the key legendaries for it and I'm not sure it works without them.

I have 1 surizal and 1 paladium simulacrum that are share-able, if you want to work out a trade? I'd really like a scythe of chiron. Or another scatterspore eidolon, or a uterradon ridgeback

• Options
    I think I found a new stupid combo deck I like.

3x rot wanderer
    3x cacklebone
    3x relic hunter
    2x uriel ironwing (only have 2)
    3x sarrow maiden
    2x ironbeard (only have 2)
    3x gringuant devourer
    3x grimguant predator
    3x epidemic
    3x anvillion arbiter
    2x group meal

Probably need to find room for xithian direhounds in there.

• Options
    Not as bad as you might think. I had it come up in a few drafts as basically the only acceptable card, but found it did quite well in that format.

I'm trying it in this deck, seems to par well with the uriel/ironbeard/groupmeal stuff. Plus it kills broodqueens dead, which is always nice.

• Options
    ironbeard got buffed in the patch too right? that deck idea seems tempting

• Options
    Oh yeah. Rot wanderer also hits crypt conjurers. So thats cool, too.

Ironbeard did get a slight buff. Don't know if it was this patch, or the previous one.

• Options
    I've been messing around with NT abominations in the random queue and it has been pretty fun so far. Of course I STILL lose to ator, but not much yo be done there.

I dont have zarox and although I could craft him I dont feel like burning my entire silver bank. The deck still feels a little inconsistent (33cards will do that), and sometimes seems to be unable to remove specific threats but contagion lord with progeny is fun

• Options
    What's the appeal of Zarox? He seems like a barely-improved Riftlasher to me, i.e. still terrible. The allied trigger is cute, but I can't imagine it working consistently enough to be worth it even in a sacrifice-themed deck.

• Options
    I am actually playing riftlasher in place of zarox at the moment. I've connected a few times, but I think the allied trigger I the key. I assume with contagion lord and progeny you can grow him quickly

• Options
    It seems like you're doing a lot of work there just to get a creature that's about as good as a stock Umbruk Lasher. But don't let me put you off experimenting; maybe I'm overly pessimistic.

• Options
    Well masher doesn't work with these faction's :P

The deck doesn't necessarily revolve around the zarox interaction just happens to synergize since your abominations are often good enough (well so far-

Off the top of my head I think it is:

3 x abyssal maw
    3 x borean windweaver
    3 x contagion lord
    3 x progeny of xith
    3 x sorrow maiden
    3 xithian direhound
    3 x xithian rotfiend
    3 x riftlasher (zarox)
    2 x epidemic
    1 x howl
    3 x contagion fiend or whatever the solbind card is

Other lists have leyline demon (own 0), the aforementioned zarox

Battlebranded had a blog entry about a similar idea but was going more tempus based and using rage of kadras

• Options
    Don't know if you guys look at the store page or the campaign page much, but this is "uterra' week, which means there is a new campaign mission versus a lifegain deck that starts at 200hp (and heals another 100 I think at the end of round 2) that gives you a uterra legendary chest when you beat it. I beat it first try with my "Only 2 Rage" deck, aptly named because I only have 2 rage of kadras.

But I got a heart tree and a chirogas and a couple of yellows from the win, so thats ~70k silver or whatever.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Don't know if you guys look at the store page or the campaign page much, but this is "uterra' week, which means there is a new campaign mission versus a lifegain deck that starts at 200hp (and heals another 100 I think at the end of round 2) that gives you a uterra legendary chest when you beat it. I beat it first try with my "Only 2 Rage" deck, aptly named because I only have 2 rage of kadras.

But I got a heart tree and a chirogas and a couple of yellows from the win, so thats ~70k silver or whatever.

Thanks for the heads up, Burtle! I probably would've missed this otherwise and it was both fun and profitable (Dysian Sludge + Uterran Packmaster, so not great)!

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    No problem!

At last your's weren't both set 1's...

I think I still only have 1 sludge. And I think I traded for it on here.

• Options
    The campaign challenges are interesting. I didn't see much of it since I lucked out and played turn 1 contagion lord into turn 2 double contagion lord and basically leveled my entire hand every turn from there on out. Oros insisted on never dealing with them.

I think the difficulty might be a tad high for really new players, but I would have to play through it a few more times to be sure.

• Options
    But the Ai is also, like, really stupid, which helps.

Like, play a spring Dryad before a rune Grove guradian. Or battle and then place a creature that would have blocked and killed my big threat.

• Options
    In game reward screen says new cards on March 30th (today)

And new missions coming on April 1st.

• Options
    Yeah, there are some previews scattered around. some interesting stuff for poison at least.

• Options
    I would like 2 nexus aeronauts and 1 ageis knight.

Does anyone have some that are tradeable? I bought the new green red deck so I have new stuff to trade. Along with a bunch of old cards, too.

• Options
    Here is the deck list that I am currently running and want to add the above cards to. It's really good.

3x brightsteel sentinel
    3x relic hunter
    3x weir wood patriarch
    3x lifeblood Dryad
    3x ferocious roar
    3x experience scarab
    2x aegis knight
    2x gauntlets of sughelm or however it's spelled
    2x stinging invocation
    2x dendrify
    1x nexus aeronaut
    1x ancestral echos
    2x kitaru dryad

Those last three are what I would remove to add the 2 nexus aeronauts and 1 more aegis knight.

Basically, you use esperian scarabs and relic scouts to fill lanes. Buff the relic scouts with wwp and roars and lifeblood dryads, don't replace them. Stinging invocation can also, maybe, fill lanes, but the card is super trolly. It either triggers only one to troll yoy, of three to troll your opponent. Use your aegis knights and gauntlets and bright steels to blow up opponent creatures. Brightsteel gives the relic scouts armour, too. Leave the center lane open as much as possible so you have room for the nexus aeronaut.

• Options
    On a whim I checked out the solforge website and there was a status update on 5/11. Apparently fall 2015 is the targeted full release which will include a UI update and other features. Personally I gave up on solforge until there was a UI update as I was sick of fighting a constantly degrading performance so I am looking forward to jumping back in although I will be months and months behind the curve.

• Options
    I'm still playing, but I don't know if I'm the only one.

Right now I'm rocking the phantom draft with a sigmund fraud deck and going 3-1. Pretty fun stuff, right there.

List:

2x dendrify
    2x duskmaw
    2x immortal echos (I have 0, anyone have any for trade?)
    3x malice hermit
    2x necromoeba
    2x nefrax
    3x shardplate behemoth (I have 0, anyone have any for trade?)
    2x sigmund fruad
    3x spiritstone sentry (I have 0, anyone have any for trade?)
    3x suruzal
    3x tarsus deathweaver
    3x direhound

I would really like to make this deck for real instead of playing it for phantom, but I need some cards.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Wow!

New card spoiler, dopplebot
    robot
    activate: look at the creatures in an opponents hand and choose one. dopplebot gets all abilities of that creature this turn.

level 1 4/8
    level 2 8/12
    level 3 16/20

I've been playing a lot of robots and hate cards lately, so I really like this guy.

Edit:

phoenix.png

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    the dragon tutor seems interesting, but i feel as though it will be over hyped since it requires the dragons to already be leveled. fetching out an egg isn't exciting and it does seem as though it will level the tutored card but i am not sure.

• Options
    This weekends 20 card tournament is pretty fun.

And by fun, I mean, 'makes it so poison is actually a viable deck'

I've been going 3-1 all day. Kicking herald bombs and lifedrain decks to the ground. Someone played 3 100/101 arboris's against me. So, I casually dealt over 100 poison damage to each of them before they had a chance to attack. It was 117-11 at the start of round 3. I won -27 to 11

• Options
    Forget everything I just said.

Here is the new 20 card hotness

3x herald of bullshit
    3x phytobomb
    3x windspark elemental
    3x malice hermit
    3x lash of demera
    3x venomus netherscale
    2x of whatever you want to add

focus on the poison cards, use the herald bomb bullshit to deal 30 damage for no fucking reason. win.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Here's an interview with Justin Gary, CEO of Stone Blade, on the future of Solforge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJ3FQIsnGM

Also, I'm working on the new client, anything you would like to see in it?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Here's an interview with Justin Gary, CEO of Stone Blade, on the future of Solforge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJ3FQIsnGM

I think a simple, "What's new?" button whenever there's a new set released would be great. Maybe just a screen with some (all?) of the new cards and an explanation of any new mechanics?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »

I think a simple, "What's new?" button whenever there's a new set released would be great. Maybe just a screen with some (all?) of the new cards and an explanation of any new mechanics?

The current client crashes too often when opening rewards/packs, so a new icon next to cards in your collection that you just opened would be cool. Or you could just fix the crashing, I guess. (But the new indicator would still be nice!)

Also, I made a suggestion on the forums a while ago for an indicator you your opponents hand size, that would be extremely useful, when the game launched there was no was to interact with the opponents hand, and there were hardly any cards that let you draw cards, so '5' was the assumed hand size. This is no longer true, and lots of decks use hand size to combo, so knowing your opponent has 6 or more cards in hand would be very helpful!

I'll try to think of other things, cause I really like this game, so knowing someone working on it is pretty cool!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Ohh, Ohh, I thought of two more!

They are both sorta related.

You should not bind the space bar to Attack/End Turn! The 20 minute game timer means I often do other thing while waiting for an opponent to take their turn, and occasionally hit the space bar by accident and ruin my turn!

Also, an undo button, for when you try to place a creature in a lane but you are playing on a shitty touch screen and put him in the wrong spot, or accidentally hit the space bar and ruin your turn, you should be able to fix that!