As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Show Off Your Trusty Backpack

jasonakaramjasonakaram NHRegistered User regular
edited February 2015 in PAX East
This is my pack. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My pack is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pack, without me, is useless. Without my pack, I am useless.

307vus8.jpg

I know over the years my con pack has become one of my most cherished possessions. It's as full of sentiment and memories as it is supplies. If you're as attached to your pack as I am, post up a picture or two of your old trusty cloth & canvas friend.

jasonakaram on

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    While I have a backpack, my utility holster is a must. It keeps my phone, wallet, and 3DS close at all times and within easy reach. It also has a small zip pocket I use to throw change or buttons from booths. It's my 100% must have for cons.
    c616_grab_it_pack_gadget_holster.jpg

cocowoushi on
  • SG_FredSG_Fred Boston, MARegistered User regular
    That's a great idea cocowoushi.

Personally I use a smallish camera bag. It holds my iPad Mini, Program book, and leaves room for swag and the like.

• FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    LuGT018.jpg

• wreckeurwreckeur Registered User regular
    Mine is not a purse. It's a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

• JohnBlazeNYCJohnBlazeNYC Registered User regular
    jgbgyqamclqg.jpg

I've been waiting to put this to use.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    love this thing.

sprayground-galaxy-backpack-01.jpg

Triiipledot on
  • smertepunktsmertepunkt Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    smertepunkt was warned for this.
    mod edit: removed img tags from oversized image
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/n9/593uncrxna2a.jpg

I've brought this along to all 3 (soon to be 4) PAX Easts I've been to. A backpack is too bulky for me, so I love the messenger bag for the show. I'm not even a big Halo fan, but I saw this clearanced at a closing Strawberries store (anybody remember those?) and I couldn't pass it up for $7.50. It's super rugged with great stitching and it has a lot of space and a few good pockets. I just realized I probably care more about this bag than I should.

Great topic idea!

zerzhul on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    I have the club bag from Gruv Gear, but it's mainly for loading into the BYOC in the morning, we usually just carry a small regular backpack on the expo floor for water bottles and swag. It's a great bag for travel. 3t2wzh8s7i4b.png

• littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    v8l7kpxp2qv1.jpg

This is my old reliable messenger bag- I've had it for 7 years. I got it on my first day of college (10 points if you can figure out where!). It's come with me to 7 countries. It's traveled by bus, car, plane, boat, train, foot, bicycle, safari truck, snowshoe, and horseback. It's been to the Grand Canyon and Disney World. It's been used at various times as a weapon, mobile desk, seat cushion, and pillow. It's not very ergonomic and has probably greatly contributed to my back problems, but I don't care. I am more sentimentally attached to this bag than I (usually) care to admit. It's been with me through a lot.
    Might have to consider getting the old thing a PAX patch...

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    HShEjw8.jpg
    Well here's my backpack...We've been through so much together. :')
    Not bringing it this year though. I'll probably bring some kind of shoulder bag that's a little smaller. Like this:

dDWQ17j.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I just ordered this guy on Amazon. Hopefully it works well.
    90ohv8x9wxv8.jpg

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • grayfawkesgrayfawkes Registered User regular
    _jnup wrote: »
    90ohv8x9wxv8.jpg

Do you have a link to that?

PAX East 2015:
    3 Single Day Passes [x]
    Hotel [x]
    Flights [x]
    Packed []
    Excitement[x]
    ————————————
    PAX East 12'
    PAX East 13'
    PAX East 14'
    PAX East 15'
  • cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    gf8ftj8erffp.jpg
    This is the kind of Bag I used. It also charged electronics which comes in handy.

• _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    grayfawkes wrote: »
    90ohv8x9wxv8.jpg

Do you have a link to that?

http://www.amazon.com/Olive-Drab-Backpack-Stool-Combination/dp/B0014LWQK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425042781&sr=8-1&keywords=Backpack+stool

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    k2rq71u9sk2v.jpg
    My messenger bag isn't much to look at, but it's been my trusty bag for all but one PAX East! The front pockets are big enough to hold my 3DS (it's even in there, you can't even tell), and there's some smaller pockets on the inside to keep my chargers and stuff organized. I love you, bag.

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    91M%2BiItjwhL._SL1500_.jpg

I picked this up from Amazon for my PAX needs and it's been incredible! It holds an English Fuckton (I don't believe in metric .. murica), has lots of compartments for sorting swag and chargers, etc, and the back is grooved and padded which makes it comfortable and allows airflow. It also doubles as a laptop bag! This thing under my airplane seat plus a rolling carryon mean I don't have to check anything. Amazon link if interested.

zeale on
    dgiab0m7h15x.png

• BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    szrsb6qakvrp.jpg
    this bag is great for my camera and has a built in poncho i can wrap it in if I get caught in the rain. enough room for a ds, chargers, and food

• GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    GeekyPanda404 was warned for this.
    mod edit: removed img tags from oversized image
    http://i.imgur.com/GkWYMC7.jpg

Military Backpack picked up during NYCC 2014 and my DSLR Bag for my Camera and accessories. Backpack will contain my snacks, water bottle, 3DS, etc and space for free swag.

zerzhul on
    mYPBAfl.jpg
  • kohanaikohanai Registered User regular
    my spy bag holds everything. I couldn't con without it. I tried. I failed.s7eo878yg6f3.jpg

• bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    0hjdrmpigrum.jpg

I've spent a good deal of time stitching these on. No irons.

• littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    Bandersnee, that Aperture patch is boss.

• acetheriveracetheriver Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    szrsb6qakvrp.jpg
    this bag is great for my camera and has a built in poncho i can wrap it in if I get caught in the rain. enough room for a ds, chargers, and food

Where can I get this bag? I really like this one.

acetheriver on
  • euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    euicho was warned for this.
    New this year :)

Edit: whoops I'm a silly goose. Resized:
    v2yfil1904k0.jpg

euicho on
    Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    zeale wrote: »
    I picked this up from Amazon for my PAX needs and it's been incredible! It holds an English Fuckton (I don't believe in metric .. murica), has lots of compartments for sorting swag and chargers, etc, and the back is grooved and padded which makes it comfortable and allows airflow. It also doubles as a laptop bag! This thing under my airplane seat plus a rolling carryon mean I don't have to check anything. Amazon link if interested.

I have the exact same bag. It's absolutely amazing. Lots of space.

I used it PAX 2013. 2014 and now 2015 I can not have a bag being in Cosplay and all... Plus I have see any swag I want I toss it into my friends bag :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    jgbgyqamclqg.jpg

I've been waiting to put this to use.

The Backpack of Holding was my very final order from ThinkGeek.
    Hopefully it's a better con backpack than the Infamous messenger bag. That thing and my shoulder do not get along.

• BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    szrsb6qakvrp.jpg

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/884452-REG/Lowepro_lp36432_pww_Photo_Hatchback_16L_AW.html

• JohnBlazeNYCJohnBlazeNYC Registered User regular
    90ohv8x9wxv8.jpg

Its so narrow that it might hurt after a while. It did for me.

• euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    szrsb6qakvrp.jpg

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/884452-REG/Lowepro_lp36432_pww_Photo_Hatchback_16L_AW.html

My brother-in-law has this bag and it's the bomb. It's nice and compact but holds a lot of gear.

Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
  • bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    euicho wrote: »

My brother-in-law has this bag and it's the bomb. It's nice and compact but holds a lot of gear.[/quote]

Whoa. That's a 16 liter pack. That could hold like.... 8 two-liters!

• Prototype AxlPrototype Axl Registered User regular
    It doesn't look as new as it did in this picture, but this is my main PAX Bag of Holding and sometimes Fighting Stick Bag.
    1935648_1258176895048_5622080_n.jpg?oh=6cae6b78a6dafd4ac5569ecf9bcdf664&oe=5589D19B

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    cocowoushi wrote: »
    While I have a backpack, my utility holster is a must. It keeps my phone, wallet, and 3DS close at all times and within easy reach. It also has a small zip pocket I use to throw change or buttons from booths. It's my 100% must have for cons.
    c616_grab_it_pack_gadget_holster.jpg

did they make you go through the bag check with this? I got through with just a camera case last year, but wondering what the designation of "bag" might be for them.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017