As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Dragon, Rock the Dragonball [Xenoverse]

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Just got this on xbone. It's liking it a lot, wierd RPG/fighter is my jam apparently

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I'm the strongest on Earth! is an absurdly powerful zsoul. The ai is pretty bad at dodging so it lets me land three free Weekends, or if I havr the ki when it triggers, two Weekends, a Vacation Delete, and then the third Weekend. So strong.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I just got rocked by Final Frieza in Kid Gohan's sidequest

That was the first fight against an NPC where it wasn't even close

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I just got rocked by Final Frieza in Kid Gohan's sidequest

That was the first fight against an NPC where it wasn't even close

Check my post above yours. He beat my ass until that Zsoul kicked in, then I killed him by constant ult spam before it wore off.

What does that do? I can't open the game at the moment

What does that do? I can't open the game at the moment

When your health gets low, nothing costs ki. So you can spam whatever your high damage ult is and usually get three of them off before it wears off.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Wait, what, only five years span between Dragonball and Dragonball Z? How does Goku go from a kid to an adult?

He grew in size when he spent time in the Room of Spirit and Time

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I don't think he spent a lot of time in there as a kid. The period between him fighting Demon Piccolo and fighting his spawn at the next world tournament is at least 3 years...and he was already 14-15 when he killed Demon Piccolo. So he'd have been roughly 18 by the time of the next tournament where he narrowly defeated Piccolo Jr.

I'll have to check the comic again, I've got it on my ipad. But I think it was just natural growth...he finally hit his growth spurt.

camo_sig2.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    At the beginning of DB Goku was twelve. He was 18 during the Piccolo Jr fight. He and Chichi get married right after and Gohan was born a year later when Goku and Chichi were 19.

• YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    The original Dragon Ball takes place over six or seven years. Martial Arts tournaments are three years apart, so by the time Goku shows up for the last one he's 19 and more or less tripled in height.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I loved DBZ Tenkaichi 2 and 3 but I haven't played a DBZ game since then. Maybe this is the one.

Xenoverse is basically Tenkaichi 4!

Can someone confirm? I'm going to real here, It is hard to trust new dragon ball games.

VayBJ4e.png
    I think I need to slow down on time patrols and level up my character. She's starting to get hella outclassed by the characters I'm unlocking.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I am streaming this in a sec at

I know it obviously what would happen, but it still makes me laugh that the online lobby is like sayians/Freizeas all the way down. I'm basically the only Namek in a given instance.

• NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Nartwak on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I will be rocking the Dragon. Probably as a Namekian, even after this:
    http://youtu.be/9sEINMGorTE

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The fact that the saibamen are destroying me makes me think iunno how to play this game

Which is good because the radditz fights had given the impression that to was nothing but a super boring button masher

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I know it obviously what would happen, but it still makes me laugh that the online lobby is like sayians/Freizeas all the way down. I'm basically the only Namek in a given instance.

If/when I get this game I will absolutely be a namekian.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The fact that the saibamen are destroying me makes me think iunno how to play this game

Which is good because the radditz fights had given the impression that to was nothing but a super boring button masher
    In the Tenkaichi Budokai games, the Saibamen (and Cell Jrs.) were always tough fights because they were multiple enemies with one life bar. So it didn't matter if you Super'd one of them, the next would pop up with full health.

It was kind of like playing Survival Mode in Versus.

sig.gif
  • NartwakNartwak Registered User regular

How many do you have to fight? I was watching the stream last night and it seemed like more just kept being added until you were swamped.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I can't even play this right now. I get stuck at "Connecting to the XENOVERSE server..." and the only way to get out is alt + F4.

camo_sig2.png
    Nartwak wrote: »

How many do you have to fight? I was watching the stream last night and it seemed like more just kept being added until you were swamped.

the opening mission prompt says you have to kill 20 total

the first phase you fight a few along with yamcha and tien, and then they go fuck off and you have to fight a big swarm of them which include buffed up ones

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

the first phase you fight a few along with yamcha and tien, and then they go fuck off and you have to fight a big swarm of them which include buffed up ones

do some other missions and level up a bit

I'm stuck on a similar mission, my problem is my allies die and that's an instant fail. Guess it's probably a case of also needing a few more levels.

If you're having trouble with the saibamen crowd, use lots of moves that launch to give yourself space

LT+X and XXXXXY are both good for it

I officially have no fucking clue what the deal with Masters is

I couldn't get the Z-Soul vegeta wanted after my 43rd try, so I left him to switch to Piccolo. I couldn't even figure out what Piccolo wanted me to do, so I tried to talk to Vegeta again, and now apparently I can't take him as a mentor????

all I want is to learn final flash, game

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    So I got this the day it came out and I just beat the game after much intense frustration with fighting multiple enemies at once, clunky controls, and horrible RNG system for getting items, double RNG for some that need some sort of condition met that I can't determine how to activate.

Would anyone like to do some online play so I don't go fully insane? Right now I'm trying to work on getting Broly and Bardock and trying to figure out what the point of armor is. I beat the game without using any special armor because of it doesn't benefit my stats in anyway.

Playstation 4 by the way, PSN is Reaper_Stragint.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    I officially have no fucking clue what the deal with Masters is

I couldn't get the Z-Soul vegeta wanted after my 43rd try, so I left him to switch to Piccolo. I couldn't even figure out what Piccolo wanted me to do, so I tried to talk to Vegeta again, and now apparently I can't take him as a mentor????

all I want is to learn final flash, game

Ive finished up Krillin and Ginyu and as far as I can tell it is just leveling and finishing quests to open the next chain.

edited March 2015
    Man, I still can't beat Six Buus

This game is fucking brutal when you're alone vs. multiple foes

THESPOOKY on
  • YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    For Masters, just use the attacks they teach you over and over to level up their bars. It goes up faster if they see you using it so make sure to bring your Master on all the Parallel Quests. The whole thing climaxed in taking Piccolo and Piccolo to go beat up Piccolo so Piccolo would teach me Special Beam Cannon. Somewhere in the menu it shows how much progress you've made with each Master. I think it's under Battle Records?

YggiDee on

I equipped the I'm your brother soul for the ki regen, then jetted around laying down Scatter Kamehemeha when I had the energy.

edited March 2015
    Docshifty wrote: »

I equipped the I'm your brother soul for the ki regen, then jetted around laying down Scatter Kamehemeha when I had the energy.

Yeah I think maybe trying to stick with one loadout all the time is hindering me

I don't have anything that can lay down enough damage on all of them at once

But even at level 31, my character's stats are not nearly as good as, say, one of the upper-end Cells

THESPOOKY on

Yeah I think maybe trying to stick with one loadout all the time is hindering me

I don't have anything that can lay down enough damage on all of them at once

But even at level 31, my character's stats are not nearly as good as, say, one of the upper-end Cells

Find and train under Krillin, his final is the Scatter Kameha. If you can't get that quickly, Weekend is fine, Vacation Delete should function well enough too. There's a ki ultimate that is basically an energy tornado you can steer, I think you buy it but I'm not positive.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I did hit and run stuff on the six buu fight. The part that sucks is even when you KO them their numbers don't go down, or at least they didn't for me. Just a huge constant swarm of them.

Armor in this game is so odd. I want to make a new character and I want to pick the Frieza race and I want to do a bunch of Ki blast fighting but all of the Frieza armor is bonus to strike and super strike and reduction on super ki blast. At least the armor that can be bought.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    The rng drops make more sense when you beat the game and get the extra slot unlocks. You dont have to redo the story with new guys.

• UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    YggiDee wrote: »
    For Masters, just use the attacks they teach you over and over to level up their bars. It goes up faster if they see you using it so make sure to bring your Master on all the Parallel Quests. The whole thing climaxed in taking Piccolo and Piccolo to go beat up Piccolo so Piccolo would teach me Special Beam Cannon. Somewhere in the menu it shows how much progress you've made with each Master. I think it's under Battle Records?
    I was so confused by this. Thank you.

I went female saiyan, finally managed to get Super Saiyan. 40,000Zeni is steep.

I must say, I get absolutely wrecked in this game repeatedly. I feel like I'm doing something wrong at times. Still, I am having a blast.

Also, Cell(Full Power) is love. Cell is life.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The rng drops make more sense when you beat the game and get the extra slot unlocks. You dont have to redo the story with new guys.

I don't really think this excuses it

Or that is my gut feeling after repeating the same PQ a couple dozen times trying to get one specific item

Maddoc wrote: »

I don't really think this excuses it

Or that is my gut feeling after repeating the same PQ a couple dozen times trying to get one specific item

Totally fair. It feels less shitty to me now since instead of grinding a pq for a drop, Im also leveling. Since all items equipment and abilities are shared it just needs to drop once.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Specifically, training under teachers seems to require you bring them a certain z-soul.

So I'm grinding this PQ over and over again, and it's a low level one so I'm not really gaining much xp or zeni for it and even for a low level character you quickly reach the point where you're killing everything inside of a single combo, and the item comes from the ultimate unlock which doesn't even happen all the time so I'm like double RNG fucked and man this drop system is teeeeeerrible.

And like you said, drops are "account-wide", but that just makes the fact that I can get Vegeta's pants a dozen times instead of the item I actually want totally ridiculous, since the only stuff that greys out after it drops are techniques.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    So Trunks told me to go look around. Now what?

3basnids3lf9.jpg