As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Breakfast

bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
edited March 2015 in PAX East
The last couple of years a few of us have gotten together at the Friendly Toast in Kendall the Thursday morning before PAX. Is anyone up for meeting up this year?

EDIT:
Thursday 8:00 A.M. at the Friendly Toast in Cambridge
http://thefriendlytoast.com/locations/cambridge/

Post and let us know that you're coming. (If you read this late, you can still come anyway.) :)

bandersnee on

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I'll go. I've have a great time the last couple of years meeting people.

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I would definitely go to this if others are participating.

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    What time would this usually be? I'm getting in early Thursday and would be interested.

• Options
    8:00 is when the Friendly Toast starts seating, and it's when the Pre-PAX breakfast usually starts. Though they'll definitely seat latecomers. I think the last time we wound up leaving between 10:30 and 11:00. They don't mind if you hang out, but I wouldn't want to stick around long enough to interfere with the lunch crowd.

• Options
    Sorry about the double post, but here's the website:

http://thefriendlytoast.com/locations/cambridge/

There is metered parking nearby, though I'll have to make sure the snow has been cleared. The place is not readily visible from the road, since it's in the middle of the pedestrian-accessible square.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Okay, I talked to the Friendly Toast, and they're on board for a group coming in. Just that I should check back about 24 hours ahead of time if it's going to be a large group. They may have trouble if the group goes over 20, but I don't think that's going to be a problem.

So, all in all, everything looks good for 8:00 a.m. on Thursday at the Friendly Toast.

bandersnee on
  • Options
    Okay, I just checked and the city has cleared the metered parking along Binney Street. So, if you need to drive there is a place to park (but bring some quarters).

Also, anyone coming in by T, the Kendal/MIT stop is within walking distance of the Friendly Toast.

• Options
    bostongirl97bostongirl97 Charlestown, MARegistered User regular
    J Pace over by the Boston Fish Pier does breakfast sandwiches and it's only a 5 min walk from the BCEC

• Options
    LlewellynLlewellyn Brooklyn, MDRegistered User regular
    I'm brand new to PAX and the community here, but I will be attempting to come join you to meet some awesome people! My plans changed and I'll be arriving in Boston around midnight tonight instead of driving in tomorrow. I will be arriving via T and then walking, and this is contingent upon me booting up properly in the morning as well (I'm so not a morning person).

I hope to meet a few of you here and make some new friends! If not, maybe I will see you around at one of the parties or Friday during the show. Otherwise, we have the forums once PAX is over and we are all recovered!

fss_overall.png
    Extra Life 2015: Help me 1-UP last year! My 2015 Page
  • Options
    RooseveltCatRooseveltCat Registered User regular
    This is my first Pax. My flight is now getting in at 8am instead of 2pm so I will attempt to attend!

• Options
    This is my first Pax. My flight is now getting in at 8am instead of 2pm so I will attempt to attend!

Awesome! If you need directions from the airport, let me know. We'll be glad to have you join us.

• Options
    Finding the restaurant should be easy. The challenge is my flight actually arriving at the advertised time :/

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    There will be 2 of us for Breakfast :)

• Options
    LlewellynLlewellyn Brooklyn, MDRegistered User regular
    I just wanted to post in here to say thank you so much for organizing this. It was so great meeting all of you that were there when I arrived, and then it was really awesome you all let me follow you around like a lost puppy the rest of the day! 8-)

I had a great meal at the restaurant, and the company and sights we saw the rest of the day were quite enjoyable. I hope you all enjoyed your plans and the rest of PAX! I didn't make it to any of the panels, but I did get to see or do most of what I wanted on the expo floor before I had to leave for my offsite events. All in all, it was a good attempt for it being my first PAX, with so much else planned, being solo, and only having a day pass.

I will hopefully see you guys around the forums, and then maybe see you at breakfast again in 2016!

fss_overall.png
    Extra Life 2015: Help me 1-UP last year! My 2015 Page
  • Options
    Thanks so much for joining us Llewellyn. I'm glad you were able to make it.

• Options
    Thanks for organizing this! It was great to get some tips from the experienced Pax-ers